PiKTrix goodies / User Manual & more documentation later

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PiKTrix

Image :dog:

I am very proud to present my new performance video dedicated to PiKTrix Qi-Rack ! :party:
https://youtu.be/k38MaSsNQkU

and a new update (version 0.51) :
  • Mod wheels don't bother the keyboard anymore in all versions.
  • Fix bug on Fader Morph with mouse drag.
Next time, a video that will show install with PiKTrix soundware Credit...
If you are more suggestions, don't hesitate because i feel a bit lonely with this hard work. I think I'm at the end of the tunnel with all the presentation...

still a lot of shadow with some functionality maybe. PiKTrix is ​​still unfinished as it is but I think in a month or two it could be all the rage. Just the time to take care of the finishing touches :tu:

A new one (tutorial of advanced functions with PiKTrix Qi-Rack)

https://youtu.be/RulXqtGMI8o

(version 0.6) :

[On Qi-Rack version] :
  • Improvement in the Arp module to have the first note at start (always the second before this update)
  • Less values in speed of the Arp (deletion of 'd' value for a better incrementation of the speed for the moment)
  • Better view of 'OSC Setting' panels (by selected layer)
  • 'Medals' in OSC Setting panel (modulation, Vibrato, Pan drag) are now connected to the audio out after Master bus (after Reverb & FiltoDrag modules) to have a better result and the medals are independants (does not depend on checked boxes wich are connected before the Master bus). You can have also the 2 (before and after) if you activate the medal and the check parameter
  • Better placement of cable images in PiKTrix Qi-Rack 32 and the cables don't bother the controls of the GUI Interface
  • Memory in program change at Mod Wheels on PiKTrix Qi-Rack 64 !
[on all versions]
  • The stroke of mod wheels parameters (modulation, Vibrato, Pan drag) had been improved (better range & smooth at beginning of the stroke) 
  • The Envelope is not the default mode of FiltoDrag when nothing is selected now (no movements in filter)
  • Envelope button now disable when Oscillator is selected
  • Update of several patches which have been reworked (50 presets on all versions but on the 32 bit versions & 64 bits version of PiKTrix Qi-Rack, presets are not the same !)
  • Better 'Init' on 32 bits versions... and even better soon (surely after the KVR DC2021 for the Layers 2,3 & 4 of the Qi-Rack 32 version)
Good luck for all KVR DC2021 Entries ! :tu:
Last edited by chopen on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

I made a mistake again at the end of Install.bat !

Fix 0.61 :
--------
    Fix bug in Install.bat for installation of VST3 Presets...
    (the presets dated from the end of June with the old one !!!)

Anyway, I don't think I joined the KVR community with this project...
    Too bad because he was starting to be nice and it's still my personal project that will help me to make some music in the future... :borg:

It's all rigth now with PiKTrix VST3

(version 0.7) :
    • Fix Initialisation Bug in 32 bit versions !!!
    • Better organization of parameters in all versions (private or visible in your DAW)
    I hope i haven't forgotten anything now ! So, there are only 2-3 days left. My personnal challenge was to have a good project for this deadline. I hope to have succeeded...

Surely still lack a little documentation but just enough time :ud:
    Maybe a little help to listen to presets would not be refused. Isn't it Harryupbabble :wink:

chopen wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:41 am (version 0.7) :
    • Fix Initialisation Bug in 32 bit versions !!!
    • Better organization of parameters in all versions (private or visible in your DAW)
    I hope i haven't forgotten anything now ! So, there are only 2-3 days left. My personnal challenge was to have a good project for this deadline. I hope to have succeeded...

Surely still lack a little documentation but just enough time :ud:
    Maybe a little help to listen to presets would not be refused. Isn't it Harryupbabble :wink:
    hi chopen. i did try to test piktrix but could not make it work. it was too difficult. i am too dumb. i am used to just clicking dll files and the plugins would open in tobybear miniost.

and if plugins don't open in minihost i just drag them onto savihost. most would open there.

after that, i put those plugins where reaper sees them, and most worked.

also, this year, time was less available. i was busy converting my old cubase, anvil studio, and other projects to reaper projects.

so far, i have only finished testing about 60 percent of all the dc2021 plugins.

but i will try the newest piktrix update tomorrow and see if it works. i suspect that you put a lot of hard work into piktrix and that is admirable.

