MUX: Parameter to split values in two

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm making a really cool MUX and am about to share it on MuLib. However, I have a question. It's a bunch of delayed signals, and each delay (in MUX speak, ie not echo) is set to 1/8 beats, so 12, 24, 36, 48, 60, 72, 84.

I'd like to be able to have a switch so that they are suddenly on 16ths (6, 12, 18 and so forth). I don't care about other values, so just these two would be fine. I'm thinking meta-parameters somehow, but have no bright idea about to do it.

I attach an img, to show what I'm doing.

If there is no easy way, I'll just upload two versions (normal and double tempo), but a switch is obviously more elegant. ;)

Thanks!
echo_mux.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Here is, or at least my try to bring a solution
switch.png
Basically turning off the dly bank 1 makes the signal pass through to the output 1 that is connected to the dly bank 2
on this patch the delay in my case is not calibrated, cause is for the sake of the explanation so you get the idea. :wink:

I don't know if i was clear enough.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You could use the parameter value randomizer module to set absolute values
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Thanks FabBad!

Don't think it would work for the design I have in mind.
1) I want all eight delay lines to halve their values using only one switch and
2) they should still lead to the same goal (ie the rack after the delay).

I assume what I have in mind is not possible today. I guess what I'd like is an easy-to-use event-based logic controller, something like this:

Condition
--NameOfSwitch set to 0
Action
--Delay1.DelayTime = 6
--Delay2.DelayTime = 12
--Delay3.DelayTime = 18 etc

Condition
--NameOfSwitch set to 1
Action
--Delay1.DelayTime = 12
--Delay2.DelayTime = 24
--Delay3.DelayTime = 36 etc

In the meantime, I'll just upload two versions. ;)

Thanks!
Go MuLab!

bibz1st wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:12 am You could use the parameter value randomizer module to set absolute values
Thanks!

Not sure it would fulfil the criteria I just posted about. If so, could you please elaborate?

It's a conceptually interesting problem, but it's not very important, I think. :)
Go MuLab!

So, just to explain more clearly, in my screenshot above, at the flip of a switch, I want all the red MUXes (ie delays, not the Audio In/Outs of course!) to have one of their parameters changed at once.
Go MuLab!

I am at work at the moment so dont have access to Mulab but basically you set the randomizers min and max values equal so you get absolute vales. You would need 2 randomizers, one to set the 16ths and one to reset them them back to 8ths, attach note event pads to the randomizers as switches. Hope Ive explained that right and understood what you want, would be two switches rather than one tho, not sure if there's another way right now.

I think this should do the trick.
Cheers, TDM

01b.png
03.png

dreammachine_nl wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:52 pm I think this should do the trick.
Cheers, TDM
Oh, it did! THANKS SO MUCH! :tu: Can't believe you even replicated the setup. :o :party:
Go MuLab!

And simpler than my idea :)

Could you get the two delay times (Delay.Value, Delay.DoubleValue) onto the front panel, even (controls labelled "Off" and "On")?

pljones wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:22 am Could you get the two delay times (Delay.Value, Delay.DoubleValue) onto the front panel, even (controls labelled "Off" and "On")?
I guess that's approximately what I did. ;) So there's a process button saying 2X TEMPO (bottom right).

Note that the actual plugin is in a separate thread. It's really simple, I know, but I like how I am now 100% in charge of delays (rather than echoes). Someone might recall Kate Bush's The Ninth Wave. On one of the songs (intro to Waking the Witch), she uses two delayed signals (rather than echoes). Now I can play it! :tu:

:phones:
Go MuLab!

What I meant was whether you could get a control that let you adjust the base delay - from 6 to 7 or 8 or ... - without having to edit every pair of delays... but I'm pushing the effect beyond what was wanted (i.e. out of musical notation).

pljones wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 pm What I meant was whether you could get a control that let you adjust the base delay - from 6 to 7 or 8 or ... - without having to edit every pair of delays... but I'm pushing the effect beyond what was wanted (i.e. out of musical notation).
Oh, interesting! I assume this is done via meta parameters then? In any case, this sounds more like the scripting functionality I mentioned. But you're completely right: I want the plugin to stay musical (well, according to common Western pop conventions). I try to make all my plugins as musical as possible, and the Echoist follows that theme.
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”