IK announces UNO Synth Pro

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You are both lost in it :hihi:
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

There is absolutely no doubt this is a great analogue mono....I just can't justify buying another analogue mono! My old UNO through the NTS1 just about quenched my gearlust for now...but the pro is on my radar.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I would sell all my other analogue monos to have this one, which is undoubtedly the King of Analogue Monos!

Here's a funny, though. Last week I had been working on some patches for our live set and realised that I had ended up with two almost identical sounds for three different songs, even though I had started from at least two different factory presets. Then, last night, I got Rocket integrated into my set-up for the first time since I bought a new one early last year. I went straight for the big unison sound I had been using when we were playing overseas in 2017 and realised that it, too, is almost indistinguishable from the three patches I had made in Uno Pro. It seems I have a very strong vision for how the parts I play live should sound. It also means that Uno Pro can sound as big as 8 voice unison with lots of drive on the output (Rocket's "Boost").
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:37 am I would sell all my other analogue monos to have this one, which is undoubtedly the King of Analogue Monos!
Factoring in price, portability and features it may well be! It’s great when you buy something you really click with, I feel a bit like that with the XD and the Hydrasynth....I started out loving both of them then they grew on me!

My other purchase last year was a Wavestate, it sounds great, some really big and fun patches and plenty of hands on tweaking....but it hasn’t clicked with me in the same way as the others.

I don’t play synths live, so my mono synth is 500hp of Eurorack that includes Behringer model D and Neutron as semi modulars....I should probably sell one of those (I don’t use the D much and it have many patch points anyway....see, I’m talking myself in to it :wink: and I do like mobile/coffee table stuff, even got a rechargeable battery for my XD!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I'd definitely sell all my Eurorack gear for a Mars Bar, but then, I'd only have any because someone dumped it on me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:27 am I'd definitely sell all my Eurorack gear for a Mars Bar, but then, I'd only have any because someone dumped it on me.
Sell them and buy a Hydrasynth :D ! A lot of modules are going for more than they actually cost new right now as there seems to be some sort of shortage! I am sure Eurorack modules get traded like commodities!

Does Hydrasynth have a VSTi editor/librarian? Because to me it just seems like a VSTi in a box, not the sort of thing I'd be interested in at all. In fact, I doubt I'd be interested in it if it was a VSTI, either, even if it was cheap.

BONES wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:50 am Nick Batt's review is in, and it's a really long one because he loves it so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_TssVQbpxw&t=1s
Very fair review. An interesting exchange of opinions in the comments too.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Sorely tempted for the desktop version. Could be a great compliment to the Norand Mono.

revvy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 pm
BONES wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:50 am Nick Batt's review is in, and it's a really long one because he loves it so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_TssVQbpxw&t=1s
Very fair review. An interesting exchange of opinions in the comments too.
I just cannot agree with the comments that say beefy synths don’t matter in the mix.

BONES wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:08 am Does Hydrasynth have a VSTi editor/librarian? Because to me it just seems like a VSTi in a box, not the sort of thing I'd be interested in at all. In fact, I doubt I'd be interested in it if it was a VSTI, either, even if it was cheap.
Yes, librarian free, editors from cheap to advanced one that even algorithmically morph parameters on the instrument in real-time.

Every digital synth can be described as a VSTi in a box! This box just happens to link the sound extremely well to the polyphonic after touch keys and ribbon controller and is the the most expressive keyboard I have ever played- I sold my Roli after I got my Hydrasysnth and use the Hydrasynth as a expressive controller keyboard for my VSTs as well...I think the Hydrasynth is one that needs to be played before it is judged, the sum is more than the parts and most reviews are extremely positive, so I am not alone in liking it!

The vid of Nick Batt seems like a rehab regarded to the Uno Pro.
Nice gesture.

I wish IK were not such greedy buggers...If you register your IK Multimedia UNO and sell it later you have to pay 20 Euro to transfer the license to the new owner so they can use the software editor! UNO's only sell for 100E second hand!

May not seem like a big deal, but annoys me as if I ever want an UNO Pro I would probably sell the UNO, they should at least waive this fee if you are upgrading (frankly they should not have this fee anyway!)

SLiC wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 1:29 pm I wish IK were not such greedy buggers...If you register your IK Multimedia UNO and sell it later you have to pay 20 Euro to transfer the license to the new owner so they can use the software editor! UNO's only sell for 100E second hand!

May not seem like a big deal, but annoys me as if I ever want an UNO Pro I would probably sell the UNO, they should at least waive this fee if you are upgrading (frankly they should not have this fee anyway!)
It's a poor CS approach isn't it.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Greedy buggers? IK's massive discount sales and group-buys dwarf the few pitiful handling charges they pass on along the way. Not to mention the intro prices, the many free versions, and alacart opportunities, for when it's a only single item you need, or can afford. I really doubt they make a $grand$ per year on extra fees. And that editor you mentioned wasn't plucked from a fruit tree etc...coding man-hours don't come cheap.
Cheers

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”