Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

And the Prophecy has a virtual version of the awesome "log"! It could be bigger but at least it's there.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

All (except the Odyssey) has resizable GUI.. They are just not obvious to fine.. usually the three dots..and for the Triton's under the Menu.

rsp
sound sculptist

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:40 pm
XorXisT wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm Oh man! 4 instruments for $150 is a steal, but...

My MBAM1 arrives tomorrow and I'm ready to go full Logic Pro, so I'll pass for now...

Dang it, Korg! :hihi:
Works beautifully on my M1 Mac mini under Rosetta 2
Problem is Logic Pro is $200, and I don't want to spend 350 at this time :oops: .

Maybe next sale.

Strange that the prophecy doesn't have the Output boost or cut option in Global like all the recent ones.
rsp
sound sculptist

BONES wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:36 pmIf it had polyphony, it would be a Z1.
Well no, Prophecy doesn't have all the oscillator modes Z1 has, and IIRC there are also some other differences (Z1 can be 6 part multitimbral, for starters).

At any rate, FX page bottom left section has the polyphony option. Up to 256 voices. :hihi:
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 pm Strange that the prophecy doesn't have the Output boost or cut option in Global like all the recent ones.
rsp
Indeed, it could use a 6 dB boost for sure. I guess this is why we have faders in our DAWs, haha.

BONES wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:36 pm
Anyway, am I correct in saying that neither of the Tritons have resizable GUIs? Because they are barely readable at their current size and would be completely unusable on my Surface Pro.
check the Menu in the fake screen at the top. Several sizes to choose from.

With no individual V3 downloads in my account I am trying to use Software Pass to install them. Korg emailed me a link to Software Pass 1.1.2 but after I installed it says: "Newer version of this app is available. Please download and install."

When I click on "download" the app just hangs. I can see a KORG_Software_Pass_1_1_3.zip appearing in my downloads folder but the file remains zero bytes and does not open.

What a mess.

That MiniKorg sounds great. I was some way through doing a cover of the Bunnymen's Show of Strength, but I think I just found my new lead instrument.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:40 pm
XorXisT wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:32 pm Oh man! 4 instruments for $150 is a steal, but...

My MBAM1 arrives tomorrow and I'm ready to go full Logic Pro, so I'll pass for now...

Dang it, Korg! :hihi:
Works beautifully on my M1 Mac mini under Rosetta 2
I’ve been pretty pleased with my maxed out M1 Mac Mini. It handles everything I’ve been throwing at it, even under Rosetta. Certain apps like Chicken Systems Translator behave extremely oddly, but overall it’s still worth it.

BONES wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:36 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 amUnfortunately it is still $299 for me, not even $249 :dog: Here is the my two pages on both usernet and korg:
More comprehensive than mine, which just showed the collection as a single product.
This is the reason I think that they don't count me in, because I don't have a single product (Collection) as I bought them one by one.
I wrote them about this twice asking them to merge all the products as Collection so I can buy Triton (that time), but there was no answer! So, I couldn't buy Triton (at full price!).

Anyway, I have moved on because I'm more than covered and I it doesn't have to be a Korg synth, there are many alternatives ;)

JamminFool wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:06 pmcheck the Menu in the fake screen at the top. Several sizes to choose from.
Yeah, I found it when I loaded the VSTi, which is a little bit bigger in my host than the standalone. But thanks.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I wish they had taken the opportunity to update and standardize the GUI and preset browsers on all the plugins. Perhaps it makes sense to leave the workstations as is, but for the synths it should be consistent across the line. You have to poke around, for example, to find where they put interface scaling, and a few of the interfaces are still too small at maximum scale.

And the biggest downer in this update: There is still no interface scaling on the Odyssey, and it has the same crappy preset browser with no categories.

Korg could stand to take some lessons from Arturia on this.

Yeah that odyssey GUI is unsuitable on my LG 4K monitor. It’s unacceptable considering how relatively new it is.

teilo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:02 pm I wish they had taken the opportunity to update and standardize the GUI and preset browsers on all the plugins.
The MiniKorg has a cool 3D/2D option which replaces the skeumorphic 3D view with a simpler top down controls view. Hopefully in time they’ll all get something similar plus that common preset browser view, which they seem to have adopted on a few things like MS20 now.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Instruments”