E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.10 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRian
726 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Literally just post a patch. Arguing with words is pointless.

KVRAF
3432 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:10 pm

For synth basses I still like Sylenth1 the most. It has a lot of Moog DNA 8)

KVRAF
15805 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:30 pm

briefcasemanx wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:08 pm
I literally just posted a patch name that everyone who owns DUNE 3 should have and that you can try out right now. :dog:

Post an Invader patch you think DUNE 3 can't make since arguing with words is pointless. :shrug:

Remember it was these words that started it all....
steb_osc wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:03 am
It just struck me how big the Invader sound is. You can’t get the same sound out of Dune 3, for example.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRian
726 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:57 pm

Teksonik wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:30 pm
briefcasemanx wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:08 pm
I literally just posted a patch name that everyone who owns DUNE 3 should have and that you can try out right now. :dog:

Post an Invader patch you think DUNE 3 can't make since arguing with words is pointless. :shrug:

Remember it was these words that started it all....
steb_osc wrote:
It just struck me how big the Invader sound is. You can’t get the same sound out of Dune 3, for example.
Can't try it out if I'm not at my DAW. Anyone who doesn't own Dune 3 can't either. If you can't recreate the vibe of the simple Invader patch that was posted though, I get it, but you probably shouldn't be telling other posters it's their fault they can't recreate it, if you can't either. I'm guessing more words will be shared and zero sounds will be shared, hope I'm wrong.

If you CAN recreate it, I'm very interested though!

I don't have invader installed yet (although I bought it!). I'm not the one making the claim that Invader definitively does stuff Dune 3 can't, I just said I haven't personally been able to get there. I'm not making a definitive claim, you are, therefore the onus is on you for proof, not me.

KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:36 pm

briefcasemanx wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:57 pm
Can't try it out if I'm not at my DAW. Anyone who doesn't own Dune 3 can't either. I don't have invader installed yet (although I bought it!).
So you're not at your DAW and don't even have Invader installed ? :dog:

You asked for a patch and I gave you one that is in the factory banks so now you want audio.
briefcasemanx wrote:
If you can't recreate the vibe of the simple Invader patch that was posted though, I get it, but you probably shouldn't be telling other posters it's their fault they can't recreate it, if you can't either. I'm guessing more words will be shared and zero sounds will be shared, hope I'm wrong.
How could anyone NOT recreate a simple Moog patch on a synth that has Moog style Filters and top notch Oscillators ?

Five minutes of work.....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LuF5On ... sp=sharing
briefcasemanx wrote:
I'm not making a definitive claim, you are, therefore the onus is on you for proof, not me.
It's not up to me to prove anything. When someone makes a statement like:
steb_osc wrote:
The burden of proof lies with them although you can't prove a negative. He made the statement that no one can get those type of sounds from DUNE 3 and I called BS. But then I actually own both synths and do have access to my DAW so...... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRAF
4692 posts since 25 Dec, 2004

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:37 pm

e-crooner wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:10 pm
I actually compared Sylenth1 to my DSI Tempest a couple of years ago, when i was trying to drag my live sets away from relying on too much hardware. I could get it sounding the same, every time. And I'm a fussy c**t. So Sylenth ended up as my live bass synth, in one project at least. not to hijack the thread with talk about another synth :P

KVRAF

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:48 pm

Yes it's not really fair to compare Invader to bigger synths. As I said I like Invader 2 a lot. It's designed to be a simple, great sounding synth and it succeeds.

I'm interested to see where it goes in the future. I prefer more complex synths so more of everything would be fine with me.

GRRRRRRR!
12356 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:24 pm

I like it just the way it is. It has plenty of features for any kind of timbre I would ever want to use. (Note that I said "use", not "make", because a synth patch is just an intermediate step within a larger process, not the end of the process.) Adding any more to it might broaden it's desirablity and expand it's market potential but I doubt it would make it any better. I'd prefer to see the effort go into making something else that might be just as good in a different segment of the market, rather than simply bloating a wonderful synth with extra features until it's just like everything else.
EnGee wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:48 pm
For me, Invader is comparable with Diva (sound and character). Dune 3 is for sounds that is lighter.
That's hilarious. DUNE will destroy your speakers and bring your house tumbling down around you if you can be bothered to use it for such purposes. The heavier, harder and more aggressive it needs to be, the more DUNE comes into its own.
Anyway, as I'm mainly using Bitwig in Linux/Mac M1 now and neither Dune 3 or Invader has Linux or native M1 VSTi version, I'm using Diva and Hive more now. I hope the developer would consider a Linux port ;)
A perfect example of the stupidity of choosing your OS first. Complete and utter stupidity. I switched to a 64 bit host when there were 64 bit only plugins that were worth using. Sticking with an OS when it has such clear disadvantages makes no sense.

Anyhoo, I've been testing Invader against Phuturetone's GR-8, which is quite similar in many ways. Initially I was mostly interested in comparing their CPU usage but once I got going, it turned into more. GR-8 is, in fact, g-r-eat but it does use a lot more CPU. It's made in SynthEdit, though, so the opportunities for making it more efficient are understandably less. But in terms of sound quality they are both brilliant. best of all, they are an absolute joy to work with. It is so easy to make great sounds in just a few minutes.

