Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

good news, it works (as does the blue cat patchwrok wrapper)

thanks for the help :tu:

I prefer to use KushView Element for patching up VSTs inside a VST, because I got it for 2$.
More tools are always better, but I am semi-broke and don't really need the functionally...

Q9000 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:15 pm I prefer to use KushView Element for patching up VSTs inside a VST, because I got it for 2$.
More tools are always better, but I am semi-broke and don't really need the functionally...
If all you need is a patching utility, Element is a great choice, as is Blue Cat's Patchwork. Element developer Mike Fisher is a great guy who helped me get our AAX version going.

UNIFY: 18 Features that Make It SüperCool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHhaOVtMCng

Not sure if this is a Unify 'everywhere' thing or not, but in Reaper on Windows when I have a latch in place on a MIDI effect layer on an instrument and then bring in a new instrument that I want to use the same MIDI effect layer, as soon as I click on the second instrument's MIDI source selector to select M1 as the source (for example) the currently latched note dies.
Is there an option somewhere to let a latched note persist even when changing other instruments' MIDI sources? I like to use latched drum grooves, bass sequences and drones and this seems to kill the vibe.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:32 pm Not sure if this is a Unify 'everywhere' thing or not, but in Reaper on Windows when I have a latch in place on a MIDI effect layer on an instrument and then bring in a new instrument that I want to use the same MIDI effect layer, as soon as I click on the second instrument's MIDI source selector to select M1 as the source (for example) the currently latched note dies.
Is there an option somewhere to let a latched note persist even when changing other instruments' MIDI sources? I like to use latched drum grooves, bass sequences and drones and this seems to kill the vibe.
No, there's no such option at the moment. It would be a tricky thing to implement, because Unify would have to send MIDI note-on events to any newly-added INST layers listening to the latched MIDI layer, and note-offs to any INST layers you might disconnect. I'll think about it.

getdunne wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:14 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:32 pm Not sure if this is a Unify 'everywhere' thing or not, but in Reaper on Windows when I have a latch in place on a MIDI effect layer on an instrument and then bring in a new instrument that I want to use the same MIDI effect layer, as soon as I click on the second instrument's MIDI source selector to select M1 as the source (for example) the currently latched note dies.
No, there's no such option at the moment. It would be a tricky thing to implement, because Unify would have to send MIDI note-on events to any newly-added INST layers listening to the latched MIDI layer, and note-offs to any INST layers you might disconnect. I'll think about it.
Cheers Shane, can workaround to an extent by preparing the layers I want to work with, but the issue is more when I use scale/key MIDI FX as they won't get applied to any incoming new layers unless I'm happy to lose the latch.
I'm lazy so only taught myself how to play in C and then transpose to whichever key/scale I'm after :)

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Is there more news on incorporating our hardware synths in Unify?
I'm really interested in someone finally creating a plugin that can finally do this in a good way, and hoping it's Unify..
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:00 pm Is there more news on incorporating our hardware synths in Unify?
I'm really interested in someone finally creating a plugin that can finally do this in a good way, and hoping it's Unify..
No news, but this is definitely on our to-do list. I have prototyped a number of useful techniques, so it's possible, but there is much work to be done.

Sounds great thnx Shane
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:00 pm Is there more news on incorporating our hardware synths in Unify?
Like Omnisphere? I wish Unify could do that also.

Examigan wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 pm
I'm not sure what you mean. Omnisphere is a software synthesizer plug-in. It already works perfectly in Unify.

getdunne wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:07 pm
Examigan wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:51 pm
I'm not sure what you mean. Omnisphere is a software synthesizer plug-in. It already works perfectly in Unify.
I know it is a synth plugin, but Omnisphere has hardware integration built-in, that’s all I meant.

Examigan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:25 pm ...
I know it is a synth plugin, but Omnisphere has hardware integration built-in, that’s all I meant.
Ah, I see what you mean.

Omnisphere's "hardware integration" is a combination of pre-mapped MIDI CC controls (so e.g. the "filter cutoff" knob on the hardware synth controls filter cutoff in Omnisphere) and newly-added samples to make Omnisphere itself sound very close to each supported device. The external hardware synth is only used as a controller for Omnisphere; whatever audio the hardware produces doesn't pass through Omnisphere.

These are very nice features for sure, but I think what the original poster was asking about was the ability to use external synths in Unify patches, i.e. Unify receives and processes the external synth's audio via an audio interface. I have prototyped this capability in Unify and it's quite useful.

@trusampler which type(s) of integration are you after?

A small reminder for all user of Unify, our two libraries Synth Motions Vol.1 and Synth Motions Drums for Unify are on SALE, check it out on our website www.particular-sound.de

https://youtu.be/NRee887oZ3o?t=609

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Return to “Instruments”