Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Using Reaper is fine. Using Studio One is fine.
People here don’t need to keep trying to raise one up by lowering the other.
90% of the time it’s moans from people who cant be bothered to RTFM or are ‘old dogs’ used to working in one specific way.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:52 am Using Reaper is fine. Using Studio One is fine.
90% of the time it’s moans from people who cant be bothered to RTFM or are ‘old dogs’ used to working in one specific way.

And yes, I own one just like it :lol:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:52 am Using Reaper is fine. Using Studio One is fine.
Pigeons didn't need to read a manual when they were guiding bombs during World War 2.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 amI never said he had no vision , you did .
The ' no vision ' in my response was used ironically .
Yes, and I threw it back at you so you'd understand that my comment was specific to Reaper, not to the man's other endeavours.
If a dude cashes in millions of dollars he must have been doing something right .
Set goal -->achieve goal = vision accomplished .
Got it. ?
Yes, it's the way douchebags the world over work.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:42 am Yes, it's the way douchebags the world over work.
Meh. He got ~$60 million in AOL stock for his company, WinAmp and some llama abuse. Can you blame him? (I just hope he sold it all before AOL stock values tanked.)

That said, I think he works on what he wants to work on. It's sad that you have to install a third-party script (SWS) to make it even halfway useable. I did the 30-day Reaper challenge and the vast majority of that time was spent configuring it. The configurations failed miserably due to graphics issues and inconsistent window rendering. I finally gave up as I really don't care for the huge ass ugly popup windows that take up valuable real estate compared to the amount of info they show.

The only positive thing I can say about it is that it has a nice CPU performance window, better than any other I have seen (the usually ugliness notwithstanding.)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound, features and quality... no other comes close, those who think otherwise do not know what a professional DAW is. Period.

Chipi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 am Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound, features and quality... no other comes close, those who think otherwise do not know what a professional DAW is. Period.
You can rule out sound and features, whilst quality is non-specific.

What Studio One is though, is one of the most intuitive and easiest to learn modern, complete DAW's on the market for both beginners and professionals alike with a drag and drop interface and a range of supported hardware from low end to high end.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

antic604 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:31 pm Interesting :)

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-FH ... 33KCiS249J
thanks for the link. interesting to see an objective back and for comparison type series.

Chipi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 am Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound ...
I am curious as to how one can quantifiably make these types of claims...

Anyone remember that famous/infamous complaint from some long-past (15 years maybe) poster by the name of 'shea' who claimed that his/her host sounded 20-40% better than Sonar? ... Was quite the meme back then amongst the DAW enthusiasts.

lessera wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:00 am
Chipi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 am Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound ...
I can see that if you are including Studio One’s proprietary Mix FX console emulations.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

lessera wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:00 am

Anyone remember that famous/infamous complaint from some long-past (15 years maybe) poster by the name of 'shea' who claimed that his/her host sounded 20-40% better than Sonar? ... Was quite the meme back then amongst the DAW enthusiasts.

It's not my fault that you don't have ears to appreciate it, they have remained in the Winco of the 70's :hihi: , the output sound from Studio One 5 is the best among all the other DAWs, compare the same mix from Reaper, Bitwig or Ableton, to give an example and you will see that Studio One sounds 10 times better, although you can't hear it or perceive it, I can and that's enough for me. :phones:

Chipi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:33 am Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound, features and quality... no other comes close, those who think otherwise do not know what a professional DAW is. Period.
:dog: oh man how could I have forgotten. Hans Zimmer is doing it all wrong this whole time along with many other top hit artists

Chipi wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:51 amIt's not my fault that you don't have ears to appreciate it, they have remained in the Winco of the 70's :hihi: , the output sound from Studio One 5 is the best among all the other DAWs, compare the same mix from Reaper, Bitwig or Ableton, to give an example and you will see that Studio One sounds 10 times better, although you can't hear it or perceive it, I can and that's enough for me. :phones:
Comparisons have been done many times. Arguments based on perception add little value to any discussion.

I suppose because of the valves other DAWs don't have
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”