Are you talking to your daw?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't talk to my daw.
I do however shout and fulminate against online chess programs/

lpr wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:48 am Nope. FL Studio is rock solid. Never upset with it.
yet you never say thank you :o

Yeah I say things like: "Relax, I know you are having a bad day, but I won't tell anyone. Promised."

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:45 pm i talk dirty to mine.
not seen the missus for a whil with the lockdowns, and it felt wrong practicing on the cat.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
vurt wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:47 pm tbf, it started it, showing me knobs all the time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Personally, as far as I am aware of it, I almost don't talk at all during music-making... except when I am f**king up while recording, I may say "f**k" or "shit" or sometimes even "f**k f**k f**k"

edit: now I remember - I sometimes say "f**k fuckarafuck" (with a strong German accent) - that somehow relieves me... :oops:
Last edited by jens on Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

When I'm tired but have to meet a deadline, I start talking to myself, imagining I'm making a tutorial video. Works every time.

jens wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 am Personally, as far as I am aware of it, I almost don't talk at all during music-making... except when I am f**king up while recording, I may say "f**k" or "shit" or sometimes even "f**k f**k f**k"

edit: now I remember - I sometimes say "f**k fuckarafuck" (with a strong German accent) - that somehow relieves me... :oops:
Only happens because you have to be nice to your DAW.

at this point I'm screaming at the [Steinberg] coders who made decisions like putting a record enable button in Key Editor which has to be on to record in that editor or even hear notes played from a controller, when before it was all of it record-enabled all the time. So any change of focus, in the editor or to go anywhere else has a high probability of breaking up the audio engine. And certain things happening from MIDI stop happening now, playback has lost the plot.
Ya can't edit any but the part showing in record enabled (and turning that off or on breaks the audio engine as well), recording or not, defeating 'half of' the purpose of having solo edit in KE. It was somebody that has never used the things they had such an impact on, lacking the first clue. Whether it was just change to have something to do or some cockamamie feature request or some idiot abstraction here is an idiot and an asshole (instead of reflecting, is there a good reason for this not being there, vs the "reason" you want it in there when it's already enabled by default, NO, they're the very picture of the Dunning-Kruger Effect, their unexamined and stupid notion RULES, OK) creating a ruinous end user experience.

used to be - this is versions SX 1 through Cubase 8.5 iirc - to record you just hit record {in Key Editor, all parts ready by design}. And setting the transport to external sync means ready to record but paused, so one could audition the instrument in the part before committing to record. just hit playback, just as in tape recording. Oh, no, it's time to implement some new bullshit and replace this useful old stuff. Probably pandering to the market other DAWs enjoy, like this double-click deletes notes shite today; in favor of projected new customers over people using it for ten, twenty years. Their culture has gone way wrong. I can't trust them to update in future this is so bad to my view.
Last edited by jancivil on Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sometimes I just want to be left alone. Then I let Jesus talk to my DAW.

wha-tha-hell?

jens wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:26 am sometimes even "f**k f**k f**k"
Exactly my words! With Danish accent tho. I also have some variations implying the s-word like shitfuck, fuckshit, fuckshitfuck, but the expression above is the most widely used.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

my girlfriend's mother would cuss all meta, ie., critique on cussing: 'shit f**k piss shit f**k piss shit f**k piss'

I was texting with my DAW until it ghosted me :(
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I extrapolate to IT in general with "stupid (lying) IT c**ts"

"What does this knob do?"

"I know you're able to automate this, but how?"

"Where are you hiding that button?"

"You're more complicated than my wife!"

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”