Challenge - who has the most (paid) and actively used DAWs ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wouldn't be me. Reason only. Everything else is so...two dimensional...I cannot even tell the different DAWs apart per look.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:16 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:52 pmIt's perfectly normal for people to have multiple wives/DAW's
Some guys are proud to have a handful of wives/DAW's... the thing is though, that those wives/DAW's have many thousands of husbands! :hihi:
Yeah, that's the real issue :lol: Than there's trophy wives, with new upgrades, face lifts and other improvements, but dunno, some of them have plenty of old code. :lol: Like opening Logic's environment, it's like seeing neck of an older lady that undergone all those face lifting operations. :lol:

OK, I'll play.

Studio One 5 - My main DAW as I record a lot more audio than midi and it seems to just work (and has Melodyne in it). Before lock down I was recording a couple of local bands (one had been signed) making demos and mixing etc.

Live 11 suite - I seem to have just always have had Live for fun and experimentation, I also have PUSH2 and often just use Live like an instrument/groove box recording little stems or loops.

Bitwig - I bought this thinking I would sell Live, but I didn't...It's a great DAW, I still think of it as 'new' but its been around seven years...maybe that why I have started using Live more again ;-)

Reason - Just bought this in the no brainer sale (£130 with 12 free) to get the 'Rack' now its scalable and hires...but I have been really surprised how good the DAW functionality is- decent audio/midi editing, great mixer, good comping, melodyne like pitch correction...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

vurt wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:55 pm using a daw, is very much like making love to a beautiful woman, you tweak for hours, caressing the curves and it's so amazing it feels like it's lasting forever, then you look at the time code and you've managed 6 seconds :cry:
Cubase got curves just recently (9.5). FL had curves for almost forever (from version 3 or 4 I don't remember). Maybe this is why FL is popular?

I heard FL is popular among men because she is easy going and let them have fun even if they don't know what they are doing or have much skills, something about her piano roll get them all worked up and give them confidence.

FL is a dancer
It's a soul's companion
You can feel it everywhere
Lift your hands and voices
Free your mind and join us
You can feel it in the air

...errmh...I'll pass, thanks.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

I have FL because of the lifetime update thing. These days I just treat her like an instrument plugin and tweak her knobs
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

I use Cakewalk as my main DAW. Reason 11 Suite mainly for the Rack Plugin. I got MPC2 (got for very cheap, like $12). Ableton 10 Lite for free. Bitwig 3 8-track for free. So Reason 11 is really the only one I paid a lot for. The rest (excluding Cakewalk) are there just incase. :P

Since I got the latest MPC2 with 9 expansions included and can even use it as a plugin similar to FL Studio I may or may not use it....for fun. :P
As for Ableton and Bitwig. They are really only there for testing purposes, like seeing if a vst works differently there compared to Cakewalk.

Who has the most (paid) and actively used DAWs ?

The Pope I think. :-D

https://grahamcluley.com/dance-of-the-pope-virus-hoax/
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I have a lot of paid DAWs, most of the well-known ones, actually. I won’t name them all here because it’s irrelevant, but I used to very productive in terms of completing songs with multiple DAWs, collaborations with others, etc. These days, I primarily only use Logic and have trouble starting, letting alone finishing anything. It has absolutely nothing to do with my DAW(s) and everything to do with finding the time, inspiration, energy, focus, will, etc.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Do you own more than one pair of shoes? Since you can only wear one pair at a time it's a waste of money to buy a second pair right?

Or do you own shoes for hiking, for running, for dress, for casual comfort and so on since they're all designed to better perform a certain task? Sure you could wear a pair of hiking shoes with your tuxedo or a pair of dress shoes to run ten miles but why?

Different DAWs have different workflows that might make them better suited for different kinds of music.

For my guitar based stuff I use Cakewalk (I was a paying customer up to Sonar X3 so it counts here). For my synth based stuff I use FL Studio. To me they are both better suited for their respective tasks.

I own two other paid for DAWs but only use them for beta testing plugins these days. But they still serve a purpose.

As for GAS and spending too much money, as long as it makes you happy and your bills are getting paid I wouldn't sweat it.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pixel85 wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:35 pm I like how quickly this topic went from DAWs to wives and cheating :D
Not me. Kinda gross (imo of course).

Earlier i posted that i use 2 DAWs. One is more for virtual noise making (ableton live) and one is for tracking, mixing, sampling, editing, ect (reaper).
Eventually i might try out Bitwig, it looks like it is really good for “sound design” stuff. However, I like to get deep into patching and programming with synths but i don’t think i use half of what either of these two i have can do.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:52 am Do you own more than one pair of shoes?
nope.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:52 am Or do you own shoes for hiking, for running, for dress, for casual comfort and so on since they're all designed to better perform a certain task? Sure you could wear a pair of hiking shoes with your tuxedo or a pair of dress shoes to run ten miles but why?
Ohhh you naughty boy :hihi:

So synths are like shades of colors and DAW's are like shoes. Teksonik 2021

So, someone who is acquiring lot of DAW's is Karen from Sex&City. :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”