Moan - THAT Slate email

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

5Lives wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:20 am
Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:39 pm
5Lives wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:49 am Don’t like them? Don’t buy into them.
I don't like them and I won't buy into them. But if other people buy into them that incentivizes developers to adopt, maintain, or expand the subscription model.

I just don't want to wake up one day and find the only way to get new plugins will be to rent them.

Consumers drive the market and we have a great deal of power if we simply present a united front but of course that's not going to happen so...it is what it is... :?

If people are content with the fact that the moment they stop paying the rental fees they will lose the software they've paid for then there's nothing left to say..... :shrug:
Here's a crazy thought - not everybody thinks the same way as you. Crazy, I know, but stay with me. There's this possibility that people that are buying the subscription are not being mind-controlled by a chip Bill Gates implanted in their head and are actually exerting free will and choosing to pay for the subscription model. Like I don't pay for the Slate subscription...but I could and it wouldn't be because I have a gun to my head. Crazy, right? Unfathomable even. Now I'm going to go watch Netflix.
Hahaha what are you even talking about? Did you reply to the wrong person?

5Lives wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:19 pm How did he manipulate people? End users got ML-1/2 and VSX because the company was able to spend resources developing it.
These products aren't even included in the subscription. :lol:
More BPM please

5Lives wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:20 am Here's a crazy thought - not everybody thinks the same way as you. Crazy, I know, but stay with me. There's this possibility that people that are buying the subscription are not being mind-controlled by a chip Bill Gates implanted in their head and are actually exerting free will and choosing to pay for the subscription model. Like I don't pay for the Slate subscription...but I could and it wouldn't be because I have a gun to my head. Crazy, right? Unfathomable even. Now I'm going to go watch Netflix.
Of course not everybody thinks the way I do. Some people think the Earth is flat but I don't have to agree with them.

There's this possibility that people that are buying the subscription are simply not thinking it through.

To me music production software subscription plans are for people with no long term goals but if they're only going to be making music for a year and not for the rest of their lives then maybe the subscription plans make sense.

Like I said people who buy into the plans simply incentivize developers to adopt such plans and may end up taking away the ability for the rest of us to buy our licenses instead of renting them.

Of course everybody has the right to do as they wish just as I have the right to disagree with their decision to rent software if it ends up taking away my ability to buy it....Crazy, right? Unfathomable even. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Anyway on topic the sub is a terrible idea unless you want everything offered. I like the ones I’ve bought from slate but it’s been years. I would have lost money having a subscription to keep the same ones I actually use.

Burillo wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:06 pm
i have Kush sub. not only i wouldn't complain about them, i actually can say nothing but good things about them.
Me too. But I only subscribe wheen needed and cancel the sub afterwards. Can't complain.

Return to “Effects”