Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

stinger12345 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:52 pm Is it crazy to consider Ana 2 a "newer" Sylenth?
Kind of yes. But unfortunately not as stable. It has a few glitches as reported in this thread. Sylnth1 still has one of the best filters in software.

liquidsound wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:48 am
BONES wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:43 am
stinger12345 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:52 pmIs it crazy to consider Ana 2 a "newer" Sylenth?
Yes, it is. Sylenth 1 is the most over-rated VSTi ever, ANA 2 might just be the most under-rated.
Correct!
:tu:
No auto tune...

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:33 amSylnth1 still has one of the best filters in software.
Best how? My recollection of it is that it was serviceable but not much beyond that. I also found that trying to modulate it with the mod matrix was quite annoying, in that I couldn't get enough mod depth into it without assigning it to two slots.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

So I test in 3 daws and you on one, and the problem is definitely with my PC. Got it!
BONES wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:43 am
stinger12345 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:52 pmIs it crazy to consider Ana 2 a "newer" Sylenth?
Yes, it is. Sylenth 1 is the most over-rated VSTi ever, ANA 2 might just be the most under-rated.
sircuit wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:09 pmCan you make ANA2 HiDPI aware on Windows 10 please? I tested Cubase, Bitwig and Live and they all display the 2x GUI only when I push the zoom to 125%. But then the GUI becomes bigger than the available display area.
That might be a problem with your PC. I have no such problems on my Surface Pro, which also runs with 150% scaling. Admittedly, I am on Studio One but I have plenty of other plugins that don't scale properly so I doubt it's S1 that's making it OK.
However, if I open it's window, it switches to that dreaded default preset.
"Dreaded"!?! That's one of the most amazing synth patches I've ever heard. I've used it in more than 30 songs.

It's a shame there are no new skins for existing users. Would quite like some new ones!

What happened to Phil? He offered to screen share to see the issues and then disappeared...

Ana v2 has a flexibility, a sound power and an analog charme unique in its kind, there is no other that surpasses it in certain electronic sounds! and a phenomenal final sound quality that sits perfectly in any mix, very few synthesizers achieve this, Ana is the best of all by far at least so far, and I've had them all! Thank you Sonic!!!

the extreme time-lagging upon opening the GUI is a ball breaker for me, or else Ana2 would be my go-to. I'd honestly probably use it almost exclusively. I can't see myself ever needing any more features that it already has. Other than granular maybe :P

but really, every single time i open the GUI, takes a good 10 seconds to appear.

Very rare, what system do you use or under which DAW? on my PC it opens instantly.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:33 pm What happened to Phil? He offered to screen share to see the issues and then disappeared...
I heard he went bungee jumping in Patagonia :wink:
No auto tune...

Yeah, I don't have any problems with ANA-2's GUI being slow. Union is slow on both my computers but I've never noticed any lag with ANA 2 at all.
sircuit wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:02 pm So I test in 3 daws and you on one, and the problem is definitely with my PC. Got it!
I've used ANA 2 in Studio One, Cubase and Orion without issue. I only mentioned Studio One as it was the host we have in common. i.e. If it works for me and not for you on the same host, it makes sense that the problem is most likely at your end, rather than with the plugin. Or do you think I am just the luckiest person on Earth?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

ANA 2 loads in about 2.5 seconds here off an old SSD...

If I loaded it from the M.2 SSD,it would be faster than a speeding bullet...

I transferred most of my samples to the M.2 drive and it's great...

Like flying in a jet instead of a biplane...

@ Mr Sqigls...it sounds more like a hardware issue to me...

There's nothing wrong with ANA 2....

She's a object of beauty :)
No auto tune...

Macbook Mid 2012, but Ana2 is the only vst that hangs like this, and believe me, i have hundreds and hundreds.
Solid state HD and 16GB RAM

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:41 pm It's a shame there are no new skins for existing users. Would quite like some new ones!
Hi!
Go to Slate Digital -> Installers -> install their Ana2 Ultra Bundle -> have a fun
(it should work if you have Ana 2 license)

Return to “Instruments”