Fabfilter announce TIMELESS 3 !!!!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relativity for Timeless 3 Timeless 3

Not especially about Timeless3, but the guys from Fabfilter recently did an interview for a Dutch broadcaster, pretty interesting read. It's in Dutch tho :
https://3voor12.vpro.nl/artikelen/overz ... rview.html
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:56 pm Not especially about Timeless3, but the guys from Fabfilter recently did an interview for a Dutch broadcaster, pretty interesting read. It's in Dutch tho :
Bedankt voor de tip. Erg interessant.

dionenoid wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:56 pm Not especially about Timeless3, but the guys from Fabfilter recently did an interview for a Dutch broadcaster, pretty interesting read. It's in Dutch tho :
Great share, thanks. Those are pretty amazing guys.

thank you
intresting interview

I’ve been trying to use this and... it’s easily the hardest delay to use that I own. Fabfilter is known for their interfaces, but this is just not great at all. Even the previous version was easier to use.

It has some great sounds in it, but I’m giving it a solid C+

Disagree. I jumped on it because it is friggin easy to use. I disliked v2 for being too confusing. This one can be easy and mighty at the same time. And I already build some nice reverbs with it XD

Yeah the original feedback knobs were terrible and i could never memorize which offset is which timing, this makes more sense imo.

Processing orchestral cello (VSL) with a custom preset in Timeless 3, tweaking the installed Macros on the fly.

https://youtu.be/159FBP8DaO0

great demo, I can see I would really use this.

dangayle wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:34 am I’ve been trying to use this and... it’s easily the hardest delay to use that I own. Fabfilter is known for their interfaces, but this is just not great at all. Even the previous version was easier to use.

It has some great sounds in it, but I’m giving it a solid C+
This one definitely has some usability issues. Sounds good. Sadly harder to use than it should be.

Plugin with that level of complexity can’t be three knob delay. I don’t feel it’s hard to use after I figured out how it operates. It’s a very well coded and versatile delay/reverb tool so you need to actually use it to get used for it. And, it doesn’t take much time actually...

Dombaeb wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 am Plugin with that level of complexity can’t be three knob delay. I don’t feel it’s hard to use after I figured out how it operates. It’s a very well coded and versatile delay/reverb tool so you need to actually use it to get used for it. And, it doesn’t take much time actually...
^^^ This

Dombaeb wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 am Plugin with that level of complexity can’t be three knob delay. I don’t feel it’s hard to use after I figured out how it operates. It’s a very well coded and versatile delay/reverb tool so you need to actually use it to get used for it. And, it doesn’t take much time actually...
More complex often means a bit more fiddly behaviour, but in this case i'm also in the “bad design / bad decisions“ camp as it's predecessor shows, because it was (at least IMO) way less click heavy and relying on keyboard commands than this one does. And this is not even because of the added features, but because they thought it was cool to remove dedicated control knobs and dots and for whatever reason found it more intuitive to use CTRL+mouse drag more intuitive than just a simple mouse drag for the panning, etc.

It's still of course a good delay, but controls it has been butchered and not as quick to work with for no good reason and not because of added features
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Well I have bought the update and I'm using it already way more than v2, which I have found to be more cluttered. For me a clear improvement in handling, feedback and sound.
I also used for having control over creating early reflections on a reverb bus.

I understand. We are always facing with "not ideal" designs. As the interface designer myself, I immediately see how it was possible to do better what I have already done. And I use this knowledge on the next project and then it repeats again :hihi:

Timeless 3 is definitely a big step further to actually useful and powerful delay plugin. I physically couldn't use Timeless 2 because it was really badly designed. Timeless 3 is another story, I quickly got used to it and can use it with pleasure, it already costs a lot.

So, I'm in "Not perfect, but very good" camp :)
FapFilter wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:24 pm
More complex often means a bit more fiddly behaviour, but in this case i'm also in the “bad design / bad decisions“ camp as it's predecessor shows, because it was (at least IMO) way less click heavy and relying on keyboard commands than this one does. And this is not even because of the added features, but because they thought it was cool to remove dedicated control knobs and dots and for whatever reason found it more intuitive to use CTRL+mouse drag more intuitive than just a simple mouse drag for the panning, etc.

It's still of course a good delay, but controls it has been butchered and not as quick to work with for no good reason and not because of added features

Return to “Effects”