Cableguys ShaperBox 2 Released | VST 3 + Winter Sale Now On

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Vst3 support would be nice too

SpaceShaper + VST3, that would be :hyper: :hyper:.

aax_news.png

ShaperBox 2 is now compatible with Pro Tools AAX!

The v2.3.2 update also adds a new option via the Main Menu: you can now toggle whether ShaperBox reserves 16 samples of latency for DriveShaper, if you prefer 0 latency when DriveShaper is not in use (as some users requested).

HalfTime also gains AAX compatibility with the new v1.1.2 update, bringing its signature half-speed FX to Pro Tools for the first time.

These are our first AAX plugins, so we're keen to hear your feedback on them!

Download ShaperBox and HalfTime

Existing users, please download the new installers containing VST/AU/AAX formats from your Cableguys User Account.

Or check out the fully-functional, non-expiring demo versions of ShaperBox and HalfTime at cableguys.com.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Got a question regarding Shaperbox 2 FilterShaper. Is there no way to control the filter cutoff by a DAW parameter?
When I'm selecting the filter's cutoff Ableton Live 11.0.5 does not map it.

dermage wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:46 am Got a question regarding Shaperbox 2 FilterShaper. Is there no way to control the filter cutoff by a DAW parameter?
When I'm selecting the filter's cutoff Ableton Live 11.0.5 does not map it.
Indeed. The Cutoff parameter is the average of the points in the LFO curve, so whenever you edit the LFO curve, you are also changing the Cutoff value (try drawing some points and you'll see the value changing). So for example, if you'd have automation armed while editing the LFO curve, you'd inadvertently overwrite your Cutoff automation with semi-random values. Also, some DAWs (eg, Ableton Live) would interpret any change in Cutoff value as the user adjusting the control manually, and automation playback would be disabled.

In short, allowing automation of Cutoff and Resonance as regular VST/AU parameters could unleash chaos.

A workaround is to use the Envelope's Shift slider (which is an automatable parameter) to offset the LFO. This works even with the Envelope's Amount at 0%.

OK, hm, thanks.
in other products they found a way to do this, but a design choice I guess.

dermage wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:05 am OK, hm, thanks.
Yes. This allows us to always show the exact current value within the modulation curve in ShaperBox.

And as said, you can still use the envelope follower's Shift control as a workaround.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:26 am
dermage wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:05 am OK, hm, thanks.
Yes. This allows us to always show the exact current value within the modulation curve in ShaperBox.

And as said, you can still use the envelope follower's Shift control as a workaround.
OK will try that, thanks.

I own a couple of the Shaperbox components (but not the full Shaperbox), and I'm considering upgrading to the full Shaperbox, but so far my problem is whenever I load a preset/make my own in a DAW (including in the Maschine software), even if it's only using the components I own, it resets whenever I close the project and open it back. Is this normal? And does that happen when using the full version of Shaperbox as well?

AugusteBeagle wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:35 am I own a couple of the Shaperbox components (but not the full Shaperbox), and I'm considering upgrading to the full Shaperbox, but so far my problem is whenever I load a preset/make my own in a DAW (including in the Maschine software), even if it's only using the components I own, it resets whenever I close the project and open it back. Is this normal? And does that happen when using the full version of Shaperbox as well?
No, that's certainly not normal. Let's say you own VolumeShaper only, and save your song with DriveShaper and VolumeShaper, then VolumeShaper will keep its settings, and DriveShaper will have its initial settings.

I just rechecked it with the current ShaperBox 2.3.3, and it works as expected. Could you send an email to our support at contact@cableguys.com ? Would be great to find out why it's not working well in your case. Thanks!

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:53 pm
AugusteBeagle wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:35 am I own a couple of the Shaperbox components (but not the full Shaperbox), and I'm considering upgrading to the full Shaperbox, but so far my problem is whenever I load a preset/make my own in a DAW (including in the Maschine software), even if it's only using the components I own, it resets whenever I close the project and open it back. Is this normal? And does that happen when using the full version of Shaperbox as well?
No, that's certainly not normal. Let's say you own VolumeShaper only, and save your song with DriveShaper and VolumeShaper, then VolumeShaper will keep its settings, and DriveShaper will have its initial settings.

I just rechecked it with the current ShaperBox 2.3.3, and it works as expected. Could you send an email to our support at contact@cableguys.com ? Would be great to find out why it's not working well in your case. Thanks!
Does Shaperbox 2 have a shaper for manipulation of Pitch and Formant?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I’m hoping MIDI Shaper gets integrated. Seems like a no-brainer to include.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:53 pm

Thanks for the reply! I just tried reinstalling the plugins, and it looks like it solved the problem. :)

Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

"It's insane" ;)

But I hope it measures up to that at least a bit.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Return to “Effects”