NI go VST 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:56 pmbut Softube has one framework for all. NI doesn't i believe, or i can be wrong (or some overlap, but also.. o well). perhaps they are consolidating that... one framework means, GUI resizing for one is for all..
Softube only did the DSP, NI's frameworks were used for the UI.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:30 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:56 pmbut Softube has one framework for all. NI doesn't i believe, or i can be wrong (or some overlap, but also.. o well). perhaps they are consolidating that... one framework means, GUI resizing for one is for all..
yes that what was i meant. i meant Softube own products share the same framework, which means, all gets updated (and has also a side-effect, one thing wrong, it goes wrong for every plugin...).
the compressors of NI indeed use only Softube DSP. o well means; quality... but i never had with any NI instrument or FX plugin the feeling, this doesn't sound right, quite the opposite. the GUI is outdated perhaps, but the sound......

so NI has a framework, but not for all plugins, i suspect. but i can be wrong.

NI has several frameworks for products from different eras, which makes things more difficult to maintain. But they're chipping away at it so that everything is under one.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:12 pm NI has several frameworks for products from different eras, which makes things more difficult to maintain. But they're chipping away at it so that everything is under one.
i suspected that already. maintaining will be lot easier. in the meantime, i will enjoy all...

Did they fix their GUI's and make them scalable yet?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:48 pm Did they fix their GUI's?
What does that mean?

Proper scalable UI's.. which work on 4k for example? Looks like update 1.4.0 are for the efx only :neutral:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

No scalable GUIs in this update

pixel85 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:29 pm No scalable GUIs in this update
Ugh, the one thing I was really hoping for, honestly. It just baffles me...Kontakt has a scalable UI, but none of the plugins do. Baffling.

Null_Echo wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:55 pm
Ugh, the one thing I was really hoping for, honestly. It just baffles me...Kontakt has a scalable UI, but none of the plugins do. Baffling.
Kontakt UI isn't scalable. You can resize the window but everything in it stays the same size.

It just sucks that most of the time we can't choose to put VST3's on other drives - if you have a smaller SSD C Drive for your OS, then it's gonna fill up.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:30 pm
EvilDragon, any idea if NI will ever add oversampling as an option to their analog emulation compressors? It's a bit frustrating that they work better in GR, which at least oversamples 2x, than standalone. :scared:

When I saw the vst3 update I had hoped that they bring the plugins also technically to 2021, not only from the plugin format.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:45 pm It just sucks that most of the time we can't choose to put VST3's on other drives - if you have a smaller SSD C Drive for your OS, then it's gonna fill up.
just use a junction to redirect c:\program files\common files\vst3 to a folder on another drive - works fine

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:35 pm
Kontakt UI isn't scalable. You can resize the window but everything in it stays the same size.
Fair, but at least it's better than no resizing options other than hacking the CSS. At least the UI is decent on the Komplete keyboards and Maschine, but, man, they could use some UX people at NI.

Null_Echo wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:46 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:35 pm
Fair, but at least it's better than no resizing options other than hacking the CSS. At least the UI is decent on the Komplete keyboards and Maschine, but, man, they could use some UX people at NI.
The UI of Guitar Rig 6 is pretty nice. Massive X is a disaster. But Super 8 on the other hand is nice.

Return to “Effects”