Custom Controller Banking over 8 channels PLEASE help!

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, first of all I want to thank the people who have contributed to this forum, so much great work has been done! My question is I have a custom dj controller with 8 channels for fx sends, eq I add a plugin and map the hi, mid, low to each knob on the channel, volume fader etc. I am using the flexi mapping technique. How can I program or assign a way to bank over in sets of 8 and it switches all my channel volume , send, and plugin mappings to each channel? I know in Ableton there is a red box highlighting each bank of 8. I need a way to bank over in sets of 8 in Bitwig and all the channels would correspond to what the channel has on it in this case 2 plugins for eqing. I hope this makes sense. I will provide picture to show what I am talking about. I am using DrivenByMoss, but I am open to using another method too. Please let me know what I need to do in detail, thank you so much guys! :help: :pray:
bitwig banking over.jpg
Macbook Pro M1 11.4 OS
Bitwig Beta 4
DrivenByMoss Bitwig extension Generic Flexi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin

www.myspace.com/kevinalvesakagift

Baroque, Blackhole, Lost Language, Solaris

Bestport artist: Gift

Anyone?
Kevin

If I got this right, you have the same FX on each track and want to control the same parameters on each. This is possible if you group them in a layer and assign the parameters on a page on the top level.

Ok thank you. I have used the generic flexi mapping, but I cant figure out how to bank over 8 channels and the parameters would pickup on each channel bank so tracks 9-16 would also have the same plugin fx in a layer and the parameters would pickup. How would I do this? What is the selected slot function I use for banking over? Thank you Moss!
Kevin

giftmusic wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:03 am Ok thank you. I have used the generic flexi mapping, but I cant figure out how to bank over 8 channels and the parameters would pickup on each channel bank so tracks 9-16 would also have the same plugin fx in a layer and the parameters would pickup. How would I do this? What is the selected slot function I use for banking over? Thank you Moss!
If you mean that you want to control the plugin of 8 channels at the same time, that is not possible with Generic Flexi. You can only control the plugin of the selected channel.

Ok what about having a way to recording a clip on the fly? I want to be able to select the channel (I mapped this already) then after I press a button on my controller it will record a clip on the selected channel. I tried mapping this with selected slot function "clip record" and it doesnt seem to work. Any thoughts on how to get this feature? Thank you!
Kevin

I posted above a possible solution.

viewtopic.php?f=268&t=568569

Found a way.

1. Change from ancient api level 1 to 14.
2. call the track method to create a new clip and record.

Return to “Controller Scripting”