Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

telecharge wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:34 pm
ciochi wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:17 pm I'm after a TO2 upgrade from TO to complete. Do you mean like bestservice?
Yes, that's one example. They just started a promo where you can get up to a 20% discount for signing up for their newsletter.

See: https://www.bestservice.com/deals/subsc ... _3403.html
Well, 30€ on 200 is 15% off, not that great.

Introducing BOOM BAP (VSTi / AU), a revolutionary sampler engine and massive sound library created with authentic hip-hop producers in mind.
That... doesn't sound like it would be very "revolutionary". Am I missing something?

imrae wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:02 pm
Introducing BOOM BAP (VSTi / AU), a revolutionary sampler engine and massive sound library created with authentic hip-hop producers in mind.
That... doesn't sound like it would be very "revolutionary". Am I missing something?
Well, if they had marketed it as a “mediocre rompler made for idiots” it probably wouldn’t be as well-received.

masterhiggins wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:04 am
Well, if they had marketed it as a “mediocre rompler made for idiots” it probably wouldn’t be as well-received.
They can still call it something like "high quality" or "pristine" or something in that ballpark....."revolutionary" simply sounds stupid if it's just another rompler.

I noticed there are a lot of people selling their Ableton Live lately. Is there some (ableton) news I may have missed?? Or is it the new Bitwig making people switch or..?

a ton of newbs who gave up after realising they needed to put a shit-ton of actual time and effort into becoming the next Skrildo? or maybe a ton of people migrated to the enticing "Reaper" we hear so much about...?
or maybe they demoed Cubase and realised that MIDI editing is actually a thing...??

Sindikhate wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 am I noticed there are a lot of people selling their Ableton Live lately. Is there some (ableton) news I may have missed?? Or is it the new Bitwig making people switch or..?
Nothing against Ableton but the new version of Bitwig is amazing and still available for 30% off for the next 35 minutes.

Sindikhate wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:40 am I noticed there are a lot of people selling their Ableton Live lately. Is there some (ableton) news I may have missed?? Or is it the new Bitwig making people switch or..?
Ableton Live 11 is currently included free with Push 2. Kind of expensive, but maybe that's it?

Live 11 is easier to use than Bitwig. Maybe they switched to another DAW after learning the fundamentals of production.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Sound on Sound are now in the plugin reselling business. They have an exclusive discount on PSP InfiniStrip.

https://sosmusictools.com/product/psp-i ... 10e25febe0
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

In all seriousness how good is their hardware emulation? I also “assume” it will suck but I bought Decimort 2 hoping it can emulate the ASR-10 and other hardware samplers but people who own the original hardware say Decimort 2’s emulations sound nothing like them?!

I also can’t find a plug-in that can emulate the ASR-10 sampler tone and others. I’m at the point of trying anything!! *pulls hair out*

P.S. first post in 9 years…. :dog:
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

loveplastic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:11 pm

In all seriousness how good is their hardware emulation? I also “assume” it will suck but I bought Decimort 2 hoping it can emulate the ASR-10 and other hardware samplers but people who own the original hardware say Decimort 2’s emulations sound nothing like them?!

I also can’t find a plug-in that can emulate the ASR-10 sampler tone and others. I’m at the point of trying anything!! *pulls hair out*

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Is 49 EUR for PA Bettermaker EQ232D a good price or is 29 EUR what one should be holding out for really?

v1o wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:55 pm
loveplastic wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:11 pm

If you're looking for the Akai sound you should try Inphonik RX950 or Tal DAC.
Thank you! I am looking at RX950. Will look at Tal DAV. Any accurate ASR-10 plugs??
My setup:

iMac (fall 2009)
3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram
OS Lion

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with various Waves Plugins
Reason 6.0.2
61-key Korg Triton Studio. M-Audio Uno MIDI to USB cable from Triton to iMac.

ciochi wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:22 am
telecharge wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:34 pm
ciochi wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:17 pm I'm after a TO2 upgrade from TO to complete. Do you mean like bestservice?
Yes, that's one example. They just started a promo where you can get up to a 20% discount for signing up for their newsletter.

See: https://www.bestservice.com/deals/subsc ... _3403.html
Well, 30€ on 200 is 15% off, not that great.
Yeah not super, but you get a 10 EUR “BestCoin” bonus with your purchase too it seems, so if you shop there now and then, that could be worth something too.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”