A New Reason Rack Design Concept

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRist
337 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:49 pm

I had an idea on their new combinator.
Instead of the Combinator being a container only, all the option for it to also serve as the mix track that now has a ton of programmable modes.
Would clean up the rack view instead of having like random effect Combinator that sit below the mix track.

Is an idea.

KVRer
7 posts since 5 Feb, 2021

Post Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:14 pm

The browser in reason rack looks weird to me. Would love to select patches from the device's menu. Currently it's only possible to select patches within a group, like if you selected pads for Thor, then click on path's name in Thor and there will be a dropdown to change the patch, but it's not possible to switch to Leads for instance.

KVRAF
4275 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Post Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:38 pm

THE INTRANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:20 pm
I thought it would be interesting to resurrect this thread now that Reason 12 is on the horizon.

I see some similarity with the combinator preview shots they showed... See I do have a vision.. :-D
If I draw a square window with an X in the top right corner, that doesn't mean Windows 11 has copied my design.
From Russia with love
Our online jams (if you speak Russian - you're welcome to join!)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

1978 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:45 pm

Burillo wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:38 pm
THE INTRANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:20 pm
I thought it would be interesting to resurrect this thread now that Reason 12 is on the horizon.

I see some similarity with the combinator preview shots they showed... See I do have a vision.. :-D
If I draw a square window with an X in the top right corner, that doesn't mean Windows 11 has copied my design.
No, but I think I posted the concept on Propellerheads FB page back in May 2019.. :clown:
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source Transcend Into Software - Hardware - Music - 2D & 3D Art - Film - Games - VST's - Ensembles - GUI Design - Science & Technology | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

KVRAF
4275 posts since 15 Nov, 2006 from Hell

Post Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:56 am

you missed the point, but whatever. i can see it's pointless to try and get through your feeling of self importance :D
From Russia with love
Our online jams (if you speak Russian - you're welcome to join!)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”