The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
6
4%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
8
6%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
14
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3
2%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
3
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
17
13%
Metal (various sub genres)
14
10%
EDM (various sub genres)
17
13%
80s (various genres)
11
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
41
31%
 
Total votes: 134

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20523 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:03 am

htcnext2 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:00 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:43 pm
Another song from my early years. Sometime in the 90s. Again, bad recording but real catchy.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/the-only-one
These organs just kick ass. A journey to the seventies regarding vocals. Nice song! :clap:
I think that was the Korg Triton rack.

KVRist
499 posts since 23 Apr, 2017 from Eastern US

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:55 am

wagtunes wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:43 pm
Another song from my early years. Sometime in the 90s. Again, bad recording but real catchy.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/the-only-one
Ooh, I love the Strato-Chime patch in the intro (if you’re using a Triton here, I know you said you did). The organ and bell synths remind me of the 90s for sure.
Any other older recordings you’d love to share? I’d love to hear more old wags songs!
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20523 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:43 am

Music Bird wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:55 am
wagtunes wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:43 pm
Another song from my early years. Sometime in the 90s. Again, bad recording but real catchy.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/the-only-one
Ooh, I love the Strato-Chime patch in the intro (if you’re using a Triton here, I know you said you did). The organ and bell synths remind me of the 90s for sure.
Any other older recordings you’d love to share? I’d love to hear more old wags songs!
Thanks for the listen and the feedback. I have tons of badly recorded Triton based 90s songs. I'll see if I can dig some more up.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20523 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:56 am

Here's another one from the 90s, Triton based. Bad recording. Really catchy chorus. To this day still one of my favorite songs.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... light-zone

User avatar
KVRAF
4181 posts since 16 Aug, 2017 from Land of The Charity Shop

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:31 am

I think this is worth a revamp, I like it. In the style of The Cars, I've been tempted to cover it.
https://youtu.be/-OyxSDTFB5Q
Currently trying to turn noise into music. :neutral: Is boutique the new old?

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20523 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:52 am

The Noodlist wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:31 am
I think this is worth a revamp, I like it. In the style of The Cars, I've been tempted to cover it.
https://youtu.be/-OyxSDTFB5Q
Another one that I did a very long time ago back in the 90s. I have so much of that stuff laying around.

Absolutely feel free to cover it if you like. I'm curious to hear what it would sound like.

** EDIT ** Correction. This was done in 2009 off my album Rubber Water's Revenge. Just seems like it was so long ago. This was done on my Boss 8 track digital recorder.

KVRist
499 posts since 23 Apr, 2017 from Eastern US

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:16 am

wagtunes wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:56 am
Here's another one from the 90s, Triton based. Bad recording. Really catchy chorus. To this day still one of my favorite songs.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... light-zone
Not too bad! Reminds me of The Carpenters in some parts and 80s pop and yacht rock in others.
You can see why I like the Triton sounds now!
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

KVRist
499 posts since 23 Apr, 2017 from Eastern US

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:24 am

Checked out your YouTube channel old songs.
Did you still have the Triton then or did you upgrade to more advanced/other stuff?
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20523 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:03 am

Music Bird wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:24 am
Checked out your YouTube channel old songs.
Did you still have the Triton then or did you upgrade to more advanced/other stuff?
I had the Triton all the way up to when I started doing PC recording in 2014. In fact, the Triton rack was one of the last hardware synths I ever bought.

User avatar
KVRAF
5712 posts since 18 Jul, 2008 from New York

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 pm

Working my way through Gas II, I think "Life On The Streets" is a great track. I like the way the vocals jump out and paint a gritty picture. The production and mix are very good. The occasional double tracked vox are very cool. :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... he-streets

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20523 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:42 am

Frantz wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:56 pm
Working my way through Gas II, I think "Life On The Streets" is a great track. I like the way the vocals jump out and paint a gritty picture. The production and mix are very good. The occasional double tracked vox are very cool. :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... he-streets
Thanks for the listen and the feedback Frantz. As I said, not really happy with this CD at all. Yet, the group I write for wants to do 5 tracks from it, so go figure. Maybe my taste in music is just radically different from the rest of the world. Either that or maybe working on this thing for 5 months just made me sick to death of it. This is the longest I've ever worked on a project so that is a definite possibility.

User avatar
KVRAF
6573 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Another Day In The Twilight Zone, really cool intro. Anyway, there is something about your voice, it reminds me of a specific band, can't put my finger on it, but it really sounds great. I really enjoyed this one Steven, good job once again! Looking forward to your next song. Thank you for sharing this one with us :tu:
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

20523 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:55 pm

Halonmusic wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:13 pm
Another Day In The Twilight Zone, really cool intro. Anyway, there is something about your voice, it reminds me of a specific band, can't put my finger on it, but it really sounds great. I really enjoyed this one Steven, good job once again! Looking forward to your next song. Thank you for sharing this one with us :tu:
I have been told I sound like

The Buggles
Paul McCartney
John Lennon
Mercury Rev
Sparks
Jeff Lynne

So take your pick LOL

Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

User avatar
KVRAF
6573 posts since 13 Nov, 2015 from Norway

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:16 am

The Buggles then :lol: and no problem :)
EnergyXT3 - Reaper | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

User avatar
Boss Lovin' DR
8704 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:50 pm

The Noodlist wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:31 am
I think this is worth a revamp, I like it. In the style of The Cars, I've been tempted to cover it.
https://youtu.be/-OyxSDTFB5Q
That's a great chorus! Do it!

Return to “Music Cafe”