Knobcloud.com - a free vst-marketplace

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Grottengeier wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:31 pm Thank you!
Hello Grottengeier! Today my account on knobcloud.com was banned without any warning!
Can you tell me why this happen? And why there is no response from info@knobcloud.com!?
All my licenses was bought legally and i ready to confirm that my licenses legit with Developer.
I had 3 100% positive feedback from people, so i can't get why?

here is my duplicate selling post about UAD
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=568322&p=8168784#p8168784
the same listing i have on knobcloud.
After that i add melodyne studio 5 to my sell list, and account was banned!

Bad experience, now wasting time trying to understand what's happened, 2 emails was sent no response. Accidentally found this topic and you. Can you help solve this situation?
Love is the only way. :phones:

Knobcloud a free marketing place for SCAMMERS.
Today I received an email from knobloud telling me that the seller of a plugin I purchased about 11 weeks ago is a scammer and I should claim my money back via Paypal.
3 minutes later again an email telling the same case refering to a plugin from another dev I purchased about 5 weeks ago from a different seller!!!
Do not think I paid very low prices, no, dtill. pretty high !
Pretty strange I received these messages at the same time, but refering to two different devs, purchases, sellers and plugins. I am wondering if there isn't a collaboration of Knobcloud and this kind of sellers!? Fact is that Knobcloud gives scamners a place to cheat.
The damage is way bigger than Knobcloud might think, because thes plugins were/are used in projects and also templates including these plugins have been saved.
And there is also the question whether I will get even more messages like this from in future?! What a bad place!
I know about more illegal or strange cases, knobcloud seems to be full of scammers.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND KNOBCLOUD as a place for plugin deals, I used EBAY many years before without any issues!

Najimad wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:34 pm Today I received an email from knobloud telling me that the seller of a plugin I purchased about 11 weeks ago is a scammer and I should claim my money back via Paypal.
3 minutes later again an email telling the same case refering to a plugin from another dev I purchased about 5 weeks ago from a different seller!!!
??? Yer complaining 'cause Knobcloud was informing you of a possible scam?? Have you lost your plugin? How?

No matter where I deal, I stick to PP seller option. Knobcloud or KVR or FB group, all the same to me. So far Knobcloud offers the best visibility and transparency.

Knobcloud did not write it is a possible scam, they wrote user XY is confirmed to be a scammer, that's something completely different! Too many scammers using Knobcloud, I know about way more illegal deals there, because I communicated with other Knobcloud users and also read some ratings there where buyers wrote that they received a cracked version.
As long as buyers are not checked if they really are allowed to sell a certain plugin as the owner, knobcloud is a place for scammers.
Last edited by Najimad on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never used Knobcloud and don't plan on it.

Najimad wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:13 pm Knobcloud did not write it is a possible scam, they wrote user XY is confirmed to be a scammer, that's something completely different! Too many scammers using Knobcloud, I know about way more illegal deals there, because I communicated with other Knobcloud users and also read some ratings there where buyers wrote that they received a cracked version.
As long as buyers are not checked if they really are allowed to sell a certain plugin as the owner, knobcloud is a place for scammers.
I gotcha. But I'm still seeing Knobcloud as actively engaging with previous buyers and encouraging people to check previous transactions. It's way better than telling nothing and letting PP's 6-month dispute/refund period lapse, in case there is indeed an issue with that transaction.

And this is an issue for any flea market... certainly! Scammers are everywhere and we have to stay vigilant and protect ourselves. There's definitely not much Knobcloud can do as a flea market host. Think of craigslist... a specialized craigslist.

Or if you were them, do you have a better idea to verify whether a seller is legitimate or scamming, before the fact?

The only way is that Knobcloud contacts every dev and arranges it. A seller must be checked before, every new item must be checked before!
Maybe it could also be done automatically via some software in future, all you need is user id and serial number to verify.
If knobcloud keeps on doing it the way it is now it kinda supports criminal energy. Not to fight something before it can harm is the same as supporting and there is a proverb
" cling together, swing together"
PP can not be a solution and it could take long time to solve a case and I am pretty sure some cases won't be solved, we talk about scammers, they will claim they have transfered or delivered the item and can even prove it! I do not think PayPal will have lawyers to check the case, it will probably be a never-ending he-said-she-said case
A refund will not solve a way bigger issue.
Imagine you buy a plugin at Knobcloud and you use it in projects and have saved several templates or whatever including this plugin and 12 weeks later you get a message that your plugin is illegal!
For me also Knobcloud is to blame, they give scammers a place and do think pp is some security.
When you buy at knoboud none of your projects are safe, you have to fear every day that something could be wrong.
Welcome to Knobcloud!
Last edited by Najimad on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

