Audiorealism ABL3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AudioRealism Bass Line 3 (ABL3)

midi_transmission wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:37 am Yes, the Valhalla approach, how you call it, is the best thing. Add things, don't just change existing things.

I'm not saying I don't like 3.3, but yes I'm quite annoyed that you lose 3.2 with the update. I have cases (not always) were I prefer the 3.2 sound to 3.3. So it feels like a downgrade at the same time.
You don't lose 3.2 with the update. You can carry on using it.

With 3.3 installed alongside it, you now have a few more different sounding 303 models to choose from.

Everyone's a winner. :party: :party: :party:

This is the confusing part

------Model 1 (abl2 )------
--Improved EMU switch OFF
-Bass knob :NOT functional
-Treble knob :NOT functional
--Improved EMU switch ON
-Bass knob :Functional
-Treble knob :NOT Functional

------Model 2------
--Bass knob: Functional
--TReble knob :NOT functional

--Improved EMU switch ON

--Bass knob :Functional
--Treble knob:Functional (set to 0% has a muffled sound )

-----Model 3-----

--Bass KNOB:Functional
--Treble knob:Functional

-Improved EMU switch ON

--Bass KNob:Functional
--Treble KNob :Functional
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Wibbler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:59 am
midi_transmission wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:37 am Yes, the Valhalla approach, how you call it, is the best thing. Add things, don't just change existing things.

I'm not saying I don't like 3.3, but yes I'm quite annoyed that you lose 3.2 with the update. I have cases (not always) were I prefer the 3.2 sound to 3.3. So it feels like a downgrade at the same time.

With 3.3 installed alongside it, you now have a few more different sounding 303 models to choose from.

Except those that love 3.2.2 and want shuffle
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:08 am

Can't you drive it from the DAW and apply shuffle / groove to notes there?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

As said before :-)

That's not right. I don't see M1 support for 3.2, 3.2 will be a legacy product now.

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:24 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:08 am

Can't you drive it from the DAW and apply shuffle / groove to notes there?
No , there are certain things that you can't do in a daw , for example c3 sliding in to c4 while c4 is accented and slide again to c3
In a daw you would draw c3 so it extends/overlaps the next note c4 , but c4 is also accented and in a daw this means drawing a higher velocity , therefore c4 will be interpreted as a new note and then sliding won't behave accuratly into the next note , or something like that
I documented it in the past but too lazy to look for it

This is the only thing that doesn't work but it's not a biggie really
I (sometimes ) use loomer architect amazing sequencers to drive abl
Eyeball exchanging

midi_transmission wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:30 am

As said before :-)

That's not right. I don't see M1 support for 3.2, 3.2 will be a legacy product now.
Sorry. My mistake. I forgot about the Mac factor.

Even if we update 3.2 for Mac M1 it won't be compatible with the old version because we have to deprecate 32-bit versions.

If all you want is the 3.2.2 Audio Engine in ABL3.3.0 I'm sure I can add that in.
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Mike Janney wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:56 pm If all you want is the 3.2.2 Audio Engine in ABL3.3.0 I'm sure I can add that in.
Yes please. I think that would be the most elegant solution. Ensures backwards compatibility (at least from a sound perspective, someone may need to go back in and update the plugin itself in old projects and copy settings over) and future support. Thanks! :tu:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:01 pm
Mike Janney wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:56 pm If all you want is the 3.2.2 Audio Engine in ABL3.3.0 I'm sure I can add that in.
Yes please. I think that would be the most elegant solution. Ensures backwards compatibility (at least from a sound perspective, someone may need to go back in and update the plugin itself in old projects and copy settings over) and future support. Thanks! :tu:
That should be doable, I was going to troubleshoot the muffled sound issue someone mentioned here so I probably need to add that engine in anyway.
AudioRealism
www.audiorealism.se

Wibbler wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:35 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:41 am Oh, I thought ABL2 already had shuffle with host hard sync?
ABL2 didn't have host hard sync. It required a midi trigger to sync to your host.

Remember, you always had to put a midi note in to get your patterns to play in time.
Ah I see, thanks! Useful update then.

Perhaps shuffle and gate trim could be lifted to the main interface like this?

(Somwhat crude mockup, sorry about that.)

LarsErik wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:26 pm Perhaps shuffle and gate trim could be lifted to the main interface like this?

I think both shuffle and gate trim are super useful controls to be visible at all times while writing sequences.

LarsErik wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:26 pm Perhaps shuffle and gate trim could be lifted to the main interface like this?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but has Audiorealism asked you to do / adapt the skin to RE version? I now have both (just crossgraded from RE to VST 5 minutes ago) and it would be great if they were on par :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:15 pm

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but has Audiorealism asked you to do / adapt the skin to RE version? I now have both (just crossgraded from RE to VST 5 minutes ago) and it would be great if they were on par :)
How do you crossgrade from the RE? I didn't realise the RE was an older version when I purchased it.

[Edit: Just found it under More on the ABL3 website...]

Return to “Instruments”