UnitedPlugins releases Electrum Beta ... Any Thoughts?

Official support for: unitedplugins.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This plugin was just released as a beta at an incredible price. I will test it within the course of the week. Looks tempting…

However, I have MGuitarArchitect, Kuassa and some other stuff already and really should skip offers like this.

What do you think?

What a coincidence. But once you realize it's the same code and guys in the backround, it doesn't matter anymore.

HSum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:01 pm What a coincidence. But once you realize it's the same code and guys in the backround, it doesn't matter anymore.
That was my first thought, too. However, good and fast workflow can be an advantage, so I will demo it anyway. Target audience may be different, and perhaps I will be surprised.

Who is behind it then?

GaryG wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 pm Who is behind it then?
Melda folks. And 3 other companies.

https://unitedplugins.com/about

ralfrobert wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:38 pm

I'm not quite so sure the backend development has much of anything to do with each other.

Yes, they all use the wonderful license system Melda developed, but I'm not exaclty under the impression that these products are developed by Melda.

It is a bit unclear who actually developed the plugin under this brand.

78deluxe wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:33 pm Yes, they all use the wonderful license system Melda developed, but I'm not exaclty under the impression that these products are developed by Melda.
They have clarified to use more than just that. I remember some machine learning things, the plugin format adapters, they have access to the whole melda framework iirc which you can see in pop up windows as well as the "goodies" features listed on their website. And coincidently they release products similar to certain MXXX presets or melda products which is why it was speculated they're just MXXX with a better gui. Besides that peeps from UP also do work for melda (I think JMG clarified that). Anyways I'm settled with guitar products :lol:

I'm tempted just for a poly tuner at that price to be honest.

GaryG wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:57 pm I'm tempted just for a poly tuner at that price to be honest.
And this thing looks like it can save me time. Let me please know what you think if you test it. I will not be able to do so until Friday.

HSum wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:49 pm
78deluxe wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:33 pm Yes, they all use the wonderful license system Melda developed, but I'm not exaclty under the impression that these products are developed by Melda.
They have clarified to use more than just that. I remember some machine learning things, the plugin format adapters, they have access to the whole melda framework iirc which you can see in pop up windows as well as the "goodies" features listed on their website. And coincidently they release products similar to certain MXXX presets or melda products which is why it was speculated they're just MXXX with a better gui. Besides that peeps from UP also do work for melda (I think JMG clarified that). Anyways I'm settled with guitar products :lol:
Yeah, the format seems obvious. I'm wondering more on the code of the sound and what not.

If Melda is involved in this one, certainly an interesting choice given the forthcoming Guitar Amp products and beating that system to the market.

I was just scrolling through the presets in the demo, and for some reason loading the Walk Like a Duck preset gives me a huge amount of latency (16480 samples shown in Reaper):

None of the other presets go beyond 192 samples. This is using a Motu M2 interface set to 96kHz/64 samples, on a Ryzen 3700X with 16GB of RAM running Windows 10.

that's like saying JUCE guys are behind half the plugins on the market.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I really like this plugin, totally recommend it. Workflow/features/sound/cost relation is insane.

Burillo wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:43 pm

that's like saying JUCE guys are behind half the plugins on the market.
I think this is a bit different. First, it is about one single product, which is clearly connected to Melda. Melda license management is one thing; in this special case, there could be far more overlap, as the current beta contains MGuitarArchitect which is a toolbox for roughly the same use case. I think it is not too far-fetched to think this could be similar DSP code with two interfaces / workflows to please different target markets / audiences.

It is cheap at the moment, right, but I think it is better to master one product than to own many. So I am a little reluctant.

Hopefully the Melda connection is just on the DRM and business end. I don't see how any programmer
worth his salt, could have read the origin story of his codebase and not raised an eyebrow or two at that. I haven't tried any of these, though I'm sure they are perfectly fine. :tu:

Return to “United Plugins”