Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

functionform wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:52 pm Basically, this update was so damn awesome everyone now has 101 ways to to take it to the next level lol.
A lot of people probably went from, "Atlas [1.x] isn't all that useful to me - I need features like a sequencer...pass!" And now people are like, "oh crap, Atlas 2.0 is really cool! It would also be great if..."

Nothing funny about that. Totally reasonable response.

I never tried 1.0 at all because it looked like XO without key features. Now, version 2 has piqued my interest because it's like a better version of XO. Now, if it could be made even better? Hell yeah I have requests!

Yeah, I agree with Funkybot's Evil Twin. I think we still miss a "killer app" in that space and that since a while. Geist shows its age, Battery not resizable and now with the new drum selection feature thats just an A+ addition to the "traditional" pad sampler. Doesn't mean Atlas 2 isn't exciting as is!

I was the opposite. I was like eh I don't need a sequencer. What is the use of that. I have one in Studio One lol.

But now I'm having a blast.

Whoa this thread's kinda getting away on me haha. Loving all the suggestions. There's definitely some of them planned as free updates to 2.0, I just had to draw the line on getting v2 out or I'd be working on it forever without sharing it. Keep posting ideas about features, it's really handy to hear all this.

(Also, right now If you have any tech support issues it's way better to contact via website or email. It's crazy busy this week/weekend but I'm getting through it all.)

Another vote for note triggering Sequence.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:16 pm ''If you purchased Atlas 1 after 1st September 2020 you also qualify for a free upgrade''

A very generous upgrade period! :tu:
I bought atlas 1 on 25 nov. 2020 but the upgrade price is still $19.00 for me. Few days ago I could see your quote on the algonaut web site, but it seems they changed their mind, disappointing :(

NeP94 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:12 pm
SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:16 pm ''If you purchased Atlas 1 after 1st September 2020 you also qualify for a free upgrade''

A very generous upgrade period! :tu:
I bought atlas 1 on 25 nov. 2020 but the upgrade price is still $19.00 for me. Few days ago I could see your quote on the algonaut web site, but it seems they changed their mind, disappointing :(
Yes, it is. :roll:

MattAlgonaut wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:46 am Whoa this thread's kinda getting away on me haha. Loving all the suggestions. There's definitely some of them planned as free updates to 2.0, I just had to draw the line on getting v2 out or I'd be working on it forever without sharing it. Keep posting ideas about features, it's really handy to hear all this.

(Also, right now If you have any tech support issues it's way better to contact via website or email. It's crazy busy this week/weekend but I'm getting through it all.)
I can’t work out how to define the drum type on the pad like in V1? I like to lock a couple of pads as type Other to bring in non-standard hits. It’s actually my favourite Atlas feature.

GusGranite wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:30 pm I can’t work out how to define the drum type on the pad like in V1? I like to lock a couple of pads as type Other to bring in non-standard hits. It’s actually my favourite Atlas feature.
I like to do this also to keep consistent mapping for my own uses as well.

The workaround I have found is to drag and drop samples of the type you want for each cell. New Kit then honours those types when creating random kits. It only reverts back to the default cell type if you delete the sample.

If you want to template this, you can setup the cells as you require and then save the preset/device settings (using your DAW's option to do this) with samples already embedded and just turn their gain down to -inf. (The gain is reset when New Kit is pressed).

The in-plugin alternative is to setup the kit, as per the instructions above, then save the kit by right clicking on the User folder in the Browser and saving the drum kit with your layout name. You can then recall the drumkit at any time by double clicking on it.

Edit: FYI - looks like the in-plugin save doesn't save Ext Out settings when loading when you load
a fresh instance of Atlas. Either use the DAW preset save option or just use the Ext Out -> Sequential option to assign the 16 pads to the 16 outputs.

arbux wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:44 pm
GusGranite wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:30 pm I can’t work out how to define the drum type on the pad like in V1? I like to lock a couple of pads as type Other to bring in non-standard hits. It’s actually my favourite Atlas feature.
I like to do this also to keep consistent mapping for my own uses as well.

The workaround I have found is to drag and drop samples of the type you want for each cell. New Kit then honours those types when creating random kits. It only reverts back to the default cell type if you delete the sample.

If you want to template this, you can setup the cells as you require and then save the preset/device settings (using your DAW's option to do this) with samples already embedded and just turn their gain down to -inf. (The gain is reset when New Kit is pressed).

The in-plugin alternative is to setup the kit, as per the instructions above, then save the kit by right clicking on the User folder in the Browser and saving the drum kit with your layout name. You can then recall the drumkit at any time by double clicking on it.

Edit: FYI - looks like the in-plugin save doesn't save Ext Out settings when loading when you load
a fresh instance of Atlas. Either use the DAW preset save option or just use the Ext Out -> Sequential option to assign the 16 pads to the 16 outputs.
Awesome. Thank you for the detailed reply!

NeP94 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:12 pm I bought atlas 1 on 25 nov. 2020 but the upgrade price is still $19.00 for me. Few days ago I could see your quote on the algonaut web site, but it seems they changed their mind, disappointing :(
Sorry about this, that was a mistake that was left on the website from when it was first being built last year. The grace period is from 1st January this year. I've really tried to keep the upgrade price reasonable for the added value (the last year has been rough for a lot of people).

I have bought the upgrade to V2 (nice software BTW) and I am struggling to make it work with my LaunchPad MINI. is the MINI even compatible or only Lanunchpad "standard" will work?

Atlas is very fast to work with. More so than XO which I sold.

The new sequencer is very useful for us that sometimes works in Cubase. For Bitwig users etc it's mostly redundant. I'll leave some more feedback after some work. :)

autodafe wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:29 am I have bought the upgrade to V2 (nice software BTW) and I am struggling to make it work with my LaunchPad MINI. is the MINI even compatible or only Lanunchpad "standard" will work?
I use it with my LaunchPad Mini, just works for me. Did you set up the correct interface in your DAW?

cnt wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:50 am I use it with my LaunchPad Mini, just works for me. Did you set up the correct interface in your DAW?
I have tried standalone. Atlas can receive MIDI notes from the Launchpad MINI, but they are not correctl mapped onto the 8x8 grid....

Return to “Instruments”