Add in Krotos Concept 2, which I bought on the weekend, and it's been a really good month or so for new VSTi. Of course, I didn't really need any new plugins but when the quality is so high and the outlay so low, you'd be crazy not to. I reckon I could make a whole album with just these three synths and some drums, although I might need JP6K for some of the basslines. And maybe Union, too, just for the hell of it.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10, UR44C | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, VG Carbon | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

KVRAF
7441 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from Auckland, NZ

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:47 pm

I would be stupid if I buy "anything" to be able to run Windows 11!

There are many fine synths out there support my "stupid" choice! So, I will support those and sell everything else. Everything is going well with Linux (my work, my music and even my games!). I might even sell my Air MacBook 😉

@BONES: Take my advice and work on your communication skills!
Mostly: Cubase 11 Pro, Bitwig Studio 4, RP Explorer 6, NI K12, Arturia VC7 + SQ80 V, Keylab 49 MK ii, MODX 6, KK M32 and ATOM

GRRRRRRR!

Post Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:30 pm

Yes you would be stupid, because Windows 11 won't be out for months. Mind you, if it runs on Windows 11, it will run on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 and Windows Vista, and probably on Windows XP, Windows 2000 and maybe even Windows NT4, too. That's the beauty of buying things for Windows - they will work on whichever version you care to use, it's not something you have to think about.

There are a tiny subset of "fine synths" that run on your stupid OS choices and an even smaller subset of worthwhile plugin hosts. If you can make Linux work for you, then I can only assume you don't use your computer for much. And, for the record, I was using Linux while you were probably still shitting nappies. It is not something with which I am unfamiliar, just something I moved on from a long time ago.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10, UR44C | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, VG Carbon | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

KVRAF
7441 posts since 7 Oct, 2005 from Auckland, NZ

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:51 am

Shut up BONES! You are unfamiliar with Linux or even OS X (or now OS 11). Those are based on Unix (that you were using back in the 60's, remember?!). Your talk is coming from someone ignorant. You are still living in the 90's!

Yes, Linux was not ready (and still for some tasks is not ready), but for my needs, I'm glad now that it comes that far and there are at least two DAWs installed in my system (Bitwig and Reaper). Both are working great really. u-he and TAL synths work wonderfully here, let alone Vital, Surge and Odin2.

Developers are free to support any OS they like, but I have deep respect for those who support Linux and I will support them first :)
Mostly: Cubase 11 Pro, Bitwig Studio 4, RP Explorer 6, NI K12, Arturia VC7 + SQ80 V, Keylab 49 MK ii, MODX 6, KK M32 and ATOM

KVRAF
1694 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:45 am

EnGee wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:51 am
Shut up BONES! You are unfamiliar with Linux or even OS X (or now OS 11). Those are based on Unix (that you were using back in the 60's, remember?!). Your talk is coming from someone ignorant. You are still living in the 90's!

Yes, Linux was not ready (and still for some tasks is not ready), but for my needs, I'm glad now that it comes that far and there are at least two DAWs installed in my system (Bitwig and Reaper). Both are working great really. u-he and TAL synths work wonderfully here, let alone Vital, Surge and Odin2.

Developers are free to support any OS they like, but I have deep respect for those who support Linux and I will support them first :)
I gave Linux a good run out a few months back. I even managed to install it to a USB SSD drive and got it to boot when plugged in. I also bought a new Intel Mac Mini last year and used that for a few months as well before selling it. Now I am back to my windows machine. All good fun ! :)

GRRRRRRR!

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:22 am

I used to have an Ubuntu system on a DVD-ROM. It was handy sometimes for product demos but not something I'd want to use on a regular basis. Not quite up to the standard of a proper dual-boot system and I didn't particularly like the way Debian distros work, having only really used RPM based distros previously (mostly Red Hat/Fedora and a bit of Caldera and SUSE).
EnGee wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:51 am
Shut up BONES! You are unfamiliar with Linux or even OS X (or now OS 11).
And you would know, would you? I last used Linux commercially in 2010 or so, not that long ago, really. And I was working 8 hours a day on macOS less than 18 months ago, whilst surrounded by colleagues still on macOS until the start of this year.
... there are at least two DAWs installed in my system (Bitwig and Reaper).
"At least"? Are you worried there might be other ones hiding on your drive somewhere, waiting to pounce?
Both are working great really. u-he and TAL synths work wonderfully here, let alone Vital, Surge and Odin2.
Wow! Two hosts and a bunch synths I wouldn't take if they were giving them away. It kind of makes my point for me - not one thing I would actually choose to use, which means it doesn't matter in the slightest how good Linux is (or isn't), there is no reason to even consider it.

KVRAF

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:56 am

sqigls wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:37 pm
e-crooner wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:10 pm
I actually compared Sylenth1 to my DSI Tempest a couple of years ago, when i was trying to drag my live sets away from relying on too much hardware. I could get it sounding the same, every time. And I'm a fussy c**t. So Sylenth ended up as my live bass synth, in one project at least. not to hijack the thread with talk about another synth :P
Just looked it up, wasn't Tempest a drum computer? In what way did you compare it to Sylenth1?! 8) Sure, you can make drum sounds on Sylenth1, pretty good ones for a normal synth actually, but still, probably far inferior to Tempest.

KVRAF

Post Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:00 am

In theory I could easily do with Bitwig alone as it is a very good DAW and already includes a good synth. But it is too expensive for my needs.

But for people who like to use a lot of different and more specialized stuff, Linux is probably still too limited.

Return to “Instruments”