Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

Is it possible to trigger different sequences/fills from sequencer via MIDI? as in, map out a "song" in advance, and then just have a set of patterns that get switched while the track plays. think something halfway between jam session (i.e. coming up with patterns on the spot) and a pre-arranged live performance (i.e. having a pre-made song structure) - so, the structure is pre-arranged, but the patterns/drum kit used in that structure are made on the spot right before the track starts. having something like that that would be awesome!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

MattAlgonaut wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:24 am
dusted william wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:34 pm I have a bunch of midi drum loops on my hardrive. Can I point to that folder in Atlas2?
Atlas doesn't support MIDI files in its own browser yet, you have to drag-drop on the sequencer from your OS. The thing with MIDI drum loops is a lot of them do things differently. (eg. different root notes, sometimes General MIDI sometimes not) It's quite a job to get everything to work.

I definitely want to support all of these so everyone has tonnes of stuff for the sequencer. I'll just be tackling that piece by piece after this initial launch.

If anyone has drum MIDI files that don't drag-drop into Atlas correctly, contact me via website/email and I'll see what needs to be done. Once that's all working well I'll enable the bulk importer.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding but I remember in Atlas 1 I had a list of MIDI files in its browser including ones input there from my collection. It was really handy. Does 2 not do this? I’m in the middle of a house move so haven’t had a chance to check Atlas 2.

I'm not on the machine now either but the way I see it:
You can have the midi you save/copy to the Atlas defined content folder; but not place a separate location there.

WRONG!
What you save goes into
<YourChoice>\AlgonautContent\Internal\Exported
and though refresh will show the folder you copy into the user area - the contents will not be visible/accessible :dog:
Last edited by NTO on Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry if it has already been asked, but is there anything like XO's search feature in Atlas 2, which is the single greatest thing about that plugin? Being able to search for 808 etc is fantastic.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Feature/problem solution:
For Settings > Output > Midi output > Send muted notes option
(need to turn those off when using sequencer and developing groove as DAW recording)

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:41 pm XO has a really cool velocity feature, where the sample plays back from a later point at lower velocities and the user can adjust it. IT'S SO COOL. You can get convincing ghost notes from a single one shot sample. It is mention-how-cool-it-is-again cool.
I hope its okay to ask this here but how do you do that? If I enable ratcheting in the sequencer the folloing notes seem to have the same velocity.

danielh02 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:06 pm This is a lot of fun coupled with Sugar Bytes Drum Computer...

I noticed that some sequences load with tied notes, is there a way to tie/lengthen notes when editing in the step sequencer?
Turns out Midi mapping was very easy. Thanks for this tip! I love the sequencer in Drum Computer, this is alot of fun!!

gExpectations wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:58 pm
Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:41 pm XO has a really cool velocity feature, where the sample plays back from a later point at lower velocities and the user can adjust it. IT'S SO COOL. You can get convincing ghost notes from a single one shot sample. It is mention-how-cool-it-is-again cool.
I hope its okay to ask this here but how do you do that? If I enable ratcheting in the sequencer the folloing notes seem to have the same velocity.
I'll answer here because it pertains to how I use both programs. I don't use the internal sequencer in either. I mostly create drum parts in EZ Drummer 2, then drag the midi into my DAW (Studio One) and then use Atlas or XO to play them back. This gives me some feel that I might not be able to program and some sounds that I love putting together.

To do the thing you asked specifically about XO, you have to be playing midi with some dynamics already in it. (Atlas 2 will help you create this much more easily than XO ;)). Then XO has a velocity control to the right of each drum and you crank it up (to the right) until you notice some variety in the hits for that drum.

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it away from this thread about the very deserving Atlas 2. :)
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

noiseboyuk wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:40 pm Sorry if it has already been asked, but is there anything like XO's search feature in Atlas 2, which is the single greatest thing about that plugin? Being able to search for 808 etc is fantastic.
Not yet but this is definitely coming. It didn't quite get finished in time for the 2.0 release but will come soon in a free update.

@MattAlgonaut I divided my Samples directory into sub-folders to make multiple maps because Atlas was crashing out trying to ingest the whole library. This works well because I can lock a drum voice and then move to another map to complete the kit.

However, Atlas crashed (my fault) and what surprised me is that I lost the previous 3 maps I had completed when I reloaded the application. This is in standalone. I am surprised it doesn't immediately save each map after they are complete. Do we have to do that manually?

What’s the sample length limit?

GusGranite wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:34 pm However, Atlas crashed (my fault) and what surprised me is that I lost the previous 3 maps I had completed when I reloaded the application. This is in standalone. I am surprised it doesn't immediately save each map after they are complete. Do we have to do that manually?
The content database likely didn't get a chance to save before the crash. If you open the Browser next to the Home button is a Refresh button. Press this to resync everything to what's on disk, I'm sure your maps will appear after that. (I've made a dev note to save the database after each map create)

FYI everyone, this tool is super handy when trying to create customized directories out of your samples without making twenty copies of them;
https://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshe ... nsion.html
ImageImageImageImage

Is there a manual? Couldnt find it.

I want to know how i can trigger midi in the sequencer longer the 1/16, lets say 1/4 or shorter then the 1/32, for example 1/64 (i hope someone can understand what i mean, lol).

Thanks for the help.

Constantly having to open and close the velocity lanes in the sequencer is why I won't buy it. Perhaps in an update have the ability to have as many lanes open at once. Might seem trivial for some, but velocity is everything with drums. Gotta be a fast and easy workflow for me.

Everything else is near perfect. Please dev, consider my request ;)

Return to “Instruments”