VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3)

LarsErik wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:18 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 pm
bob swans wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:49 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:04 pm That’s awesome. But where is the shuffle knob then?
It's in the setup page :tu:
Thus annoying. They couldn’t find room for it on the main GUI?
Doesn't look all that annoying to me. :D
I don’t know. I’d usually want shuffle available at the same time as I was writing in the step sequencer. You tend to tweak shuffle depending on the pattern you are writing. But here you need to flip between two windows? For a 303? I’m sorry but it’s not like a 303 is short on space. Again it’s something that was perfect in ABL2 and was changed for no reason. Why require diving into a tabbed window.

Not a deal breaker or anything (as long as it’s automatable), just a bit weird.

So where to get the update , or is still in beta ( I ,m still o 3.2.2 ) ?
I don't really care about ( abl2 ) distortions in abl3 , a lot of good third party plugs for that
Shuffle is nice , and curious about the new engines
Are these additional new engines or just the old abl 2 engines in abl3 ( since some preople prefered abl2 over 3 ) ?
If that's the case I'm still happy with 3.2.2
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:22 pm So where to get the update , or is still in beta ( I ,m still o 3.2.2 ) ?
I don't really care about ( abl2 ) distortions in abl3 , a lot of good third party plugs for that
Are these additional new engines or just the old abl 2 engines in abl3 ( since some preople prefered abl2 over 3 ) ?
New better sounding engine (to my ears). Still in beta.

Even better ?
The 3.2.2 was already a BIG improvement over 3.0
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 pm Even better ?
So you are sceptical that I think the 3.3 version of ABL is better sounding then previous versions?

LarsErik wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 am
So you are sceptical that I think the 3.3 version of ABL is better sounding then previous versions?
No not really
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:22 pm So where to get the update , or is still in beta ( I ,m still o 3.2.2 ) ?
It is available now, It does a clean install to an ABL3x directory in the usual place so you wont lose
your install of 3.2.2 unless you manually uninstall it.
Synth Presets and Music
https://linktr.ee/BoBSwanS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:36 am
No not really
Ok, I see, that was a bit aggressive from my part. Sorry about that.

Hi! WE don't really use the term 'better', but there was some work on making it more authentic for sure. If that's better or worse is subjective. We've have lots of users who prefer the old ABL2 engine, that's why we added it to ABL3. I still prefer it sometimes myself, though technically the later models (2 and 3) are closer to the lab 303.. But even that's subjective.

Mike / audiorealism
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:04 pm
LarsErik wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:18 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:16 pm
bob swans wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:49 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:04 pm That’s awesome. But where is the shuffle knob then?
It's in the setup page :tu:
Thus annoying. They couldn’t find room for it on the main GUI?
Doesn't look all that annoying to me. :D
I don’t know. I’d usually want shuffle available at the same time as I was writing in the step sequencer. You tend to tweak shuffle depending on the pattern you are writing. But here you need to flip between two windows? For a 303? I’m sorry but it’s not like a 303 is short on space. Again it’s something that was perfect in ABL2 and was changed for no reason. Why require diving into a tabbed window.

Not a deal breaker or anything (as long as it’s automatable), just a bit weird.
There is also a menu option for accessing common shuffle modes. But it probably is as annoying as changing the view. The reason 3.0.0 didn't have a shuffle knob is because adding shuffle was a real PITA with host hard sync, at least it took me ages to figure that out. I'm sure you understand it's not worth postponing a release months for one feature that only a few users use. That's why the GUI wasn't designed around it. Now that shuffle is back in I'm sure you understand we don't want to redesign the whole GUI around one feature added (that again few users use). Now, if you *really* want shuffle on the main gui, feel free to suggest a placement for the knob and we might be able to add that in..
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Mike Janney wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:46 pm
Hi! WE don't really use the term 'better', but there was some work on making it more authentic for sure. If that's better or worse is subjective. We've have lots of users who prefer the old ABL2 engine, that's why we added it to ABL3. I still prefer it sometimes myself, though technically the later models (2 and 3) are closer to the lab 303.. But even that's subjective.

Mike / audiorealism
So , you just added the abl2 engine to abl3 , iow the current ABL3 engine is not improved any further ?
Does the 3.3 update adds any NEW code at all ?
Eyeball exchanging

The Silverbox2 skin looks super soft (never used ABL2 - was this just a ported skin?). Any hope for a new version of the sharper Classic skin that includes the drive/distort/hp knobs in the top right for easy access?

Thanks for the update BTW. I appreciate the extra engines and built in distortion.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LarsErik wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:19 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:36 am
No not really
Ok, I see, that was a bit aggressive from my part. Sorry about that.
H.mm , If yo were using the abl2 engine in the 3.3 update and called that better , then YEs
Sure abl2 has it''s character , but as far as emulation goes abl3 3 is still tops
Eyeball exchanging

Ther is nothing to download (as a registered abl3 user 0 , the user area just reads 'user ' upon login
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:36 pm Ther is nothing to download (as a registered abl3 user 0 , the user area just reads 'user ' upon login
Download the demo from the product page. It'll already be activated when you install it. Note: it's a new dll called ABL3x.

Return to “Instruments”