E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:25 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:19 pm
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:13 pm Do you have a regular donate option? One that doesn't involve getting a license. I donated before and got the Invader beta. I'm so impressed by it and also your efforts, and I feel I didn't give enough. It's ok if not, I can just buy another beta---
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. As it keeps getting better and better, I might donate some more. Maybe he has his info@e-phonic.com address associated with his PayPal account. Try it and if it doesn't come back... :wink:
I wrote him and he responded, saying to buy another beta. Which I'm off to do now-
You mean as a gift for someone else? I did that.
But I would not buy two licenses for myself, what would be the point of that? 8)

e-crooner wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:58 pm
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:13 pm Do you have a regular donate option? One that doesn't involve getting a license. I donated before and got the Invader beta. I'm so impressed by it and also your efforts, and I feel I didn't give enough. It's ok if not, I can just buy another beta---
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. As it keeps getting better and better, I might donate some more. Maybe he has his info@<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">e-phonic.com</span> address associated with his PayPal account. Try it and if it doesn't come back... :wink:
I wrote him and he responded, saying to buy another beta. Which I'm off to do now-
But I would not buy two licenses for myself, what would be the point of that? 8)
I know what you mean. He said "If you like, you can indeed buy another beta. It will just generate the same key if you use the same email address." No mention of a donation link, so this is the way I suppose. Whatever's clever!

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:29 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 6:58 pm
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. As it keeps getting better and better, I might donate some more. Maybe he has his info@<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">e-phonic.com</span> address associated with his PayPal account. Try it and if it doesn't come back... :wink:
I know what you mean. He said "If you like, you can indeed buy another beta. It will just generate the same key if you use the same email address." No mention of a donation link, so this is the way I suppose. Whatever's clever!
Oh I see. Makes me wonder which e-mail address he means. The PayPal one or the license recipient's. If it is the former, my brother now has the same key as I do :hihi:

I think his protection system is not very secure. If I am not mistaken (I hope I am), it opens the door to piracy because one might simply enter any correct mail address & license code combination in the simple configuration file manually 8)

Re: stuck notes, I couldn't replicate it with a midi keyboard so definitely something weird with Reapers keyboard. Not something to worry about.

e-crooner wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:43 pm I think his protection system is not very secure. If I am not mistaken (I hope I am), it opens the door to piracy because one might simply enter any correct mail address & license code combination in the simple configuration file manually 8)
It's just a simple user / key system. I don't feel like spending time on a super secure licensing system or dongle solution. Eventually it will be pirated anyway. If €5 is too much to ask, they weren't going to spend money anyway. :wink:

e-crooner wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:43 pm I think his protection system is not very secure. If I am not mistaken (I hope I am), it opens the door to piracy because one might simply enter any correct mail address & license code combination in the simple configuration file manually 8)
But you'd need a correct email/code combo anyway..? No different from knowing someones serial number, or am I mistaking what you're saying?

let's not go down that path, in this thread at least.

Bought Invader 2 today and loving it!!! :hyper: :love: Spent a few hours with it now and the only thing that kind of bugs me is that I can't hide the keyboard section to save screen space. Would be great if there was a switch to show/hide the keyboard section (perhaps clicking the Invader 2 logo could do this?). Many thanks E-Phonic :tu:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

GaryG wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 am
But you'd need a correct email/code combo anyway..? No different from knowing someones serial number, or am I mistaking what you're saying?
Well, I think a lot of synths use challenge and response to increase protection.
But with this synth it seems all one need to do is enter mail address and code in the synth's configuration file using a program like Notepad.

e-phonic wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:22 am
It's just a simple user / key system. I don't feel like spending time on a super secure licensing system or dongle solution. Eventually it will be pirated anyway. If €5 is too much to ask, they weren't going to spend money anyway. :wink:
I think U-he stuff doesn't get pirated, yet they use a simple system.

That's a somewhat fatalistic attitude :? But yes, I know there are a lot of criminals out there, some cheeky ones even offer their hacks on Youtube.

What exactly does Drift do? I don't really hear a difference between 0 and 99, or am I missing something - again? 8)

Oscillator drift causes the oscillators tuning to drift in and out of tune over time. Presumably the higher the setting the more "out of tune" you can get ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:22 pm Oscillator drift causes the oscillators tuning to drift in and out of tune over time. Presumably the higher the setting the more "out of tune" you can get ...
That's what I thought, but I don't hear it, not even when set to 99.
I took the init patch and set the release very long. Then I played the same key repeatedly. There should have been clear pitch deviations, but it sounded pretty consistent, there was hardly any difference. What I did hear was more of an LFO phase thingy to put it this way.

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:30 pm it sounded pretty consistent, there was hardly any difference.
I think that's the idea. It should be very subtle.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:00 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:30 pm it sounded pretty consistent, there was hardly any difference.
I think that's the idea. It should be very subtle.
Hehe, in Retrologue 2 there is also a Random Pitch knob at the top, anything beyond 0.5 (out of 100!) sounds off :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”