July Contest: Gossip + Results

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eastern music theme is up for discussion.

I can always decide what to do for a theme, but think it is more fun to involve everyone.

The Results

Music Bird 90
harvon 81
Hellfog 77
The Noodlist 61
mountainmaster 61
Laguna Rising 50
vurt 47
donkey tugger 43
3lu5iv3 40
farlukar 33
beanpole 22

Congratulations all of you.
Last edited by Hellfog on Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok I gently bump

Something eastern could be fun...
I like the idea

We people have talked about the following themes (realized themes removed) since first january 2021!

body parts
celestial exploration
coincidental music
drone
death - despair - hope
eastern music
express emotion of love
entropy
funk
hope
house music
month of march
music theory based
polka
spoken word, scat, vocal hymn, beatbic poem
survival
use any 2 of the following 4 characteristica of music: Rhythm, scale, melody, repetition
toy dolls cover

Now if we think eastern music, I might start looking for a plastic pipe to make a didgeridoo, tibetan bowl and alphorn samples and a suitable mantra...

celestial body drone music from the east?

harvon wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:35 pm We people have talked about the following themes (realized themes removed) since first january 2021!

body parts
celestial exploration
coincidental music
drone
death - despair - hope
eastern music
express emotion of love
entropy
funk
hope
house music
month of march
music theory based
polka
spoken word, scat, vocal hymn, beatbic poem
survival
use any 2 of the following 4 characteristica of music: Rhythm, scale, melody, repetition
toy dolls cover

Now if we think eastern music, I might start looking for a plastic pipe to make a didgeridoo, tibetan bowl and alphorn samples and a suitable mantra...
They will come.

Here's something to inspire you for this month's contest.

https://youtu.be/hurWzo01FpM

Why can’t we do covers? I don’t really feel confident in making original songs too often. And I have a hard time making them as is.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

There is no general rule that forbids covers. Do it!

The June "original" request applied only to June theme productions. For July Hellfog specified following. I think it allows covers:

" Create music from Middle Eastern/Asian countries. But do not make music in western music scale.
Do in either East or some Asian scale or combine different scales. "

Music Bird wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:17 pm Why can’t we do covers? I don’t really feel confident in making original songs too often. And I have a hard time making them as is.
You can do cover, I copy the info text from the last competition. I will change that.

I'm totally without an east atm

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

I'm hoping we are getting some more submissions.

Hellfog wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:02 am I'm hoping we are getting some more submissions.
Hopefully.

I'm working on it

I had to submit something, my Eastern suggestion was used as the criteria. :ud:
Some things are better not said.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

A bit strange this apparent difficulty of producing something eastern.

People fall gradually into producing music in a familiar or typical way, and of a familiar and typical form. And then we say that they have found their style. "Eastern" must require quite a move out of the comfort zone, out of the own style.

I sent something eastern, but it is not that far out of my comfort zone, it is not very eastern.

I suggested Eastern because it would push entrants, my ignorance in Eastern styles is my only grumble.

My first thoughts were, how about using the harmonic minor over a drone and drum beat to try to create something Middle Eastern. In the end I opted for the Far East.

I hope it comes around again, might give us a chance to get acquainted to these styles.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Music Cafe”