One Synth Challenge #148: Kuma 508 by beatassist.eu (Jasinski Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hahaha I only just realised we all missed a great opportunity to name a song Hakuma matata!
:band:

zarf wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:14 pm
doctorbob wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:35 pm Not the best OSC synth IMO.
Ha ha doc, I doubt anyone here would argue with that :D
Well, it was challenging.

For a prize I very much would like Liqih's solution for sonic adventures, which is to say: Modelonia, please.

Taron wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:18 pm Thanks, everyone, sometimes I don't quite know what to say. Really had no idea how you'd receive this one, so this makes me extra happy, because I ended up enjoying it, too, and thought I'd be alone on it, hahaha. You're all awesome! :hug:

Congrats master jasinski and the remaining top 5, but also congrats across the board. There were some real pearls, but what disqualified Eauson? Did he miss the voting? :shrug: ... anyway, great stuff! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks BJ and Richard, of course, as always! :tu:

I'll pass my price on, too... enjoy free pickings, Double Tap! ;)
I got half way through voting, I did listen to all the tracks a few times, losing the track of time I guess :)
Oh well, it was a fun time
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:49 am
I got half way through voting, I did listen to all the tracks a few times, losing the track of time I guess :)
Hey Eauson - I was also confused - your name didn't appear - have you changed accounts or something?

zarf wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:18 pm
Eauson wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:49 am
Hey Eauson - I was also confused - your name didn't appear - have you changed accounts or something?
Don’t know
I changed to Nvm on my SC as I seem to use that too much
Track was Kuma 508, so it did show up on the OSC voting page
I could do with a full account change though
A fresh start :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Voted

MusicFanForever wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:00 am Voted
That's a bit late, voting ended on the 15th at midnight ( PST )

Hello! It might seem a little useless to post here nearly two months too late, but maybe someone will read it...

After my participation in OSC 147 I was quite enthusiastic to take part again in the next month, but I found it difficult to create something pleasant with the Kuma 508 synthesizer. It offers a lot of options, especially with FM synthesis, but I didn’t get along very well with it, so I was near to giving up. A few days before the deadline I created some nice effects with the LFO features of Kuma 508 and also had improvised a little chord progression, so I finally had a raw idea and wanted to finish the track on the next day. Unfortunately the settings of the Kuma 508 plugin weren’t automatically saved and after re-opening the project most of the sound effects I had created were gone. So I decided to let go and omit OSC 148.

Now nearly two months later I got back to it and so you can finally hear what might have become my contribution to OSC 148.

https://soundcloud.com/user-167923738/k ... -submitted

I used 8 instances of the Kuma 508 AU plugin in Logic Pro X.
The only effects are compression and reverb on the drums, a limiter on the master bus and the TAL free chorus on the main synths. I know that chorus effects are not allowed in the One Synth Challenge, but since I did not participate with the track, I could use it to make the sound of Kuma a little more pleasant and wider.

Return to “Instruments”