it is late here and it is way past bedtime. and so, ciao for now.
    ah böwakawa poussé poussé

There's more possibility of learn too with an external controler (I dont mention this in the Fix comment). Just click right in a picture. Select learn and turn a potar of your machine ! And i Hope there's no important mistake in the last one... I was si happy to sleep at 5:00 A.M After this debug night in the 32 bits versions of PiKTrix !

yay, the update worked.

i got the 32-bit version of both ony and qi-rack working in tobybear minihost, savihost, cubase le 5, and reaper 2.

i couldn't get it working in reaper 6, 5, 4, and 3.
    strange. what works in reaper 2 should work in reaper 6, 5, 4, and 3.

i'll test the presets of ony and qi-rack in reaper 2.
    i'll make a video of the test later tonight maybe.

by "test" i just mean preview the presets one by one. not quite a true test.

( version 0.8 ) :
    • Corrections in Install.bat (new folder 'Module\' with PiKTrix.txt for not delete this after Install.bat & Uninstall.bat). PiKTrix.txt allow you to write you 32bit Plugin & 64bit plugin repertory (no VST3 but only 64bit. VST3 is in Common Files\VST3 & Documents\VST3 Presets...)
    • A file must be rename in the pataphysis soundbank : 'vintage Case (L2)~pitch.txt' (Install.bat do it)
    • Shortcut to the differents standalone versions of PiKTrix 
    • Some minor modifications in PiKTrix Ony presets...

I have not yet test in other DAW than Cubase Studio 5 (but it is not a recent DAW. I am a bit behind on updates but if I win a prize on the KVR DC I would be how to use it). I have test in June on Fruity Loop (demo) and it was OK...

Tommorow, i get an eyes on Reaper :wink:
    Thanks Harryupbabble for the contribution !
    I am going to try some preset (do not record 02-11-12-20-21 on PiKTrix Ony 64 or programs 12-15-17-20-21 on PiKTrix Ony 32 with 0.7 version...). I just corrected this in the 0.8
    it's not huge but just a little extra... In fact, it is just the Envelope that is not activate...

last advice : Try to record with 'Master (Bypass)' and without in PiKTriX Ony for compare the 2 modes and in Preset 2 without 'FiltoDrag' and with... :hug:

i just saw the post above but i have already made a video.
    yes, the pataphysis presets are silent.

i think the presets that worked are not sounding the way it was meant to sound. i am not sure. i still like a few of them, just the way they are, especially the ones that has sustain.

chopen, if my loopy and repetitious video is terrible and makes you vomit, please let me know and i will make it private or not visible at youtube. it was just meant to show that trikpix is functional and loadable in a daw.

yes, i'm just glad that cubase 5 (lite edition) and reaper 2 does recognise trikpix. it means i can use trikpix in a proper song, using those two daws. personally, i am hoping that eventually trikpix will work in reaper 6, my main daw.

okay, anyway, i'm off to try to "test" the remaining dc2021 plugins. ciao

https://youtu.be/R7njSOaEVtQ

Hum... Ok ! Thanks Harry, it's cool. Something wrong with the GUI interface under Panic...

I dont know if we see this in all other laptops than mine. My second PC let me go and I can't verify now but i'm going to debug this soon if it really exist. I have just see 1'30 of tour video before write this...

you should have played more with the filtoDrag especially for preset 2 😅.

Have you well do the 0.8 or 0.7 update? with install.bat and put the 32 bit plugin with it's repertory in your plugin folder after?

I have made a mistake with 'Chi-Rack_OSC_Set.png' picture. I am going to do another update. By wait you can copy this picture from Qi-Rack folder (it is well present in PiKTrix_Qi-Rack_32 folder) and dont forget 'Chi-Rack_OSC_Set.txt' too...

No problem with pataphysis preset with me. Maybe please start another Install.bat (You can notify if you want the Plugin32 directory in PiKTrix.txt present in 'Modules\' for an automatic Install)

Have you 24 but or 16 bit versions of the sound bank? With install.bat of the updates of PiKtrix, you are automatically the 16 bits links... You need updates the 24 bits links with 'Install PiKTrix Soundbank [Deluxe Version].bat' or keep the 16 bit .wav files in cohabitations with 24 bit .wav files...

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”