Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
KVRAF
8641 posts since 30 Apr, 2019

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:52 am

Using Reaper is fine. Using Studio One is fine.
People here don’t need to keep trying to raise one up by lowering the other.
90% of the time it’s moans from people who cant be bothered to RTFM or are ‘old dogs’ used to working in one specific way.

KVRAF
10711 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:31 pm

Stuff for sale: iZotope Music Prod. Suite 3, incl. N3 Adv, O9 Adv, Tonal Bal. Ctrl 2, RX7 Std, Vocal Synth 2, Nectar 3, R4+Nimbus. PM me :)

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Banned
102 posts since 23 Jul, 2021

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:45 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:52 am
90% of the time it’s moans from people who cant be bothered to RTFM or are ‘old dogs’ used to working in one specific way.

And yes, I own one just like it :lol:

KVRAF
2425 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:04 pm

WatchTheGuitar wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:52 am
Pigeons didn't need to read a manual when they were guiding bombs during World War 2.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

GRRRRRRR!
12574 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:42 pm

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:49 am
I never said he had no vision , you did .
The ' no vision ' in my response was used ironically .
Yes, and I threw it back at you so you'd understand that my comment was specific to Reaper, not to the man's other endeavours.
If a dude cashes in millions of dollars he must have been doing something right .
Set goal -->achieve goal = vision accomplished .
Got it. ?
Yes, it's the way douchebags the world over work.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10(64), Evo8 | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro Desktop, Uno, Rocket.

KVRian
1125 posts since 25 Sep, 2014 from Specific Northwest

Post Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:35 pm

BONES wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:42 pm
Yes, it's the way douchebags the world over work.
Meh. He got ~$60 million in AOL stock for his company, WinAmp and some llama abuse. Can you blame him? (I just hope he sold it all before AOL stock values tanked.)

That said, I think he works on what he wants to work on. It's sad that you have to install a third-party script (SWS) to make it even halfway useable. I did the 30-day Reaper challenge and the vast majority of that time was spent configuring it. The configurations failed miserably due to graphics issues and inconsistent window rendering. I finally gave up as I really don't care for the huge ass ugly popup windows that take up valuable real estate compared to the amount of info they show.

The only positive thing I can say about it is that it has a nice CPU performance window, better than any other I have seen (the usually ugliness notwithstanding.)

KVRist
48 posts since 25 Mar, 2020

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound, features and quality... no other comes close, those who think otherwise do not know what a professional DAW is. Period.

KVRAF
2425 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Chipi wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:33 pm
Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound, features and quality... no other comes close, those who think otherwise do not know what a professional DAW is. Period.
You can rule out sound and features, whilst quality is non-specific.

What Studio One is though, is one of the most intuitive and easiest to learn modern, complete DAW's on the market for both beginners and professionals alike with a drag and drop interface and a range of supported hardware from low end to high end.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

KVRAF
1809 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:45 pm

antic604 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:31 pm
Interesting :)

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-FH ... 33KCiS249J
thanks for the link. interesting to see an objective back and for comparison type series.

KVRist
251 posts since 16 Oct, 2016

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm

Chipi wrote:
Presonus Studio One 5, is the best DAW on the market, in sound ...
I am curious as to how one can quantifiably make these types of claims...

Anyone remember that famous/infamous complaint from some long-past (15 years maybe) poster by the name of 'shea' who claimed that his/her host sounded 20-40% better than Sonar? ... Was quite the meme back then amongst the DAW enthusiasts.

KVRian
1212 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:43 pm

lessera wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Chipi wrote:
I can see that if you are including Studio One’s proprietary Mix FX console emulations.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

KVRist
48 posts since 25 Mar, 2020

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm

lessera wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:00 pm
Chipi wrote:

Anyone remember that famous/infamous complaint from some long-past (15 years maybe) poster by the name of 'shea' who claimed that his/her host sounded 20-40% better than Sonar? ... Was quite the meme back then amongst the DAW enthusiasts.

It's not my fault that you don't have ears to appreciate it, they have remained in the Winco of the 70's :hihi: , the output sound from Studio One 5 is the best among all the other DAWs, compare the same mix from Reaper, Bitwig or Ableton, to give an example and you will see that Studio One sounds 10 times better, although you can't hear it or perceive it, I can and that's enough for me. :phones:

KVRist
399 posts since 29 Apr, 2019

Post Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:45 pm

Chipi wrote:
:dog: oh man how could I have forgotten. Hans Zimmer is doing it all wrong this whole time along with many other top hit artists

KVRist
251 posts since 16 Oct, 2016

Post Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:50 am

Chipi wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:51 pm
It's not my fault that you don't have ears to appreciate it, they have remained in the Winco of the 70's :hihi: , the output sound from Studio One 5 is the best among all the other DAWs, compare the same mix from Reaper, Bitwig or Ableton, to give an example and you will see that Studio One sounds 10 times better, although you can't hear it or perceive it, I can and that's enough for me. :phones:
Comparisons have been done many times. Arguments based on perception add little value to any discussion.

KVRist
320 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:28 am

I suppose because of the valves other DAWs don't have
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, ANA, GForce, Reaper

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”