Voxengo Colour Schemes Repository..

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
212 posts since 30 Sep, 2002

Post Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:09 pm

Just found this via the email from Voxengo. Very nice collection of colour schemes. I might try out one or two of these. I‘m a fan of customization.

The Voxengo GUIs have evolved nicely imho, and so have the GUIs of other plugin vendors. My favorite recent gui development is Fabfilters v3 of its delay plugin, Timeless.

I do wonder what improvements could be made to Voxengo plugins. I can only make suggestions for the plugins I use, but those will usually be from the perspective of a long-time user. A new user might feel very differently about it.

But first I‘m trying out some colours schemes :).
Will mix for fun

User avatar
KVRAF
3573 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:21 pm

airon wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:09 pm
I do wonder what improvements could be made to Voxengo plugins. I can only make suggestions for the plugins I use, but those will usually be from the perspective of a long-time user. A new user might feel very differently about it.
Along those lines, I wonder if new users would benefit from a preset repository?

KVRer
1 posts since 16 Feb, 2021

Post Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:14 pm

Could you please tell me how to apply this to the plugins?

KVRAF
4086 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:03 am

Rickskii wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:16 am
I love the GUIs they remind me of the meters on my ghetto blaster from my breakdancing days. My only minor gripe is the preset management (and that is not all of them). Would love just to be able to cycle presets easily…..unless I am missing a way to do that?
Arrows at the top.
They're default on "CRTIV" style plugins (with new knobs), and you need to enable "show preset selector" in settings on classic style plugins
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

KVRAF
4086 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:39 am

re: a lot of people touting ToneBooster in this thread, i decided to demo it again.
- it's low FPS (30 or so), compared to voxengo, fab (and a lot of other plugs) it looks stuttery, doesn't seem to be a way of changing it.
Interfaces look cool but still feel like less thought went into UX than Voxengo or Fab.
Image

KVRer
14 posts since 4 Oct, 2010

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:39 am

Sinisterbr wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:50 am
I don't like the default (Grey) Voxengo's GUI, but the Black one is truly a beauty to behold. I don't see any need for Voxengo to change its GUI and interface. It's one of the best around.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :) Black theme is too dark and unnecessary colorful for me.

The "I" in GUI is for interface.

KVRer
14 posts since 4 Oct, 2010

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:54 am

Ploki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:39 am
re: a lot of people touting ToneBooster in this thread, i decided to demo it again.
- it's low FPS (30 or so), compared to voxengo, fab (and a lot of other plugs) it looks stuttery, doesn't seem to be a way of changing it.
Interfaces look cool but still feel like less thought went into UX than Voxengo or Fab.
Just compared all my TB plugins with Voxengo's @60FPS and I can't notice any difference. In fact, modulating filters in TB EQ produces graphical response so smooth that isn't even close to 30FPS. Honestly, I've been using them on daily basis for few years (version 4) and never had a stuttery feel with them.

KVRAF
4086 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:26 am

J1000 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:54 am


Just compared all my TB plugins with Voxengo's @60FPS and I can't notice any difference. In fact, modulating filters in TB EQ produces graphical response so smooth that isn't even close to 30FPS. Honestly, I've been using them on daily basis for few years (version 4) and never had a stuttery feel with them.
weird, it's very obviously less FPS here, both M1 and Intel version.
Image

User avatar
KVRAF
3708 posts since 7 Sep, 2002

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 am

Maybe tell ToneBooster's developer to enable "asynchronous drawing", if he didn't already. It's a pretty much undocumented Apple information I didn't knew for years.
Image

KVRist
205 posts since 30 Jan, 2015

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:21 am

Ploki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:03 am
Rickskii wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:16 am
I love the GUIs they remind me of the meters on my ghetto blaster from my breakdancing days. My only minor gripe is the preset management (and that is not all of them). Would love just to be able to cycle presets easily…..unless I am missing a way to do that?
Arrows at the top.
They're default on "CRTIV" style plugins (with new knobs), and you need to enable "show preset selector" in settings on classic style plugins
Thank you so much, i genuinely didn't know about this. You rock.

KVRAF
4086 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:51 am

Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 am
Maybe tell ToneBooster's developer to enable "asynchronous drawing", if he didn't already. It's a pretty much undocumented Apple information I didn't knew for years.
I think it used to be broken before catalina
Image

User avatar
KVRAF
3708 posts since 7 Sep, 2002

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:01 am

Ploki wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:51 am
Aleksey Vaneev wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:46 am
Maybe tell ToneBooster's developer to enable "asynchronous drawing", if he didn't already. It's a pretty much undocumented Apple information I didn't knew for years.
I think it used to be broken before catalina
Yes, probably 2 versions before catalina I started to receive "lagging" comments without understanding how to solve this.
Image

KVRer
1 posts since 9 Feb, 2021 from Denver

Post Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:19 pm

Looks terrific

KVRer
3 posts since 11 Oct, 2015

Post Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:04 am

This is my very rough (have only tested it with the few Voxengo plugins I own) skin that I tried to make look as "modern" as possible. I think there's a severe lack of good looking light skins and I hope this contributes nicely :)
Clean White.zip
Bitwig_Studio_C8qOzJbWuQ.png

It's used in conjunction with the following Global settings:
Density Mode On
Min Infrastructure On
Flat Panels On
Textures Off
Spotlight Off
Shadows On
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF
4086 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sat Jun 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Looks very nice! Downloaded
You can "hard-code" textures and spotlight to "off" into a theme by reducing "Panel Texture" and "Spotlight color" opacity to 0
Image

Return to “Effects”