Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

I'd prefer the 01/Wfd, with emulated disk drive

“I can't see the Z1 being different enough to warrant bothering. What I'd like to see is the O1/W. It's AI2 synthesis was amazing and quite unique.”

I used to own an 01/Wfd, my second synth after a DX-11. I loved it. But I have to say there is nothing unique about the 01/W compared to the M1. It’s a bigger version of the M1. The 01/W’s waveshaping function was extremely rudimentary and not that useful. The M1 vst does way more than the 01/W. The 01/W vst would be redundant.

Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:43 am
BBFG# wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:57 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm I've read so many threads where CUBASE was the problem.
Deductive reasoning eliminates that claim here.
The Cubase "problem" would only be they no longer support VST2.
And I can't find any VST3 for Korg under the usual "common" folders.
Was really hoping I somehow missed a step during the install, but I just did a reinstall and saw nothing to corroborate "user error". Still hoping someone else has a clue here.
Next step is to go back to previous versions.
Before I run any installer, I always break into them with Pacifist (I’m on a Mac) to see what’s in there and where it’s slated to be parked. Did that with all the new Korg installers. There are no VST3 versions…just VST2’s (and AU’s). If the Mac installers don’t have VST3 versions, you can bet your boots the PC versions don’t either.
I had come to that conclusion as well, but grabbing at straws why the updates will not load in Cubase now. Tried it also in Mixbus and Cakewalk and Korg crashed them both on loading.
Tried downgrading to previous versions and still getting the new problem. EXCEPT for Wavestation. Which the previous version is working great in all three...
Contemplating my next move now.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:06 am
Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:43 am
BBFG# wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:57 pm
Aloysius wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:26 pm I've read so many threads where CUBASE was the problem.
Deductive reasoning eliminates that claim here.
The Cubase "problem" would only be they no longer support VST2.
And I can't find any VST3 for Korg under the usual "common" folders.
Was really hoping I somehow missed a step during the install, but I just did a reinstall and saw nothing to corroborate "user error". Still hoping someone else has a clue here.
Next step is to go back to previous versions.
Before I run any installer, I always break into them with Pacifist (I’m on a Mac) to see what’s in there and where it’s slated to be parked. Did that with all the new Korg installers. There are no VST3 versions…just VST2’s (and AU’s). If the Mac installers don’t have VST3 versions, you can bet your boots the PC versions don’t either.
I had come to that conclusion as well, but grabbing at straws why the updates will not load in Cubase now. Tried it also in Mixbus and Cakewalk and Korg crashed them both on loading.
Tried downgrading to previous versions and still getting the new problem. EXCEPT for Wavestation. Which the previous version is working great in all three...
Contemplating my next move now.
No problems with Cakewalk here, though I did just update it while I was also getting the new Korg stuff. Do you have the latest version that came out today?

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

It's not Bandlab.

Chrisk-K wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:05 amBut I have to say there is nothing unique about the 01/W compared to the M1. It’s a bigger version of the M1. The 01/W’s waveshaping function was extremely rudimentary and not that useful.
If that's what you think, you didn't learn how to use it. I was able to do things through the waveshaping that I've never been able to do on any synth since.
The M1 vst does way more than the 01/W. The 01/W vst would be redundant.
The M1 VST is just a sample playback machine. It doesn't even have a resonant filter, FFS. Even Kontakt feels way more like a synth. I couldn't believe how awful the M1 was when I installed it, which is why it's not installed now. That thing changed the game for me in 1991 but it hasn't aged well at all.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The V3 files did eventually show up in my account and the Software Pass link now points to the latest version. So I guess someone at Korg woke up.

All instruments installed and updated fine, but the Software Pass app still thinks they didn't. :roll: I checked the dll file dates and properties in my vstplugins folder to make sure.
So the app is wrong. Doing a "refresh" does not make any difference. Oh well, at least I'm fully set up now.

mountainmaster wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:13 am All instruments installed and updated fine, but the Software Pass app still thinks they didn't. :roll: I checked the dll file dates and properties in my vstplugins folder to make sure.
So the app is wrong. Doing a "refresh" does not make any difference. Oh well, at least I'm fully set up now.
same thing here for the Triton Extreme. The Korg Software Pass continues to think that i need to download it, when it is installed and working fine. :roll: :x :dog: :clap:

starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:55 am
Examigan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:41 am
starflakeprj wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:55 am
Caine123 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:42 am why does my account here https://id.korg.com/accounts say no products in my account? i migrated from korg.net 3-4 years ago... and my 2 mails were never replied to... what a crap page and support
I'm experiencing about the same thing. My M1 Le license is showing, but not my KORG Collection v2 license, for some reason, so I can't create an upgrade code for v3.
Did you try the Korg Software Pass? When I ran it this morning there was a new version available. I never go directly to the site anymore for the plugins, I just use the Korg Pass to update/reinstall, etc.
I can use the Korg Software Pass du install/upgrade my current KORG Collection v2, but the problem for me is that I can't create an upgrade code to upgrade to v3 for $99. I assumed that was what Caine123 indirectly meant as well. I have emailed the support now, so let's see when they answer.
hi,yes exactly! thx, i sent Korg 2 Mails in the past, NO, NOOOOO reply :/ please let me know if you are more succesful.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

The Software Pass app has been problematic since the day it was introduced. This new version seems to be no different.
On a number of Macs

all these pass softwares are annoying mostly. i prefer DLL etc.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

mgelon wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:33 am
Arashi wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:54 pm There's still no upgrade path for people who bought the original Legacy Collection, then bought the ARP Odyssey plugin separately. I own all the same things as the "Special Bundle", but can't get the Special Bundle upgrade price.
I've been in a similar situation, buying them all separately before the Triton (and not completing/consolidating the group before the korguser to korg id migration). I had emailed support about consolidating licenses when Legacy Collection 2 released, but it seemed like a brick wall.

I'm thinking of trying a new email that very clearly describes how poor the deal is- I own 7 of the 11 products, and if I want LC3, it's $299.00 in this sale, the same price someone who owns 0 would pay. That does not make any sense. I'm assuming their internal system is not set up to perform these kind of edge-case license scenarios.
I emailed support today as well. If they want my money, they'll sort it out…otherwise I'll pass. Not going to pay twice for the ARP Odyssey plugin.
Stormchild

Caine123 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 am all these pass softwares are annoying mostly. i prefer DLL etc.
Korg's is the worst one by far. When you click "Update" (which you have to do for each plugin — there's no "Update All"), all it does is download the installers and make you run them manually, one by one.
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:46 am
Caine123 wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:40 am all these pass softwares are annoying mostly. i prefer DLL etc.
Korg's is the worst one by far. When you click "Update" (which you have to do for each plugin — there's no "Update All"), all it does is download the installers and make you run them manually, one by one.
wow thats revolutionary :D
man i see it in the IT world too, they wanna push cloud and all the stuff forward and it is mostly not even on a reliable stage. digitalization hooray! lol

Can someone post audio examples of the new synths please?

Return to “Instruments”