Grossbeat/Mrhythmiser but for midi ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a grossbeat/Mrhythmiser for midi?

I'd love to be able to take in incoming midi stream and mangle it in this way but I don't think I've seen something that does this

why-tha-hell yo wanna do dat for?

You maybe didn’t understand the nature of Midi, its event based and not a stream which you could easily chop up. You might get similar effects with a Midi note delay and something which would shorten the notes accordingly - or experiment with an arpeggiator…
For chopped up controller events, just try to modulate those with any MSEG and you would get into that area…
And there is nothing wrong to place MRythmizer behind the synth which is driven by your Midi notes…

reMidi might be of interest - it works on files rather than streams

There's probably something here
Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113

Good luck

Kinh wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:46 am why-tha-hell yo wanna do dat for?
Because I like taking generative midi output and changing the rhythm

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:36 pm You maybe didn’t understand the nature of Midi, its event based and not a stream which you could easily chop up. You might get similar effects with a Midi note delay and something which would shorten the notes accordingly - or experiment with an arpeggiator…
For chopped up controller events, just try to modulate those with any MSEG and you would get into that area…
And there is nothing wrong to place MRythmizer behind the synth which is driven by your Midi notes…
Damn. Didn't think of that.

Thanks for the suggestion of remidi - even if it's on a file it's doable, I'll have a look and see

Chordpotion by Feelyoursound https://feelyoursound.com/chordpotion/
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

For some midi fun I suggest have a look at....
https://www.kvraudio.com/developer/hy-plugins

Loomer architect ,best purchase I ever made
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

there are dozens and dozens of plugins that can mangle midi. Maybe mention your daw, since each will also have several tools that do this.

Return to “Effects”