Glitchmachines... opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fracture (free) has just been updated. One of my favourite audio manglers.

scott_free wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:30 pm Polygon 2 is on sale for $10 at pluginboutique. Resistance is futile. :borg:
There is little bummer, that you will not able to get access to last (official) updates place if grab any of GM in PB.
Though i used this offer today too (could not resists for 10 vs upgrade for 30 officially), but nonetheless.

What about their FX, they seemed to me actually more interesting than instruments (though i like unusual synth\samplers). Not tried Polygon 2 though yet, will hope to some changes heh.

Btw there is still no GM products page at kvr for some reason

scott_free wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:30 pm Polygon 2 is on sale for $10 at pluginboutique. Resistance is futile. :borg:
I have had a bunch of glitchmacines stuff and sold it because i never gelled with their interfaces but Polygon 2 represents a change in design and for $10 I bought it to try. Pleased I did, although I dont really understand the sequencer yet (or maybe it has no free run mode)

Btw tried just now, i liked. I even would say, would not be regret to pay for this more.
Logical control and nice random section, and most thing interesting grain result, into some rough, experimental bias. And it's (this time heh) really more than just modulating loop points. By grain result reminded me TubeOhm's Pure-G.
The only thing maybe, sad that there is no ability to customize\disable amplitude envelope, for use it as instant generator, that usually useful for this stuff type. Or it could be some latch button. Or playback thru his modulation seq.

Polygon 2 is $6.98 but in the cart it states $10.
This must be the new math for advanced mathematicians.
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... olygon-2-0
I have version one which I rarely played with.

c_voltage wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:17 am
There is little bummer, that you will not able to get access to last (official) updates place if grab any of GM in PB.
I definitely bought Polygon 1 and, later, the upgrade to Polygon 2 from PB. Paid £3.72 for Polygon 1 and then £18.95 for the upgrade. Maybe the upgrade was only available from PB as an intro deal? It definitely happened, though, I just checked my invoices.

None of this changes the fact that this deal is still cheaper than the upgrade, hehe. ;)

nonstatic wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:24 am
I definitely bought Polygon 1 and, later, the upgrade to Polygon 2 from PB. Paid £3.72 for Polygon 1 and then £18.95 for the upgrade. Maybe the upgrade was only available from PB as an intro deal? It definitely happened, though, I just checked my invoices.
No, i wrote about updates, not upgrades. Ie latest versions of plugins (access to).

c_voltage wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:00 am
nonstatic wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:24 am
No, i wrote about updates, not upgrades. Ie latest versions of plugins (access to).
PB always let me know (on their site) when plugins purchased from them have an update ...

thecontrolcentre wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:05 am PB always let me know (on their site) when plugins purchased from them have an update ...
Yes, but i don’t know, maybe its just for me, but if being license user and do not have ability to check actual version (from first hands, so to speak), somehow not very good.
And logically, that PB will always have it later. If be at all. (And there is no possibility to check, again)

I'm not a big fan of the older plugins when it comes to the interface, but I do like the new iterations. Scalable, much easier to use interface (compare the free Fracture 1.2 to 1.3).
I hope they update all their plugins soon.

Support is also okay. They respond kindly and quickly to my questions. Although they where a bit evasive when I told all (right click) menus in Polygon2 didn't scale. I call this a bug, they don't. Even though the menus scale properly in Convex and Fracture.

Next on my wish list is Palindrome.

I've been using their stuff from the beginning and found the support to be as good as it gets.

c_voltage wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:55 am Btw tried just now, i liked. I even would say, would not be regret to pay for this more.
Logical control and nice random section, and most thing interesting grain result, into some rough, experimental bias. And it's (this time heh) really more than just modulating loop points. By grain result reminded me TubeOhm's Pure-G.
The only thing maybe, sad that there is no ability to customize\disable amplitude envelope, for use it as instant generator, that usually useful for this stuff type. Or it could be some latch button. Or playback thru his modulation seq.
Maybe, over the years, I've missed something, but TubeOhm's Pure-G still seems unique and wonderful.

Pure-Grain?

sounds great. windows only :(
Last edited by killmaster on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rj0 wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:50 am Maybe, over the years, I've missed something, but TubeOhm's Pure-G still seems unique and wonderful.
I like it too, haven't used for a long time though (with nowadays abundance) but I think to return to it. The only thing, it's some inconvenience due to his synthedit nature - this is various sample loading related nuances. But the sound of its granular engine is pretty interesting.
In general, were always desire buy else a couple of tools from this vendor, such as fm synth, but as always you put it off for later. Dude does very distinctive by sound things.
Also, a distinctive aspect of his works is some kind of atypical (as for synthedit) attention to details in ui\featurement sense.
killmaster wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:43 am Pure-Grain?
There is a bit mess with his name, Pure-Grain, Pure-D16/24Grain, but yes.

I’ve watched the first few minutes of a Polygon 2 video on Youtube. Despite some elaborate modulation envelopes, absolutely nothing happened to the sound, just seemingly random noise. I think I’ll pass.

Return to “Effects”