MultiTrack Studio (MTS)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MultitrackStudio

It supports MIDI 2.0 and MPE. Go figure.

https://cdm.link/2021/03/midi-2-0-in-a- ... Newsletter

I must say, the more I look at it, the more I like it. It won't take me away from Live, but I keep finding stuff I like. Haven't tried recording with it yet. Looks a lot better on macOS than under Windows if you scale it.

I guess I'm the only one keeping this thread alive, but really, the more I use this thing, the more I think it's incredibly under-rated. My latest discovery is that when you select a bunch of MIDI notes, and right-click for Edit Notes, you get a little dialog where you can alter the velocity, duration, quantization. Nothing amazing about that, except that you can see the results in real time.

I also like the multi-track MIDI editor being it's own separate window, and the way edit windows disappear when you go back to the main window. It was disconcerting at first, but I like it better than an MDI or for that matter having open and close panes. Just reopen it and because all the views are synced, it's in the state you left it.

There's even some MIDI stuff for newbies like expanding notes to chords.

My one gripe so far is that warping, while elegant, could be very slow for my purposes. You select an area and drag the handles. As far as I can tell, there's no way to select all the transients and just time correct them across an entire audio part.

There are a ton of other things I like as well. You're doing yourself an immense injustice if you just download it, kick the tires for 5 minutes and ditch it. I was just as dismissive at first blush, but after hearing some of the MtS users talk, I decided to keep on testing. While the look isn't very seductive, operationally it's pretty cool. If nothing else, you might find some interface stuff you'll ask your primary DAW's devs to look into.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”