RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Not giving credit to the original artists :clap:
Another intrancer vanity thread
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

vurt wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:52 pm
AnX wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:18 am I dont think paying someone for slightly changing another person's work is appropriate, do you?
i heard a million remixers cry out, then they were suddenly silenced.
well, you generally get asked to do it, and paid (tho many ppl do it illegally when they release them)

MuzikFreq wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:20 am Once you're ready. Try some crazy modding like this.

I am really digging the space age skin. I love the spacey look of some skins
they are pretty hideous, but they are really the only new skins where everything has changed. Still haven't worked out how he changed the main screen, so props for that and the work in general :clap:

a couple of others have made skins where the layout is the same, but every element is new.... again, a Lot of work...

Here's the latest mod design... slightly different with the hex grill and silver panel, but still modern. A few colour changes.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

MuzikFreq wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:20 am Once you're ready. Try some crazy modding like this.

I've never been a fan of Abletons flat design style...

I don't believe in changing a design completely for the sake of changing a design to the extreme end of the spectrum because one can. Dune 3's design is really as most optimal as one can get that going to the lengths of a complete change seems to be a rather futile exercise with little point in it. You can make dramatic changes to a design without ever having to move things around drastically. In that sense, you keep familiarity and a level of comfort for the user. I reskinned Hive 1.0 and 2.0 completely to the point of not changing the core design, because one can simply end up making things more complicated and possibly falling flat on it face. After 5am now, so need sleep...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

These look great, much slicker than any of the default skins, although it's probably 6 months since I looked at DUNE. It's just a shame you can't actually do anything about the workflow.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:59 am These look great, much slicker than any of the default skins, although it's probably 6 months since I looked at DUNE. It's just a shame you can't actually do anything about the workflow.
Taking your last comment first... Workflow...what do mean exactly ? Confusion of how the layers work ?

On the modded versions, thanks, in many ways though, I've just re-sculpted and fused the existing designs (the white and newest version they included) together so much of the work has been done already, although having to re-adapt new knob positions and move things around from script to script was still required. Mikael Eidenberg and Marcin Leżak worked on the graphics for Dune 3, so I was puzzled why they only added just one new GUI to the mix when they could have added several variations. It is quite laborious in trying to accommodate for different resolutions though because everything needs to be rescaled with a new script but it's probably easier once the first master GUI is done.

This is how the latest addition to Dune 3 GUI's look when you buy the program and update it if you have not already, which will give an idea of what's been changed in the re-designs.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:52 pmTaking your last comment first... Workflow...what do mean exactly ? Confusion of how the layers work ?
No confusion, just too many hoops to jump through. Beyond the layers, which makes editing a preset literally 8 times more work than it needs to be, you can only see one osc at a time and too much shit is crammed into the stupid central display. e.g. Why wouldn't you put the sequencer in the long panel across the bottom of the GUI and why is velocity sensitivity there instead of where it makes sense to put it? The original DUNE was bearable but as Rich has crammed more and more shit in there, it has become all but unusable as far as I'm concerned. It's now pretty much the last synth I ever think of using, despite it having the highest sound quality of any VSTi I own.
It is quite laborious in trying to accommodate for different resolutions though because everything needs to be rescaled with a new script but it's probably easier once the first master GUI is done.
Yeah, Rich was keen for me to update the original DUNE 1 GUI for DUNE 3 but I took a look at what it would take and there is no way I could find the time to do it, especially for something I know I won't use myself.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Begun a new GUI development which I intend to change all the elements in which to create a completely new design. This a screenshot of the early stages where I've focused on changing the fonts and re-sculpting the design.

Is there a tutorial on how to make these UI's somewhere? I'm kind of a freak for design too and would like to try it out as well

Edit: don't worry, I just have taken a look into the files, seems like it's all graphics and no code needed for this, I guess naming the parts correctly should be enough for the UI to understand where to put each new graphic

oonabe wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:15 pm Is there a tutorial on how to make these UI's somewhere? I'm kind of a freak for design too and would like to try it out as well

Edit: don't worry, I just have taken a look into the files, seems like it's all graphics and no code needed for this, I guess naming the parts correctly should be enough for the UI to understand where to put each new graphic
There actually is code, or rather more appropriately a script required for the GUI's to work. The script provides more advanced editing such as knob, button positions and control over aspects of the displays so you can't do everything in changing the design by graphical editing alone. Also, creating the graphics is not so simple in all cases... and can be a very long-winded process, whilst requiring the knowledge and skills to do it. In effect, you can do really simple edits of the graphics such as adding a texture or changing colours, but Dune 3 whilst not as complex to edit as other synths such as Hive 2 or Zebra, still takes effort to go figure things out beyond the basics with being able to figure out the scripting side. Each script for each GUI size is unique, knob position and displays are different, whilst graphics need to be rescaled down if they are not already when edited. Not all graphics match the knob positions between different scripts and there are multiple screens you need to check so things are displayed correctly.

These look cool! But more steampunk than cyber I 'd say

Where you can find these? Are these good for the newest version of Dune also?

Bartone wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:12 pm

Where you can find these? Are these good for the newest version of Dune also?
https://killihu.vstskins.com/
and yes, he updated them

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 1:23 am
There actually is code, or rather more appropriately a script required for the GUI's to work. The script provides more advanced editing such as knob, button positions and control over aspects of the displays so you can't do everything in changing the design by graphical editing alone. Also, creating the graphics is not so simple in all cases... and can be a very long-winded process, whilst requiring the knowledge and skills to do it. In effect, you can do really simple edits of the graphics such as adding a texture or changing colours, but Dune 3 whilst not as complex to edit as other synths such as Hive 2 or Zebra, still takes effort to go figure things out beyond the basics with being able to figure out the scripting side. Each script for each GUI size is unique, knob position and displays are different, whilst graphics need to be rescaled down if they are not already when edited. Not all graphics match the knob positions between different scripts and there are multiple screens you need to check so things are displayed correctly.
Short question, did you use vector graphics for your skins or did you work directly with png files?

By the way, I'm using your variation of the 'grey' skin as my default Dune 3 skin now, but the Led screen is not looking dark as in the screenshots you posted but exactly like the original from Synapse, did I miss something or are there different versions of it?

Return to “Instruments”