Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

gondii wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:52 pm I might be wrong, but isn't Sononym the tool that goes beyond just drum samples?
It just sorts it, same idea, but not a fully feature drum machine/player
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

gExpectations wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:42 am When i looked at atlas/xo and so on and that shortly after release, atlas was significantly slower than XO. One of the reasons I went with XO. Things might have changed since then tho. I would install the demo and give it a shot.
Here Atlas is much faster when working with big sample libraries. I have both but stopped using XO because it takes too long to load, and projects with several XO instances took ages to start up.

But yeah, this might be different for everyone, so best to demo.
More BPM please

gondii wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:52 pm I might be wrong, but isn't Sononym the tool that goes beyond just drum samples?
Yep, but it's not a plug-in. It's kind of a sample search engine that fully analyzes your samples and let's you find samples on your system by searching for similarities.

If Atlas or XO would have the Sononym engine, then we would have a winner :wink:
More BPM please

New Atlas actually looks super cool! I use XO mainly as a drum selector, sometimes to sketch a beat. I think most of the other features don't really fit my workflow/I think they are "too clunky".

edit: oh wow, I've just seen in the tom cosm video, they have choke groups in the advanced editing features. I'm quite confident you can also use this as a sample slicer. Make an extra map with all your long form "to slice" samples and work from there. I have to see how it pans out workflow wise but the only thing that I might be missing at all, is the ability to add different loop variations without using load/save.

''If you purchased Atlas 1 after 1st September 2020 you also qualify for a free upgrade''

A very generous upgrade period! :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Audio and midi export are awesome. Was really hoping for those. Can't wait to dive in.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:17 am That looks awesome! I can see a few XO licences going up on the marketplace soon (including mine!)...there has been almost no development on XO since it was released, ATLAS 2 seems to have nailed about every feature that has been requested for XO (I wonder if the DEV followed the XO FR thread on KVR!)

Anyway, great job...deserves to be very successful by the looks of that video.
Yep, same here. All I wanted from XO was more sample slots and a longer sequencer. Atlas 2 seems to have that covered. Everything else is a bonus. XO might have to kick rocks.

It is kind of tempting I have to admit. But I basically have no need for a sequencer or any of the advanced functions. All my samples go straight from XO to Geist2 these days... and I'm not looking to replace Geist.

kavin2134 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:37 pm So Algonaut has finally announced a very long awaited update to Atlas. https://algonaut.audio/ and they have added a lot of new features including the expected sequencer, midi import and export for it, new sample map mode amongst others.

I think a lot of people gave up on them after the very long term of silence but i think they now have a very good product in version 2, would be interesting to see how it compares to others
For me it seems that, because Algonaut hasn’t been able to make the Atlas what it was supposed (promised) to be (intelligent sound mapping tool), they have included all kind of stuff (like the sequencer), which any other tool/developer can deliver.

I would be much happier, if the Algonaut concentrated doing 1 thing uniquely very good, than deliver a bunch of mediocre mishmash.

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:01 pm
kavin2134 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:37 pm So Algonaut has finally announced a very long awaited update to Atlas. https://algonaut.audio/ and they have added a lot of new features including the expected sequencer, midi import and export for it, new sample map mode amongst others.

I think a lot of people gave up on them after the very long term of silence but i think they now have a very good product in version 2, would be interesting to see how it compares to others
For me it seems that, because Algonaut hasn’t been able to make the Atlas what it was supposed (promised) to be (intelligent sound mapping tool), they have included all kind of stuff (like the sequencer), which any other tool/developer can deliver.

I would be much happier, if the Algonaut concentrated doing 1 thing uniquely very good, than deliver a bunch of mediocre mishmash.
I'm not sure it will ever be uniquely as there is already a really good intelligent sound mapping tool in https://www.sononym.net/ and it seems a lot of people (including me) just want a good drum machine that sorts and finds our drum samples! Most request feature on XO- the drum player, not the sorting (which works well enough)

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:18 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:01 pm

I'm not sure it will ever be uniquely as there is already a really good intelligent sound mapping tool in https://www.sononym.net/ and it seems a lot of people (including me) just want a good drum machine that sorts and finds our drum samples! Most request feature on XO- the drum player, not the sorting (which works well enough)
You mean, in the other words, that if someone wants a good sound mapping tool, they should buy the Sononym, and give up the target, what Algonaut promises, when the Atlas was lauched a few years back.
And be happy that Atlas is just a drum machine like 86 drum machines available in the market.

A pretty strange suggestion for those who have believed and invested in the Atlas.

I don't know what Algonaut promised, I bought XO, but this looks like a great update to me- we have had no real updates at all with XO...I also bought for Sononym for 50 bucks in the sale despite having XO, its different enough to have both.

I mean,... sequencers are a nice bonus, but people care about the drum sample mapping mostly, no? I'd be interested how this specifically compares with XO. People say that XO runs very slowly - at least I don't believe I have that issue. Does the AI differ?

This looks like a pretty solid update. Some of the additions might pull it ahead of XO in terms of a modular kind of workflow.
But imo the truth is both Atlas and XO need what Synonym has.
And Synonym, even with that amazing 'similar' function, just does not really fit into a daw workflow very well for me.
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:11 pm This looks like a pretty solid update. Some of the additions might pull it ahead of XO in terms of a modular kind of workflow.
But imo the truth is both Atlas and XO need what Synonym has.
And Synonym, even with that amazing 'similar' function, just does not really fit into a daw workflow very well for me.
Yup- at some stage one of the DAWS will build this functionality in...then they all will!
For now I am just happy using XO as a drum finder, I have way too many drum samples to not use 'something' like this!

Return to “Instruments”