Is Omnisphere 2 still worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:40 am ghetto - damn I can't help myself. What IS that post exactly? Is it the "hey, we've had a lot of differences of opinion, but we can all rally round a shot of a sexy woman" thing? Is it just conceivably some misplaced "humour" referring to some of Omni's filters even?

I know I'll be branded a killjoy for mentioning it, but this 1970s men's club thing is kinda pathetic.
:clap:
Thank you for speaking out - shit like that wont ever change if people just pretend it's not there.
Might be branded as killjoy by some, but you just gained a handful of extra points as far as i'm concerned

Here you go, the juicy club that's just for you...

Ah thanks ghetto, that clarifies you're being a dick for everyone. Phew, glad I didn't get the wrong end of the stick.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Everyone has a reason for using a plugin, and that's fine, if people would have been the same maybe there would have been only a single plugin developer who made the best one and there was no need for something else.

Anyway, Omnisphere is one of the better plugins, and I think its price is also contributing to its appeal, as people usually place higher value on things which cost more.

dfraze wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:37 pm ... its price is also contributing to its appeal, as people usually place higher value on things which cost more.
:lol:
First, even Omni knows it's not omni without adding at least two more of their products to it.
Second, the price is the most asked question about it in threads (including this one.) And as I said, adding those two other products make it even more questionable.
Third, "you wanna buy a Hunter Biden painting?". ;)

It's a good synth, interesting sample libraries of both standard and out of the ordinary libraries.

Far from being a desert island synth for me though.

BBFG# wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:02 pm
dfraze wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:37 pm ... its price is also contributing to its appeal, as people usually place higher value on things which cost more.

They should probably double the price. That would dramatically increase profits while keeping only the true believers as customers. They could then completely ditch their resale policy because nobody would ever want to sell it. That would further reduce their support costs and give people one less thing (slow response to resale requests) to complain about. I believe that's what they call a win/win!

There's an old adage in sales, if it doesn't sell, raise the price.

Most people wish they had an Audi or Mercedes and not a Chevrolet

That's what I was trying to say, comparing Omnisphere with a Mercedes, based on its price compared with other cheaper plugins

VST3 !!!!!!!!!!!! :tu: Only found out today, 10 days later.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Omnisphere has good sounds but the browser patch switching gets very very slow in larger projects. Which makes it almost useless for me
Macbook M1 Max 32GB Ram Cubase 12

ghettosynth wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:07 pm
BBFG# wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:02 pm

They should probably double the price. That would dramatically increase profits while keeping only the true believers as customers. They could then completely ditch their resale policy because nobody would ever want to sell it. That would further reduce their support costs and give people one less thing (slow response to resale requests) to complain about. I believe that's what they call a win/win!

There's an old adage in sales, if it doesn't sell, raise the price.
bruh......$960? thats too funny. They should hire you to run their company. People seem to forget this is just a glorified sampler with lots of bells and whistles....It sure isn't worth double the money.

I'm always surprised how few people seem to realize the depth of it's synthesis capabilities and simply scoff it off as a glorified sample player. It's actually quite a deep synthesizer that just happens to have tons of sample material included.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:37 pm I'm always surprised how few people seem to realize the depth of it's synthesis capabilities and simply scoff it off as a glorified sample player. It's actually quite a deep synthesizer that just happens to have tons of sample material included.
marketing i guess.

also, workflow

bmanic wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:37 pm I'm always surprised how few people seem to realize the depth of it's synthesis capabilities and simply scoff it off as a glorified sample player. It's actually quite a deep synthesizer that just happens to have tons of sample material included.
Much has to do with the final outcome of these synth sounds sounding "canned". Heavy-handed more than powerful, with an almost formed sound... Like a chicken nugget compared to a tender. Good for layering, but lacking something on its own.

Many of these threads often state that while it can do it, the users prefer something they feel does a better job at it. And quite often by its most devoted cult members.

Omnisphere needs a Linux version already.

TS-12 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:47 pm Omnisphere has good sounds but the browser patch switching gets very very slow in larger projects. Which makes it almost useless for me
This. It's so sluggish, from opening each instance to browsing, I rarely use it nowerdays.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Instruments”