Challenge - who has the most (paid) and actively used DAWs ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:03 pm When I was younger I would go out and hook up with someone, than leave her as soon as I seduce her enough to put out and starts asking for it, than would move on to next one and so on, that was my thing, think I just once had sex outside of relationship, but other than that, all of that was just making out and seducing without no intentions of going anywhere further.

Think plenty of people here have same music making mindset, it's really not about finishing, just endless seduction and making out, keeping things interesting and bailing as soon it starts developing further, than come back to it from ground zero.
I think this is not true. As I mentioned before in this topic, I actively use 4 DAWs. I have finished more than 1000 tracks in the last 8 years. I just like to play with different tools. I was very upset at first because I want to be "productive" which means working in one DAW for many people, but not for me. And then I have accepted my curiosity for music production software and have never been more productive.

Does it fit all? Definitely not! It fits me and I am grateful to have such an opportunity.

Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:18 pm I think this is not true.
Why, because I said that for everyone on this forum without exclusion? Maybe read and think again about what I actually said and who I actually addressed. :tu: *it wasn't you*

Gonna milk my analogy further, there's also plenty of people who have relationships, but go out and have sex with strangers, few of them for the night even, some even manage few relationships to everyone’s satisfaction. :)

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:30 pm
Why, because I said that for everyone on this forum without exclusion? Maybe read and think again about what I actually said and who I actually addressed. :tu: *it wasn't you*

Gonna milk my analogy further, there's also plenty of people who have relationships, but go out and have sex with strangers, few of them for the night even, so...
Ok, I will rephrase.
I think that amount producers with this issue is overestimated.

Your analogy is not well suited for this discussion, because cheating is bad, using more than one DAW is normal.

In some cultures having more than one wife is allowed, so my analogy stands, not everyone is in the same mindset about relationships and mutual life, many don’t fall in traditional way of doing things, also I never stated how much plenty really is, it can be more than few, which is enough taking in account active users of this forum, so that would still hold plenty of truth, so again I think you have nothing there to prove wrong, except yourself, but hey, don't know why you felt called out in first place and started defending your case, lol this place sometimes :)

pixel85 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:52 am
antic604 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 am
pixel85 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:47 amOnly Cubase for me. My wife has Ableton, which means that I also have it, but I barely use it.
How did you come to that conclusion? Do you own your wife? :roll:

:D
I don't know what you mean at all. I don't own anyone, also what conclusion? It's just a statement of fact.
It was supposed to be a joke. Carry on.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:02 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:52 am
antic604 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 am
pixel85 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:47 amOnly Cubase for me. My wife has Ableton, which means that I also have it, but I barely use it.
How did you come to that conclusion? Do you own your wife? :roll:

:D
I don't know what you mean at all. I don't own anyone, also what conclusion? It's just a statement of fact.
It was supposed to be a joke. Carry on.
The :roll: was misleading ;)

Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:43 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:30 pm

Gonna milk my analogy further, there's also plenty of people who have relationships, but go out and have sex with strangers, few of them for the night even, so...
Ok, I will rephrase.
I think that amount producers with this issue is overestimated.

Your analogy is not well suited for this discussion, because cheating is bad, using more than one DAW is normal.
But what if somebody is in love with DAW or even better... DAW is in love with the user? Then using another DAW is cheating!
eLicenser can be even considered as a wedding ring :hihi:

Hahahahaha

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:56 pm In some cultures having more than one wife is allowed, so my analogy stands, not everyone is in the same mindset about relationships and mutual life, many don’t fall in traditional way of doing things, also I never stated how much plenty really is, it can be more than few, which is enough taking in account active users of this forum, so that would still hold plenty of truth, so again I think you have nothing there to prove wrong, except yourself, but hey, don't know why you felt called out in first place and started defending your case, lol this place sometimes :)
Who says anything against multiple wives or other cultural behavior?
You are clearly said, about CHEATING. And cheating is bad if you have one or two or more wives.

So, as I said, not a very good analogy.

I like how quickly this topic went from DAWs to wives and cheating :D

Serhii Kot wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:28 pm Who says anything against multiple wives or other cultural behavior?
You are clearly said, about CHEATING. And cheating is bad if you have one or two or more wives.

So, as I said, not a very good analogy.
Analogy about relationships is not any worst than car ones people use all the time, so tell me, you have multiple DAW partners listed there, is there main one or all of them are equal?

It's perfectly normal for people to have multiple wives/DAW's, it's not unheard that people cheat their DAW's, it's not unheard that people don't get married and just use other people/DAW's for enjoyment, c'mon, it's awesome analogy. :) You even agreed to EULA and in some cases get a dongle/ring for it :hihi:

Look, some people even talk to their wives
viewtopic.php?t=566521

using a daw, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman, you tweak for hours, caressing the curves and it's so amazing it feels like it's lasting forever, then you look at the time code and you've managed 6 seconds :cry:

none...

Passing Bye wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 pmIt's perfectly normal for people to have multiple wives/DAW's
Some guys are proud to have a handful of wives/DAW's... the thing is though, that those wives/DAW's have many thousands of husbands! :hihi:

Well - I used to have a number of DAW's namely:

Sonar from Cakewalk (Now Cakewalk by BandLab)
Project 5
FL Studio
Cubase
Reason
Ableton Live
Bitwig

Over time I sold my licenses for Reason and Ableton Live. Project 5 was abandoned long ago by Cakewalk (I still think that was a uttermost stupid decision by them). I was not fully "on board" with the way MIDI was handled in Sonar, although I liked the way clips where handled. Scoring was really bad in Sonar, and all the stuff combined made me abandoning Sonar and use only Cubase (there are more reasons I switched to Cubase, but I leave it at that). And that leaves me with Bitwig, Cubase and FL Studio.

I never got really comfortable with FL Studio, so at the end I just stopped using it. That happened more than a year ago. The license if "for life", so I technically still own it. In practice, however, I never use it and probably will never use it again.

So in practice I only use two DAW's: Cubase and Bitwig. And admittedly I use the last one the most. So - In the end I will not win any "most use" price for the number of DAW's, although I used to have a higher number in the past.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”