New Dreadbox 'Typhon' analog + Sinevibes DSP FX + sequencer for 350E

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks really nice!

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon/

> Analog Circuit including 2 Classic Dreadbox Oscillators, a 4-pole Low Pass Filter, and Multiple Analog VCAs
> 2 Envelope Generators for the Filter and the Amp
> 3 Modulators with 4 Different Modes
(LFO, EG, Random, Parameter Step Sequencer)
and Multiple Active Targets
> All analog parts feature a dedicated direct control on the left front panel.
> With the sliders, buttons, and encoder on the right side of the front panel you can control the Amp and the Filter envelopes, the sequencer, the modulators, and the stereo effects, in order to create and save your desired sounds
> 12 DSP stereo effects (32bit @96kHz) developed by Sinevibes, including Distortion, Bit crusher, Chorus, Ensemble,Flanger, Delay and Reverb
> 32 Note Sequencer that can be used to sequence notes in the traditional way or used as a modulation source
> 254 preset memory, with import/export support
> External audio input that can turn this box into the ultimate effects unit
> Portable, Powered via USB with full MIDI and CC Implementation
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Sounds good, too, in the videos.

This would’ve been a great Roland Boutique to go alongside the SE-02, but that line seems.... stagnant.

Yes, I think it sounds great....and it has audio so you can use it as an fx box...(not sure if it goes through the filter)

Also interested to see more on the step sequencer as it has probability etc.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

apparently the "ultimate" fx unit :o

thats some claim even if it is pretty cool.

The more I learn about the Typhon, the more I want it. The price is awesome for what the said synth has to offer.

Some real solid youtube videos showing what the typhon can do, from these past couple weeks.
Pre-ordered mine, even though i wasn't in the market for a new hardware synth.

It's just got exactly the kind of combination of features to pique my interest.
Funky sequencer, solid FX, lots of memories, and a great yet versatile core sound.

We just gotta lobby Dreadbox to make an option for those mod sequencers to trigger from midi start, and not (only) retrigger with each note trigger. I want that polyrhythmic modulation, even on busy note sequences, damnit! :party:

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

some forthcoming feature updates from the FB Group , direct from Yiannis
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3618924671457910/

"Around the end of september- early October, with the help of Sinevibes and our exceptional programming team we will add the following updates:
1. Midi over usb
2. More effects and updates on the current ones
3. Sequencer updates to 64 steps
4. New modulator mode FM.(hopefully)
5. Full cc implementation
6. Lfo bpm sync
7. Midi clock send/receive

also,
digital high pass filter (looking into)
a target group of mod level will be added.
Midi program change too.
audio via usb will probably be achieved, but we need time. Hard sync is not in the plans for now."

adamjay wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:35 pm some forthcoming feature updates from the FB Group , direct from Yiannis

"Around the end of september- early October, with the help of Sinevibes and our exceptional programming team we will add the following updates:
1. Midi over usb
6. Lfo bpm sync

also,
Midi program change too.
audio via usb will probably be achieved, but we need time. Hard sync is not in the plans for now."
Sooo... October 2021 now? It's been over a year LOL!!! :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Omglolbbqcovid19lol

EnochLight wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:33 am
adamjay wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:35 pm some forthcoming feature updates from the FB Group , direct from Yiannis

1. Midi over usb
6. Lfo bpm sync

also,
Midi program change too.
Sooo... October 2021 now? It's been over a year LOL!!! :lol:
They did manage a new paint job

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/typhon-ltd-edition/

adamjay wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:55 am Omglolbbqcovid19lol
Covid? Lmao - nope. The work that Sinevibes does is remote anyway.
SLiC wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:24 am They did manage a new paint job

Exactly. Just curious why these alleged updates teased a year ago are still nowhere to be found. :(
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I prefer the new paintjob (doesn't seem to be available yet). Will wait for the updates before buying tho' ...

EnochLight wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:02 pm
adamjay wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:55 am Omglolbbqcovid19lol
Covid? Lmao - nope. The work that Sinevibes does is remote anyway.
SLiC wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:24 am They did manage a new paint job

Exactly. Just curious why these alleged updates teased a year ago are still nowhere to be found. :(
I was mocking you because a majority of the update features quoted have already happened over the last couple firmware updates that were several months ago.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”