DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hello and thanks for the wonderful work on this! It looks like the current download (DrivenByMoss-12.2.2-Bitwig.zip 24.05.2021) does not include the manual.

Thanks!
Balek

balek wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:11 pm Hello and thanks for the wonderful work on this! It looks like the current download (DrivenByMoss-12.2.2-Bitwig.zip 24.05.2021) does not include the manual.

Thanks!
Balek
You can now access it via the "?" at the controller settings.

Since you are not the first who is confused by this, I guess I will add to the ZIP as well.

Thank you for these extensions moss your efforts are massively appreciated. I wonder if you or anyone else can help, I am trying to work out how to control more than 8 parameters at once without having to page through device parameter pages using the generic flexi, (apologies if this has already come up before, I couldn't find anything on) the use case is as follows...

I have a Cobalt 8 hardware synth, which on the front panel has 27 continuous knobs which all send CC messages

The controls are grouped into logical sections so I think this would be great to map onto some of my other VST's which have the same set of controls. The issue is that I can only set 8 device parameters, I can't work out how to set a CC to a specific parameter on a specific page.

I have tried to use the CC value setting as an alternative and then use the Midi CC modulators but the issue is that is is relative modulation so all dials have to be set to zero first.. also this is not useful for browsing presets and then tweaking.

Is something like this possible with generic flexi or does it require a custom script? Thanks

Hi Jürgen,
is there a roadmap for the Akaï Force in the pipe on linux/bitwig?
I think it would be great if it was possible to use it
Thanks
Jimi

afta8 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:49 am Thank you for these extensions moss your efforts are massively appreciated. I wonder if you or anyone else can help, I am trying to work out how to control more than 8 parameters at once without having to page through device parameter pages using the generic flexi, (apologies if this has already come up before, I couldn't find anything on) the use case is as follows...

I have a Cobalt 8 hardware synth, which on the front panel has 27 continuous knobs which all send CC messages
For such a task it is best to write a custom script which should use the new possibility to directly access device parameters.

jean-marc@iniko.info wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:43 am Hi Jürgen,
Thanks
Jimi
Sorry, no. I tried to get a device but no louck so far.

If you are feeling adventurous here is a preview for Push 1/2 and Bitwig 4:

http://www.mossgrabers.de/stuff/DrivenB ... Bitwig.zip

What's new:
https://youtu.be/X5XRjQEQ6pA

Hello,

I'm confused.. I had to rebuild my Windows 10 machine and thus had to reinstall DrivenByMoss to use for my Push2 on Bitwig. but here's what's confusing.. I do NOT see any sign of the manual in the download file?
DrivenByMoss_Zip contents.png
Where is the manual for Push 2? Push2 is not one of the folders under "Resources" .. so where do I find the manual?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DoubleStop wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:09 am Hello,

I'm confused.. I had to rebuild my Windows 10 machine and thus had to reinstall DrivenByMoss to use for my Push2 on Bitwig. but here's what's confusing.. I do NOT see any sign of the manual in the download file?

DrivenByMoss_Zip contents.png

Where is the manual for Push 2? Push2 is not one of the folders under "Resources" .. so where do I find the manual?
Please scroll to the top of this page.

moss wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:08 pm
jean-marc@iniko.info wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:43 am Hi Jürgen,
Thanks
Jimi
Sorry, no. I tried to get a device but no louck so far.
Hello,
maybe a pool/pot like patreon could help.
I setup this one for you Jürgen maybe we can advertise more on this
http://www.leetchi.com/c/akai-force-4-bitwig
Best

Hello,
You can now freely fundraise a pool for Jürgen Moßgraber so that he can buy an AKAÏ Force.
He will be able to create a plugin for bitwig for that device once he receives it.
I am sure he is the man of the situation since no connection is available at this time with various protocols (OSC, Midi...).
The fund raising URL is: https://www.leetchi.com/c/akai-force-4-bitwig.
Feel free to contribute in your range and also spread the word around you (facebook, linkedin,twitter....)
The more we contribute the more the support will be done from Jürgen.
Thanks in advance
Jimi

jean-marc@iniko.info wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:47 am Hello,
You can now freely fundraise a pool for Jürgen Moßgraber so that he can buy an AKAÏ Force.
He will be able to create a plugin for bitwig for that device once he receives it.
I am sure he is the man of the situation since no connection is available at this time with various protocols (OSC, Midi...).
The fund raising URL is: https://www.leetchi.com/c/akai-force-4-bitwig.
Feel free to contribute in your range and also spread the word around you (facebook, linkedin,twitter....)
The more we contribute the more the support will be done from Jürgen.
Thanks in advance
Jimi
That's a good news !! I suggested it somedays before .I will do it now !
Thanks for creating!

afta8 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:49 am Thank you for these extensions moss your efforts are massively appreciated. I wonder if you or anyone else can help, I am trying to work out how to control more than 8 parameters at once without having to page through device parameter pages using the generic flexi, (apologies if this has already come up before, I couldn't find anything on) the use case is as follows...

The controls are grouped into logical sections so I think this would be great to map onto some of my other VST's which have the same set of controls. The issue is that I can only set 8 device parameters, I can't work out how to set a CC to a specific parameter on a specific page.

I have tried to use the CC value setting as an alternative and then use the Midi CC modulators but the issue is that is is relative modulation so all dials have to be set to zero first.. also this is not useful for browsing presets and then tweaking.

Is something like this possible with generic flexi or does it require a custom script? Thanks
For mapping plugins to hardware you are stuck with 8 params afaik (there is scope for it being 9 but very few controllers support 9) but that is per page ('bank') so you can have as many pages of 8 params you need. In practice I find most plugins can be broken up into logical parts anyway (oscs, filters, envs etc) so this helps break down an interface to learn and control it. If you check my sig there is a repository I created of device panels for all the plugins I own and in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=480998&hilit=device

other users have also shared theirs so we have a library of device panels for most plugins already available.

If you want to use all your pots then I suppose you can create templates in it for individual plugins if they support that? (the advantage there would it would be host agnostic)

I was about to put some bucks but i thought about just one thing . Is Moss ok with this ? I mean : Mr moss do you have control of the raising, do you confirm we can contribue on this leetchy account ? thanks .
Another thing . I really want to contribute . I know you say "i don't need money for the work i do" etc... And i find it incredibly generous but me as a user of your work i would really like to contribute . and i can contribute with money , then let people contribute this way if you agree ? thanks for your incredible work !

zengel wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:55 pm I was about to put some bucks but i thought about just one thing . Is Moss ok with this ? I mean : Mr moss do you have control of the raising, do you confirm we can contribue on this leetchy account ? thanks .
Another thing . I really want to contribute . I know you say "i don't need money for the work i do" etc... And i find it incredibly generous but me as a user of your work i would really like to contribute . and i can contribute with money , then let people contribute this way if you agree ? thanks for your incredible work !
Hi,
As I said I raised this initiative on my own since no one was ready to do so. On the other hand as Jürgen Moßgraber said it in a previous post : he has no AKAÏ Force to build the plugin for bitwig, the poolmoney collected will be transferred to him directly in a way or another (cash or akai force bought on amazon).
I think all things are clear now.
Let me know if not.
Best
Jimi

Return to “Controller Scripting”