Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

It loaded quickly here, no issues at all.

I demo'd it last night to see what all the fuss was about. Very underwhelmed. Wasn't anything I haven't got many times over in other synths and its sound is good but nothing ground breaking ,and programming it ? Seems intuitive enough.

There's nothing ground breaking here, but its a solid synth.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

sqigls wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:31 am Macbook Mid 2012, but Ana2 is the only vst that hangs like this, and believe me, i have hundreds and hundreds.
Solid state HD and 16GB RAM
There's the difference, then. I'm on PC (which stands for Proper Computer) and everything just works.

BTW, there's a reason I list all my gear in my signature. It's not to show off, clearly, it's because it helps other people who are trying to help me.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.

What sort of utter loser puts people on their ignore list? I mean, seriously, you can't participate in a discussion if you can't read every post and you'll still be able to see anything that gets quoted by someone else so it doesn't even work. It's a good way to spot the wankers, though.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

life is short

True Bones, but that’s the thing : people who discuss keep on discussing. People who simply attack me as an answer go to my ignore list.
I don’t have the time for this. Forums are not my life. Let @sses be @sses. They’ll talk to somebody else, I’m not interested into forums fights.
2 people on my ignore list since 2009. I think that’s not a big deal.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

BONES wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:23 am What sort of utter loser puts people on their ignore list? I mean, seriously, you can't participate in a discussion if you can't read every post and you'll still be able to see anything that gets quoted by someone else so it doesn't even work. It's a good way to spot the wankers, though.
If we search "wankers" in this site, how many times will your name come up?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

ANA 2...

That's what it's all about :)
No auto tune...

Best possible example of what I was talking about at the perfect timing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dirtgrain.png
Sorry, couldn't resist, this sounded like a parody, back to Ana 2. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 pmIf we search "wankers" in this site, how many times will your name come up?
There's only one way to find out...

I've been having second thoughts on ANA 2. Listening to more audio demos , it seems extremely powerful.

I put my hands up as guilty when I used the demo, I was underwhelmed because I didn't give it enough time maybe.

I think I need to do that, because it's currently on sale.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:28 am I've been having second thoughts on ANA 2. Listening to more audio demos , it seems extremely powerful.
I don't know if this is of any relevance to the music you are making, but this soundset convinced me to buy ANA2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjM-St10XU

I have the soundset as well, all the lead lines from the video are arpeggiated presets with some clever step sequencer assigments, and all the sound mutations are the macro tweaking. I think it shows that you can do some advanced programming in Ana, notably the arp is more than a "ususal" arp in a synth. Also, good filters, many interesting morphable waveforms, some nice effects (especially some of the distortion modes sound really good). I think ANA2 has just the right amount of features, not overcomplicated but neither too basic, with many sonic sweet spots.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:33 am
LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:28 am I've been having second thoughts on ANA 2. Listening to more audio demos , it seems extremely powerful.
I don't know if this is of any relevance to the music you are making, but this soundset convinced me to buy ANA2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjM-St10XU

I have the soundset as well, all the lead lines from the video are arpeggiated presets with some clever step sequencer assigments, and all the sound mutations are the macro tweaking. I think it shows that you can do some advanced programming in Ana, notably the arp is more than a "ususal" arp in a synth. Also, good filters, many interesting morphable waveforms, some nice effects (especially some of the distortion modes sound really good). I think ANA2 has just the right amount of features, not overcomplicated but neither too basic, with many sonic sweet spots.
I bought it earlier before I left for the gym lolol I couldn't resist at that price tbh

And that soundset you posted is pretty decent tbh not a million miles from what I use

LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:28 am I think I need to do that, because it's currently on sale.
Even though I have Ana 2 already, I was curious about the sale price. I see it's around $66 on their site. That's a great deal so whoever doesn't have it, I recommend giving the demo a try.

LeVzi wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:42 am I bought it earlier before I left for the gym lolol I couldn't resist at that price tbh
Cool, now that you have Ana, I think you'll skip the gym more often :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”