Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

Markus Krause wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:10 pm
mabian wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:06 pm
Markus Krause wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:29 pm The click is only audible with certain sounds and if you set the the number of voices to 1.
Please note that a completely click-free behavior is not always possible under all conditions with a synth with only one voice. You need to do tricks like using 2 voices and quickly fading out the first one (most other Tone2 synths do this).
I will check out if it is possible to enhance the behavior of the HCM-engine and 1-voice in the next update. The update will be available for free. I still don't know when it will be released, since other products currently have priority.

Workaround: Increase the number of voices.
Are you saying all "mono" synths have inherent and unavoidable clicking? I'm not so sure I can agree...

- Mario
Classic 'mono synth' have a static waveform like a saw or a square. They are not able to morph waveforms like Warlock
I see. I understood you were referring to *any* synth with one voice only.

- Mario

I reworked and remixed my trial demo with my registered version of Warlock.
Some vocoder and vocals were added with ICARUS 2 as well.

WARLOCK TONE2 - DEMO by CEA - New version with full version - ARCHIVE.ORG
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=562743&p=8064206#p8064206
or https://bit.ly/3xs44N3
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

Pretty cool like a Firebird on steroids?
Like a reset preset would be nice though, Other than that its pretty cool
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

I have the full version of Warlock (purchased when it was released).

I have just purchased Saurus 3 and thought I would check for Warlock updates while I was downloading it but didn't find any.

I am running version Warlock 1.0 RC4 - can anyone (Markus?) confirm that is the latest version?

Thanks

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks @Vortifex

street spirit wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:48 am Pretty cool like a Firebird on steroids?
Like a reset preset would be nice though, Other than that its pretty cool
Along with many all new sounds, Warlock includes 6 factory banks from the original Firebird, as well as carries forward the HCM synthesis that gave Firebird it's unique sound. So It's a no-brainer if you liked Firebird (32-bit only). :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

ZincT wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:58 am I have the full version of Warlock (purchased when it was released).

I have just purchased Saurus 3
Same here on both counts! The Warlock patches also play well in PluginGuru Unify in the unified patch version!

Maybe we'll see a unified version of Saurus 3 soon? :)

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:52 pm
ZincT wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:58 am I have the full version of Warlock (purchased when it was released).

Same here on both counts! The Warlock patches also play well in PluginGuru Unify in the unified patch version!

Yes, I did the Unifying for Warlock so I'm also thinking I should do the same for Saurus (I use an automated system to make it quicker to do).

ZincT wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:09 pm
zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:52 pm

Yes, I did the Unifying for Warlock so I'm also thinking I should do the same for Saurus (I use an automated system to make it quicker to do).
Great idea!

I have seen you on the Unify Forum, but didn't realize that Warlock unified was your work.

Nice job, and thanks! :tu:

zzz00m wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:25 pm Great idea!

I have seen you on the Unify Forum, but didn't realize that Warlock unified was your work.

Nice job, and thanks! :tu:
Thanks! Yes I was able to Unify a lot of synths in a fairly short period but somehow I only discovered Tone2 when Warlock was released. I would actually like to own and Unify all of the Tone2 synths one day. I have a few of the demos and they are all top notch. I have my eye on Electra2 next, once my funds have recovered a bit from the holiday season :wink:

Although I love making my own patches and have done quite a few for Warlock I'm finding the Random button to be a whole lot of fun. It has yielded some great sounds.... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:31 pm Although I love making my own patches and have done quite a few for Warlock I'm finding the Random button to be a whole lot of fun. It has yielded some great sounds.... :tu:
But that Random button could be an issue for those with OCD tendencies. Might want to save them all, LOL! :D

There's no "back" button that I can find...

ZincT wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:03 pm
Thanks! Yes I was able to Unify a lot of synths in a fairly short period but somehow I only discovered Tone2 when Warlock was released. I would actually like to own and Unify all of the Tone2 synths one day. I have a few of the demos and they are all top notch. I have my eye on Electra2 next, once my funds have recovered a bit from the holiday season :wink:
I took a chance on Saurus 3, based on the quality of Warlock. The Tone2 synths are high quality, but have always been priced a bit higher than I want to spend on a soft synth. But that Electra does look interesting!

So for now, I will be happy to have these 2 less expensive Tone2 synths to play with. And Saurus 3 is a beast. Big and fat and wild, and very easy to tweak the sound from the main panel! It's nearly the most perfect VA I have used so far!

ZincT wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:58 am I am running version Warlock 1.0 RC4 - can anyone (Markus?) confirm that is the latest version?
This is the latest version.
Updates can be downloaded here:
https://www.tone2.com/download.html

Return to “Instruments”