Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

Probably. I love it. :)

If you want to get rid of the clicks, the amp envelope is by default set to a little bit attack in the init preset, and that should get rid of most of the clicky-ness.

SLiC wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:53 pm I was looking at a few sound packs and came across this...

https://bellatrixaudio.com/product/best ... ollection/

Spire pre-sets collection 25 sound packs for $20! (yes, that's 25 sound packs, seems to be 23 Spire, 1 kick drum samples and 1 Diva!)
Absolutely one of the best deals for presets in any synth. I have been buying these preset banks when they were like $10 a piece and now this is a deal. I saw that each one had a $3 or more price tag on it, but must of missed the collection for the same price. This company makes beautiful presets for Spire and some others too; they just made a couple Dune 3 ones as well but talk about one of the best deals there is for presets

EDIT: The collection doesn't include all of the Spire preset packs (Saw Metamorphose isn't included here) like I presumed but it does have 25 preset banks, yet since it is the "best of" I don't believe it contains all presets from the respective packs. Anyways, still is a great deal

Bellatrix Audio is fantastic. I have all their Spire libraries except one which I'll pick up one of these days. Absolutely stunning ambient sounds. Cyber Sky Electro has some really nice synthwave. They have top quality sounds. I haven't tried their Dune libraries since I don't own Dune.

The Collection is a terrific deal. I have it and wondered similar things. It does contain the full, entire sets from all the included libraries. Also, when I got it, somehow it also included Aqua, even though it's not stated as one of the libraries. Keep that in mind when purchasing. A little bummer because I had purchased Aqua separately at the same time, but there was a screaming deal when I got it, I didn't mind.

Metamorphose is a really fun set. Lots of moving pads with very interesting stuff going on.

Join our summer sale with up to 90 USD off on Spire and 40% off on all sounds until August 15!
www.reveal-sound.com

To save people clicking through: it's actually $40 off Spire. The $90 off is for a bundle with presets.

I wonder if there are any updates planned for Spire, do they have any sort of roadmap on social media?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I've been looking at Spire for a year or two but held back on purchasing until today.
Just picked it up in the sale, my first impressions are positive.
This could very well retire my use of Sylenth.

Norqa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:33 am This could very well retire my use of Sylenth.
It surely does that for me. :)

Is there a reason to retire Sylenth? For me, there may be - because I prefer Spire's copy protection scheme over Sylenth - and I have considered retiring other plugins for the same reason - to only retain ones that use serial/license file copy protection.

That Bellatrix bundle for $20 is a steal. Even for $40... or more. I have them all and purhcased mostly at regular sale prices. I picked up some missing ones during their $3 pay what you can sale. But $20 for all... no brainer if you have Spire.

OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:16 pm Is there a reason to retire Sylenth? For me, there may be - because I prefer Spire's copy protection scheme over Sylenth - and I have considered retiring other plugins for the same reason - to only retain ones that use serial/license file copy protection.
Luckily I haven't produced any tracks with Sylenth even though I did support the developer.
Is there a reason? Stupidity/inexperience can surely be my only defence.

Norqa wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:45 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:16 pm Is there a reason to retire Sylenth? For me, there may be - because I prefer Spire's copy protection scheme over Sylenth - and I have considered retiring other plugins for the same reason - to only retain ones that use serial/license file copy protection.
Luckily I haven't produced any tracks with Sylenth even though I did support the developer.
Is there a reason? Stupidity/inexperience can surely be my only defence.
I've used Sylenth in a couple of tracks, but not in a while. It still sounds great, to me at least. But I think Spire sounds as good, and better in some cases. I think Sylenth is maybe a little less fiddly when editing patches, since Spire requires more clicking to get to each osc setting.

I know part of me is just being overly... not paranoid, but... 'concerned' that I'd write a bunch of tracks with a given synth and then have the synth be inaccessible if the activation breaks - I've seen other CR synths become deactivated because of a bug or whatever, requiring online activation again. Or, that a synth company goes under and then there's not a way to activate the synth on a new machine. Not a high probability of this happening, but at least with serials or license files, there's no concern there. And these days, there's plenty of options out there, in this case, Spire vs Sylenth.

Probably the biggest barrier for me to go this route is the Synapse Audio synths... Dune 3 and Obsession are great.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:52 pm
Rastkovic wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:47 pm Does the 'Click Removal' option work? I can't hear actually a difference....
As far as I understand it (correct me if I'm wrong), what click removal actually does is remove clicks which can occur when switching presets, not the transient clicks.
I ask the support, they tell me it is indeed to remove oscillator clicks, like shown in the video below (@1:40 min). But, it seems only to work with monophonic sounds.

Anyway, I found a solution for my personal "click" problem. Shame on me, I wasn't aware that you can change the curve type of the envelope stages, so I switched the decay stage from exp1 to exp2 and now it sounds fine to me. Problem solved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJ2AEKlLhc&t=99s

I have the latest version of Spire 1.5 installed and today I opened an older Renoise project that had an instance of Spire 1.1 among other things. If I remember correctly, when opening older Studio One projects, the DAW automatically replaced all 1.1 instances with 1.5, but in Renoise I get an error message saying the plugin can't be found. Is the automatic replacement the correct behavior?

That's annoying. Are you supposed to keep all previous versions installed in parallel?

I remember some old test project. When I loaded it years later I no longer had any of the plugins installed, mostly demo versions :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”