do you report the scams you know?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Yes I also reported other scams some weeks ago and was surprised that the buyers that were involved did not report.
Once I saw reviews and every 2 minutes a new review "cracked version, be careful!".
I had contacted the seller before, because he was new and you sometimes can find out by contacting if someone is decent.
A recommendation:
Also do not trust all reviews.
If a seller has 9 good reviews, they all could be fake! The reviews could have be written by friends to make you think seller is trustworthy.
So I would not buy from a seller with less than 20 reviews and would also check the reviews to find out whether the buyers also bought some more items from different sellers!
But my recommendation now is better not to use Knobcloud at all.
I also sold some items and even as seller you are faced with so weird situations.
About 8 times some people bought, but did not pay, did not even reply or I remember someone replied he could not pay now, but maybe in 10 days...
Knobcloud for me has become a bad place with lots of criminal energy, unfortunately

It is even more complicated.
Now imagine a scammer would refund,
but claim back the license.
Some plugins have a license transfer fee,
some license becomes NFR.
Very complicated.
And the question:
Can you transfer a license of a scammer,
wouldn't you also become a scammer!?
A friend of mine is a lawyer and he recommended to send an invoice to Knobcloud with the regular price of the plugin. You bought and registered a plugin license and some weeks later you get to now that it's a license of a scammer. But you have used the plugin for projects!
So Knobcloud is to blame.
Of course everyone will think you won't succeed, but a court will decide.
And if someone offers a place to scammers he has to bear the consequences.
That's a general problem, people think life and business on internet is easy, because via web it's done quickly and more or less anonymous.
In the real world such a place would have to close pretty fast or do you know a real official store where you can buy illegal products?!
Via Knobcloud someone could sell nothing and get money for nothing! Just upload screenshot of a plugin, send a fake license code and then dear buyer have luck and fun with your PayPal protection. That's crazy without a seller's verification!

Najimad wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:37 am The only way is that Knobcloud contacts every dev and arranges it. A seller must be checked before, every new item must be checked before!
like ebay, the multimillion dollar company do?

that would make knobcloud, have to charge fees probably, as they would need staff to do it.

let me know how the invoice thing goes...

Knobcloud intends to charge fees anyway sooner or later afaik.
I wrote 7 weeks ago to Knobcloud that things should change, the answer was, that it's free now and improvements would cost. Well, that means Knobcloud is aware of the fact that it is used by scammers, but does not intend to change something now, so let them scammers do what they want to do, finally they have a good place to do their "business". Not fighting it means supporting it!
It's pretty strange indeed that I never had issues with ebay. Well, lots of sellers sold way more than 100 items there, so the risk is minimalized.
Knobcloud has banned me now, I have deleted all my items there anyway and do not use it anymore, banned because I tell the truth [mod edit: part of sentence removed].
What a coward, it maybe makes him feel strong to be able to ban someone :D
As far as the invoice is concerned I am in contact with other disappointed users, it's more powerful to send more invoices at the same time!

and it seems like your issue is more about the fact they wont listen to you, I suggest you find another place to do your used audio software business, you have had your 2 cents here and probably a good time to move on...:shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hi,

I am not sure who Najimad is, but I have a hunch, because I just banned a guy who said he was going to sue me because he was scammed on knobcloud, and also he was a german, so it is actually a safe bet. He also threatened to destroy my reputation etc.

So what he is saying is that I should background-check every user with the developers. I would actually love to do such a thing, and if there is a developer willing to help me with this, please chime in. The second hand market could easily be made pretty much completely safe if developers would like to cooperate here. I have approached developers like U-He (and others).

I have suggested that Knobcloud could generate the request for transfer email, and it would carry the PayPal-Name of the seller. So U-He could, before making a transfer, check if the PayPal-Name matches the owner-of-license-name. That would make a transfer pretty much bulletproof, because you would have to not only hijack a U-he account but also the corresponding PayPal account, which is highly unlikely.

So Namijad, please make the developers aware of the situation and show me a developer who is willing to do this. So far my attempts at working together with them have not been met with great enthusiasm.

BTW I do send out emails to those who got scammed, which is the reason why Namijad knows that there was a scam in the first place. Namijad is also still in time to exert his PayPal protection, but he wrote to me that he has no time to do this and he will hold me accountable, threatening to go after me with a lawyer. So in order to not be sued for future usage of my site, I decided to exclude him.
Knobcloud.com - marketplace for audio software

You obviously have surrendered to collaborate with devs. But you could also do it without devs by gathering more information about the users and their items. What about sending a pic of license together with identity card and proof of purchase to admin for verification!? Either something generelly makes no sense or one has to find some new ways or ideas and one needs negotiation skills. I read about Steve Jobs that he was faced with people who would reply "that's not possible!?" "Find a way to make it possible!" was his reply and he succeeded quite often with his team. Maybe if you are not able a good team could be, just have to find good people.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”