Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

DocAtlas wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:54 pmIf my memory isn't too fried, I think the Z1's engine was closer to the MOSS board for the Triton.
Kinda the other way around. MOSS board for Triton is basically 6 voices of Z1. The Trinity/Triton expansion board happened after Z1 was released.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:42 am I did NOT see Prophecy coming. I hope that also means they will add Z1 in the next one. :)
Z1 and ARP 2600. The Korg Z1 was the competitor workstation to the VL synthesis based Yamaha EX5.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Just updated the whole collection and installed Demos as well. Which killed the whole collection in
Cubase. Everything shows as VST 2.4 with no VST 3 available. None of them show on the blacklist either, and cannot add them as a track now. They show in the manager, but not the add instrument to track list.

Opening them in standalone still works fine, except for the two demos (Prophecy and MiniKorg). While they open, there's no ASIO Option, only Windows Audio. So the output is pretty weak.

Anyone know what I got going on here?

Cubase
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

electro wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:56 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:42 am I did NOT see Prophecy coming. I hope that also means they will add Z1 in the next one. :)
Z1 and ARP 2600. The Korg Z1 was the competitor workstation to the VL synthesis based Yamaha EX5.
That's not exactly right. Yamaha took over Korg in 1987. As a result, there were SEVERAL Korg AND Yamaha synths during that period that used technology from both companies. Much like the Harmon, (and the current Yamaha), empire make products with with tech from several companies under their umbrella. They both have been very aggressive in acquiring companies and their tech. Yamaha sucked up Steinberg and more recently Line6. Some of these mega mergers have been complete disasters tho.....AVID and Gibson immediately come to mind. It's just the nature of the beast.

And PLEASE KORG.....give us an MS2000 VSTi that can import the original sysex.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:16 pmCubase
Except that the previous versions were working fine in Cubase.
So it seems more likely Korg.

I've read so many threads where CUBASE was the problem.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

BBFG# wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:05 pm Opening them in standalone still works fine, except for the two demos (Prophecy and MiniKorg). While they open, there's no ASIO Option, only Windows Audio.
I have the same thing happening here with the Audio Device Type menu. It just has Windows Audio and DirectSound, but no ASIO. I checked Triton Extreme and the standard Triton standalone and they both have ASIO in there as a choice.

There's still no upgrade path for people who bought the original Legacy Collection, then bought the ARP Odyssey plugin separately. I own all the same things as the "Special Bundle", but can't get the Special Bundle upgrade price.
Stormchild

Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm I've read so many threads where CUBASE was the problem.
Deductive reasoning eliminates that claim here.
The Cubase "problem" would only be they no longer support VST2.
And I can't find any VST3 for Korg under the usual "common" folders.
Was really hoping I somehow missed a step during the install, but I just did a reinstall and saw nothing to corroborate "user error". Still hoping someone else has a clue here.
Next step is to go back to previous versions.

Where is the modulation page for the Prophecy?

Don't get me wrong, I think they did a great job on the triton plug-in and love it, just saying I would probably sell my hardware triton rack unit if the plug-in also had the MOSS in it.

Arashi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 pm There's still no upgrade path for people who bought the original Legacy Collection, then bought the ARP Odyssey plugin separately. I own all the same things as the "Special Bundle", but can't get the Special Bundle upgrade price.
I've been in a similar situation, buying them all separately before the Triton (and not completing/consolidating the group before the korguser to korg id migration). I had emailed support about consolidating licenses when Legacy Collection 2 released, but it seemed like a brick wall.

I'm thinking of trying a new email that very clearly describes how poor the deal is- I own 7 of the 11 products, and if I want LC3, it's $299.00 in this sale, the same price someone who owns 0 would pay. That does not make any sense. I'm assuming their internal system is not set up to perform these kind of edge-case license scenarios.

beely wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:15 pmHow's the Prophecy sounding? CPU use? Does it hold up today or does it sound cheap and plastic?
My bandmate says the presets sound identical to his hardware unit. CPU use is good across the board, unlike the ARP Odyssey, which is the 3rd biggest CPU hog I own, after Knifonium and bx_oberhausen.
How's playability without all the physical controls of the hardware? Often with these physical modelled instruments of this era, including the Korg and Yamaha stuff, they could sound a bit sterile unless you really played with them in performance via physical controls - I wonder how that translates into this modern environment?
They all respond very well to slide, glide and aftertouch from my Roli Seaboard, right out of the box. They are very, very playable and you can even watch the Log/pitch-bend controls move as you use Glide and other controls move when you use Slide.
muki wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:00 pmif so...asking that price for an outdated platform...?
What outdated platform? Last time I looked, all of Apple's more serious computers still ran Intel processors. So far, it's only the entry-level consumer krap that's got the M1 chip.
BBFG# wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:58 pmMini Korg would be a nostalgia buy for me since it was my first synth back in the early seventies. And the Prophecy never impressed me as much.
As long as I get the Extreme for being a current Triton owner, I think waiting for a next inversion is more likely. I'll agree with others that the Z1 is most logical in this regard. But I'd like to see the Radias/AL and Mod 7 come into this as well. But I'm not holding my breath on those.
I can't see the Z1 being different enough to warrant bothering. What I'd like to see is the O1/W. It's AI2 synthesis was amazing and quite unique.
SHall1000 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:09 pmCan you help my confusion? I have the legacy collection and an upgrade price of 199, yet some are seeing 149. Is it something to do with a “special bundle” of the legacy collection?
The Special Bundle included the Odyssey and you had to pay an upgrade price from the Legacy Collection for it.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BBFG# wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:57 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm I've read so many threads where CUBASE was the problem.
Deductive reasoning eliminates that claim here.
The Cubase "problem" would only be they no longer support VST2.
And I can't find any VST3 for Korg under the usual "common" folders.
Was really hoping I somehow missed a step during the install, but I just did a reinstall and saw nothing to corroborate "user error". Still hoping someone else has a clue here.
Next step is to go back to previous versions.
Before I run any installer, I always break into them with Pacifist (I’m on a Mac) to see what’s in there and where it’s slated to be parked. Did that with all the new Korg installers. There are no VST3 versions…just VST2’s (and AU’s). If the Mac installers don’t have VST3 versions, you can bet your boots the PC versions don’t either.
On a number of Macs

Return to “Instruments”