About the next MuLab 9

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone explaine the advantage of using a mult-track-plug-in (MuLab9) within a multitrack-environment (other DAW)?

Please, Jo, give us
a) a tempo-track
b) the possibilty to see two or more parts in the editor at the same time with same zoom- and position-setting without the hassle of tweaking single windows.

nenneb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 am Can anyone explaine the advantage of using a mult-track-plug-in (MuLab9) within a multitrack-environment (other DAW)?
Good question. I understand your doubts.
In short:
Why are there so many different synth and effect plugins?
Because each one has its strengths.
Similar story with DAWs / sequencers.

nenneb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 am Please, Jo, give us
a) a tempo-track
MuLab 8 already has a tempo track.
Right-click the time bar to insert tempi at specific times, and to edit the tempo track.
Right-click the tempo display for a recordable tempo slider.

mutools wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:12 am
nenneb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:22 am Please, Jo, give us
a) a tempo-track
MuLab 8 already has a tempo track.
Right-click the time bar to insert tempi at specific times, and to edit the tempo track.
Right-click the tempo display for a recordable tempo slider.
Thank you for your answer, but believe me, I know about that and use this function frequently. Only: Accelerating/decelerating is not big fun! You have to set tempo-events manually every let's say quarter note for a number of bars, then listen and adapt the values manually again util they fit. And if you then decide to make the whole track faster or slower you have to rework that again event by event.
MuLab is very streamlined and I do love its workflow, but editing tempo is different. Think of adapting music to a given video ...
Why not offer a tempo-track just like any other controller with visible lines and curves? That's what I ask for ...

nenneb wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:21 am And if you then decide to make the whole track faster or slower you have to rework that again event by event.
Note that in the tempo event list editor you can right-click and use the "Change Value 1" function to multiply all tempo values in 1 go.
Why not offer a tempo-track just like any other controller with visible lines and curves? That's what I ask for ...
That's on the wishlist.

Wondering if Mulab 9 will be able to take the place of Unify as a VSTi lets' say in Studio One?
https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/
viewtopic.php?t=535636

A clip launcher is great idea. i like it too, to play live. i hope their is then the feauture add that the clip have trigger modes. trigger at next beat, trigger next half bar or trigger next bar so need not press keys exact in time. the stop of a clip should also be possible to delay until beat or bar end.do you add such features too in MUX with a module ?.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Basically the answer is yes.
More specific details will become available when the public test version is ready.
Note however that it's possible that M9.0 will 'only' feature MuLab plugin and the modular composer, and that the live part matrix will be released later in M9.x.

Any news when it will be released? no pressure, just curious ;)

No date yet. But R&D is progressing well these days and the MuLab 9.0 Plugin version with modular composer is +-90% ready towards a first test version.

Excellent thank you for the update :tu:

mutools wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:10 am No date yet. But R&D is progressing well these days and the MuLab 9.0 Plugin version with modular composer is +-90% ready towards a first test version.
No date yet?!?. How can I set up my countdown clock some I can obsessively watch it? :(

(I think we've all been locked up for far too long. :hihi:)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

mutools wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:10 am the MuLab 9.0 Plugin version with modular composer is +-90% ready towards a first test version.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Will 9.0 be an upgrade for those of us that have purchased MUX? Or do we have to buy it?

Rodulf wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:04 pm Will 9.0 be an upgrade for those of us that have purchased MUX? Or do we have to buy it?
Either way you are supporting a real advocate in the vst / daw world. IMHO the value of Mutools products far out weigh the price. Support good independent developers for the concept alone.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “MUTOOLS”