Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

lalo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:41 pm Hi all guys, as far as i understand i have two upgrade options.
1, 99$ adding Prophecy, Triton Extreme and miniKorg
2. 149$ adding Prophecy, Triton, Triton Extreme and miniKorg

So i wonder which differences there are between Triton and Triton Extreme.

Any opinion?

thanks
Clearly take the cheaper one. I too got both options. I 'think' the 99 is the upgrade from v2 and the 149 is my upgrade from legacy.
My korg installer app always shows both legacy and v2 at the top, like if they are two separate packages.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:27 pm
lalo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:41 pm Hi all guys, as far as i understand i have two upgrade options.

Any opinion?

thanks
Clearly take the cheaper one. I too got both options. I 'think' the 99 is the upgrade from v2 and the 149 is my upgrade from legacy.
My korg installer app always shows both legacy and v2 at the top, like if they are two separate packages.
Rsp
Take the more expensive one, your getting Triton for 50 bucks ;-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

c_voltage wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:01 pm For example, i didn't really like the unison "phasey" character.
I noticed that today also.
It would be nice if they added a switch to turn retrigger on/off.

Finally—A software version of the Korg Prophecy! :)

And with polyphony!!! I didn't realize at first that the voice settings are under the FX section. I was ready to come to terms that it was just staying true to the original and that I would have to wait for a Z1 plugin for polyphony... Errie Combstring is brilliant as a polyphonic patch!

joeyluck wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:37 pm Finally—A software version of the Korg Prophecy! :)
I used to own a Prophecy and it's great to now have a software version from Korg. Worth the price of admission here!

Actually, I'm starting to think the MiniKorg is the star of the show! Its got a lovely tone and I keep finding sounds that I want to play.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yep they nailed its character. Very simple, but spectacular sounding synth.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:11 pm Yep they nailed its character. Very simple, but spectacular sounding synth.
As I said in the bargains thread it's got sounds that can leave space in a mix, but a lot of those synths like Triton and Prophecy feel a bit 'everything and the kitchen sink' though they still do sound great and you can use filters to slightly lessen their track dominance.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:56 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:36 pmIf it had polyphony, it would be a Z1.
Well no, Prophecy doesn't have all the oscillator modes Z1 has, and IIRC there are also some other differences (Z1 can be 6 part multitimbral, for starters).

At any rate, FX page bottom left section has the polyphony option. Up to 256 voices. :hihi:
zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:45 pm Strange that the prophecy doesn't have the Output boost or cut option in Global like all the recent ones.
rsp
Indeed, it could use a 6 dB boost for sure. I guess this is why we have faders in our DAWs, haha.
If my memory isn't too fried, I think the Z1's engine was closer to the MOSS board for the Triton. Two oscillator models in the MOSS board that aren't in the Prophecy are bowed strings, and drawbars. Still, my experience so far with the Prophecy plugin has been good, and it seems to work fine on Window 7 (I know, I really need to get a new computer some day), despite the minimum requirements stating Windows 10. I'll play with it some more before I decide to buy or not.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Great update. Just bought mine.
Last edited by Roman Wisniak on Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:30 pm

Any opinion?

thanks
Rsp
I already had Triton.. no reason why I would take the more expensive one.
I would end up with the same number of vst's :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Nice surprise to just have this drop today, I enjoy when stuff just "appears" without any hype. Glad to see new stuff. Like others have said, that MiniKorg is pretty cool. Upgraded for the $149.

zvenx wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:00 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:30 pm

Any opinion?

thanks
Rsp
I already had Triton.. no reason why I would take the more expensive one.
I would end up with the same number of vst's :)
rsp
Ah, I missed that :dog: although you could probably sell a Triton licence for more than 50 bucks!

Wish they'd add MOSS to the Triton. I'm still hanging on to my Triton rack because it has the MOSS board, which is not in the Triton plugin.

True...
Anyway i went for the $99 :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”