Arturia V Collection 9. Predictions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

I remember a survey from Arturia several years ago asking what people would like to see, but I can’t remember what synths were on the list to choose from.

I predict that it will be really big and bloated and take double the disk space.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I stopped updating at version 6. Originally, I bought the individual Jupiter 8 and Prophet V units and eventually went for the V4 collection…updating up to V6. Here’s the thing about Arturia; they produce plug-ins based on a leap of faith totally relying upon on their well drawn skeuomorphic GUIs to convince users they are actually hearing authentic reproductions of the units they represent.

AdvancedFollower wrote:
It's all and well and good having 30+ instruments, but when half of them sound like SynthEdit synths from 2006, it does drag down the perceived value of the collection.
Couldn’t agree more. As to the updates to the Jupiter 8, it aint a Jupiter 8 without the Upper and Lower parts coupled to Split and Dual modes. They screwed this up out of the gate and here we are 3 versions later and they still avoided that key element regarding the way a real Jupiter 8 produces its sounds.

I got the Prophet V to substitute the real Prophet VS I own into a number of songs I wanted to produce strictly ITB. I can’t begin to tell tell you what a disappointment that one was. Anyone who thinks Arturia’s version sounds like the real unit should have his or her hearing checked. The Parameter scaling alone (as compared to actual Prophet VS parameter values) is an utter fail. And tying it to a bad interpretation of a Prophet 5 was, IMHO, a huge mistake. It made the GUI and library an absolute nightmare to use. Want an authentic sounding Prophet 5? Uhe’s Repro 5 is your answer.

So…I could care less what Arturia throws out for version 9 because I'm guessing it’s just going to be more of the same “Ooh and Ah GUI’s, with no thought into improving the actual sound or operation of too many of their earlier titles. I’m done throwing money at these guys.
On a number of Macs

Kawaik5k and a 99 upgrade price for me. I'll express concern about accuracy of Arturias emulations, gripe about the price and upgrade anyway. Tal, uhe, or synapse audio will release a better version a month later and I'll buy that as well and fall into a depression about my spending habits.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 pm So…I could care less what Arturia throws out for version 9 because I'm guessing it’s just going to be more of the same “Ooh and Ah GUI’s, with no thought into improving the actual sound or operation of too many of their earlier titles. I’m done throwing money at these guys.
Well you care enough to write an excessively long and involved post about why the V collection is not for you instead of just ignoring the thread. I wonder why that is?

tactile_coast wrote:
I wonder why that is?
I felt like it. Did I touch a nerve or something?
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 pm
So…I could care less
*couldn't care less. :D

dayjob wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:56 am
So…I could care less
Really? That’s what you went after? The low hanging fruit of syntax? Here? In KVR? :dog:
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:16 am
dayjob wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:56 am
So…I could care less
Really? That’s what you went after? The low hanging fruit of syntax? Here? In KVR? :dog:
you mean corrections aren't hilarious? :party:

i don't have any issue w/your opinions on arturia synths. they're yours to have.

dayjob wrote:
Ok…that’s funny.
On a number of Macs

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 pm So…I could care less what Arturia throws out for version 9 because I'm guessing it’s just going to be more of the same “Ooh and Ah GUI’s, with no thought into improving the actual sound or operation of too many of their earlier titles. I’m done throwing money at these guys.
A tad harsh, perhaps. Plenty of the instruments are decent enough or better. The keyboard split thing on the J8 is an omission but you can set up any keyboard splits you like in Analog Lab.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 am dayjob wrote:
Ok…that’s funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

to get my buy in (I've been on the fence about buying the V collection for YEARS) I'd like to see microtuning and MPE as standard across the board and maybe a new analog/digital hybrid (SQ-80? PPG?). Some of the older synths could really use a redone GUI and maybe even DSP updates too (moog V and modular V, 2600 V, prophet V, CS80V...)

Weasel-Boy wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 pm I stopped updating at version 6. Originally, I bought the individual Jupiter 8 and Prophet V units and eventually went for the V4 collection…updating up to V6.
V6 has Synclavier, the crown jewel of their V Collection. What Arturia needs to do for a Version 9 is give that Matrix 12 the V3 overhaul treatment with .syx Import/Export. Its the only Matrix 12 emulation unlike Prophet V, Juno, Jupiter, Oberheim.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I got the Prophet V to substitute the real Prophet VS I own into a number of songs I wanted to produce strictly ITB. I can’t begin to tell tell you what a disappointment that one was. Anyone who thinks Arturia’s version sounds like the real unit should have his or her hearing checked. The Parameter scaling alone (as compared to actual Prophet VS parameter values) is an utter fail. And tying it to a bad interpretation of a Prophet 5 was, IMHO, a huge mistake. It made the GUI and library an absolute nightmare to use. Want an authentic sounding Prophet 5? Uhe’s Repro 5 is your answer.
The VS is a good idea to overhaul for V9 but they need to leave the Prophet V alone. U-he already nailed it.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Instruments”