Audiorealism ABL3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3)

anoise wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:11 pm Sorry if that offended you. Ugly in the sense that they are necessary because of the fixed aspect ratio of the plugin window. Otherwise they are well rendered and the skins are beautiful! :tu:
I am under the impression that you are not a fan of the side panels either, according to the lack of them in your previews a couple of pages back.
I don't dislike the side panels, I made them.
Last edited by LarsErik on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Not an expert, but with distortion, can't you just insert your favorite distortion plugin after ABL3?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Mike Janney wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:32 pmWe have updated the engines in every release since 1.0...
Will RE version be updated as well? It's currently on 3.1.1.

Now that many people use Reason Rack Plugin in other DAWs it should be on par feature-wise with plugin version. Unless you offer a free - or generous, at least - crossgrade?
Last edited by antic604 on Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:51 pm Not an expert, but with distortion, can't you just insert your favorite distortion plugin after ABL3?
But what do you do if yourr favorite distortion is the ABL3(2) distortion? :clown:

Note: I still haven't had a chance to actually play with ABL3x. But on the topic of the audio engines...I really liked the 3.2.2 audio engine and also assumed it was still there. Figured that the only changes were additions. Even if the new engines are more accurate, or less accurate, I'd definitely appreciate if the 3.2.2 could be added back in. Maybe model 4? Or back as Model 2 then make that one Model 4. Just a suggestion. I might even like the new engine better, but it would be good to keep the old one around IMO.

If I could be indulged with another small feature request: it looks like the skin size doesn't get retained unless you create a new default preset in your DAW (I'm using VST, Windows 10, Reaper - just in case that's a bug). Would be nice if that were stored globally by the plugin itself like the skin.

Thanks for all the work that's been put into this. I do look forward to checking out 3x when my workday eventually ends. Or tomorrow at this rate...

Kr3eM wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:05 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:51 pm Not an expert, but with distortion, can't you just insert your favorite distortion plugin after ABL3?
But what do you do if yourr favorite distortion is the ABL3(2) distortion? :clown:
Hehe, true that :clown: Not shure really. Is ABL3s distortion based on a specific pedal perhaps or is it original?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exactly , that's why I loved abl3 , a pure emulation without bells and whistles , and iirc the developer also advertised it like that .
But certain peeps want distortion , the competition also has it , so from a marketing point of view it does make sense.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Kr3eM wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:05 pm
The second distortion is a foldover type , sine shaper set to 0hz .
Roughly 20 seconds to achieve that in reaktor ( healthy amount of input gain into a sine function )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:57 pm
Exactly , that's why I loved abl3 , a pure emulation without bells and whistles , and iirc the developer also advertised it like that .
But certain peeps want distortion , the competition also has it , so from a marketing point of view it does make sense.
Yeah when i want acid sounds (dont own ABL3 btw, mostly use Full Bucket SequencAir for that) i tend to use Mercuriall TSC 1.0 or Greedsmasher, not a specific reason, i just like the sounds of them really

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hm, interesting

Mike Janney wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:32 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:03 pm
anoise wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:18 pm
Mike Janney wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 pm Thank you :)
Thanks for the reply and clarification. I was not aware of the validation process and all that is involved. It is clear now. I'm sure the next version will be more polished. :wink:
Regarding the "Improve emu", maybe it should be grayed out/not clickable when it is not in use, in a certain engine/VCO configuration. Same with every knob to reduce confusion.
I was assuming that ABL3.2.2 and ABL3.3.0 engine 2 are the same, as another user above me, but this is false, they don't match, I did some quick checking.
ABL3.3.0 is a different plugin, right? If this is true, than naming it ABL4 would have been more appropriate.
Exactly !
It's confusing to say the least .
Abl 2 and 3 were two different plugins .
Due to popular request abl2 is now also in 3.3.0, but 3.2.2 is not .(model 2 does not sound like 3.2.2)
So this either a bug or a pretty weird decision .
We have updated the engines in every release since 1.0. If that's weird to you then I guess our company is weird, like the Wonka chocolate factory or something. We did have a lot of requests to bring the ABL2 engine back so we did that. We brought distortion back with that. So far the overall response seems to be good with the new engines, with a few confused or critical posts like here on kvr.. But all feedback is valid and good, and I appreciate it..!!

I ran some checks again to see if there was any muffling going on between the versions and I didn't manage to replicate that yet. I will do some more investigating tomorrow..

Edit: read the thread again more closely. model 2 does not try to replicate ABL3.2.2.. And model 3 is not specifically for 3.3.0. I do see how that would be confusing now, it really didn't cross my mind as versions tend to be more a technical thing to enumerate the plug-ins.. Now that I see that, I'm not sure how to fix it. We could add the 3.2.2 engine back under model 2 and perhaps rename that model to something else??
--Mike
For me it's super important that the same device keep it's sound after updates.

I appreciate all additions and enhancements, but never when something existing is changed. This is one of the most frustrating things with software, actually.

Reason for that, old projects will be broken, and there is a high potential that something you love or really got used to doesn't work any more.

replicant X wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:13 am These are all different:

3.2.2 VCO mode 1
3.2.2 VCO mode 2 (Juicy and authentic one)
3.2.2 VCO mode 3 (Most juicy one)

3.3.0 ABL2 (Model 1) VCO Model 1
3.3.0 ABL2 (Model 1) VCO Model 2
3.3.0 ABL2 (Model 1) VCO Model 3
3.3.0 ABL3 (Model 2) VCO Model 1
3.3.0 ABL3 (Model 2) VCO Model 2 (it's most authentic one)
3.3.0 ABL3 (Model 2) VCO Model 3
3.3.0 ABL3 (Model 3) VCO Model 1 (harsh)
3.3.0 ABL3 (Model 3) VCO Model 2 (harsh)
3.3.0 ABL3 (Model 3) VCO Model 3 (harsh)
Finally got a chance to listen to this...I didn't go through every 3.3.0 mode but yeah, I do like 3.2.2 engine the best. Particularly mode 2. Would be nice to get it back. 3.4 maybe? :wink:

Return to “Instruments”