two souls

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The herky-jerky drums make this a little unsettling. The rest of it is very accessible.

An interesting listen. Nice job. :tu:

Frantz wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:09 am The herky-jerky drums make this a little unsettling. The rest of it is very accessible.

An interesting listen. Nice job. :tu:
thanks frantz for listening. because everything was so accessible i thought: there have to be some "unnormal" drums. maybe a simpler beat would be better (but i wasn't able to do it - wrong mindset in that moment :) )
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Nice song, this one is perfect for a voice on top. Did you thought on lyrics and singin for this song?
My music project "Strange Adventures in Void" :arrow:
https://soundcloud.com/savoid

sambombe wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:50 am Nice song, this one is perfect for a voice on top. Did you thought on lyrics and singin for this song?
hi sambombe, thanks for your time and listening. singing? me? - ah no :lol: - although i had singing training (45mins per week during my study - but classical...), i sing only if it is necessary. but i thought it too - imagined billie eilish whispering some weird lyrics to my track 8)
myself in 2022

You're definitely going for that retro synth vibe at the moment! :)

Shades of early 1970s quirky Vangelis here for me (and I should know - studied the dude to excess)! :)

DC offset - nope!

I think the extreme rise and fall of the wav file simply comes from the ebb and flow of that dry bassline with it's short, sharp notes... Probably made even more noticeable visually as a lot of other synth sounds are also quite staccato and also quite dry...

Doesn't matter at all as it sounds good! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:22 pm You're definitely going for that retro synth vibe at the moment!
hi mark, thanks for listening. yeah, it turned out that way. after playing around with the spitfire bbc library (discovery) so much a few weeks ago, i needed a change. vurt, suggested Moondog to me - afterwards several marimba pieces were created (I also posted 2; if you have time: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=565927) but at some point it got on my nerves, the possibilities and sounds are then quite limited. but hey, it was free... :)
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”