DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hello there! Thank you very much for the work done and for continuing and supporting your developments!
I am using Akai APC Mini and in your script I really miss the function - "Delete all clips except those that are being played" and "Delete all clips" for Matrix View / MIX.
Maybe there is an opportunity to add one more button via the c SHIFT combination?
I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hello! I am very grateful for your work.
I use Novation Launchkey mini mk3 with Bitwig and Reaper.
Can you add functionality to change play button mode to play/stop and add tap tempo function? Much needed additions.
Standard play/pause mode is not convenient. Tap tempo maybe you can add by press Shift + tap one of the pads. And near toggle metronome function.

Thank you! Very cool and useful script!

A quick question for Moss or anyone else who would be so kind as to help.
How do I edit a drum sequence after I have created it and returned to the session view. I'm not talking about overdubbing with played drums, but editing the original sequence created on push
in Drum Drum4 or Drum64 etc
Thanks in advance
Tony

Mikulski wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:04 pm Hello there! Thank you very much for the work done and for continuing and supporting your developments!
I am using Akai APC Mini and in your script I really miss the function - "Delete all clips except those that are being played" and "Delete all clips" for Matrix View / MIX.
Maybe there is an opportunity to add one more button via the c SHIFT combination?
I am not planning to squeeze more into this little device. Out of curiosity: since I never use these 2 functions, what is your use-case with them?

Rasulio wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:25 pm Hello! I am very grateful for your work.
Can you add functionality to change play button mode to play/stop and add tap tempo function? Much needed additions.
Standard play/pause mode is not convenient. Tap tempo maybe you can add by press Shift + tap one of the pads. And near toggle metronome function.

Adding the options for Play can be done but new features are problematic since the programming model of the device is very limited, e.g. Shift is handled by the device.

tfish wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:41 pm A quick question for Moss or anyone else who would be so kind as to help.
How do I edit a drum sequence after I have created it and returned to the session view. I'm not talking about overdubbing with played drums, but editing the original sequence created on push
in Drum Drum4 or Drum64 etc
Thanks in advance
Tony
Simply switch back to the sequencer by pressing the Note button. Press the Note button again if you want to select a different sequencer.
If you switched tracks or clips meanwhile, first select the track again and if necessary the clip (you can use Select+Pad in Session mode to select the clip without starting it).

moss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:28 am
Mikulski wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:04 pm Hello there! Thank you very much for the work done and for continuing and supporting your developments!
I am not planning to squeeze more into this little device. Out of curiosity: since I never use these 2 functions, what is your use-case with them?
In short, I'm a Livelooper (I have a small channel on Twitch, where I constantly play my jams). And these functions are needed not to make pauses between songs, but to make more or less smooth bundles between jam changes (while a couple of clips are playing, I delete non-reproducible clips with one key to free up space and continue on).
In more detail, at the moment I have a rather unusual setup: this is Ableton Lite (where I run drumloops and vst-instruments) + looper Boss RC505 (this is what distributes the tempo, because loops are recorded incorrectly in the opposite direction; bass and guitar go to the rc505). And today I also received Akai Midimix (I also found a script for Bitwig on it and it works well).
My friend, who has the full version of Ableton, made me a simple script for Ableton for these tasks (but since he does not plan to switch to Bitwig, I do not think that he will have the motivation to understand another API).
I myself want to upgrade to 16 tracks (I simply don't need more for live performing) and I'm facing the choice of Ableton Intro vs Bitwig 16. I like Bitwig more, because midi synchronization also works more stably and is much better and thinner implemented (which is important in my case with the rc505) + I can assign loop length recording easily, but Ableton has official support for my controllers (+ready-made scripts for removing unnecessary clips) and several effects (looper & beat repeat, for example). In general, the choice is not easy and I am still in thought. The funny thing is that with the release of Bitwig 4, Ableton added more inputs/outputs to the Intro version (before that there was only stereo, which means there was nowhere to output the metronome click separately)
In fact, for Apc mini I only need a matrix to start/stop clips (roughly speaking, classic functions), turn on / off the metronome and delete all clips except the ones being played.
Here is my story:)
P.S. I also noticed that the pads blink only when starting/recording a clip (with global quantization enabled), but do not blink when the clip is about to stop. But this is a small thing.

Mikulski wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:37 pm
moss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:28 am
In short, I'm a Livelooper (I have a small channel on Twitch, where I constantly play my jams). And these functions are needed not to make pauses ...
Thanks for sharing your workflow! I looked into live looping for a while in the past and if I would do that seriously I would definitively stick with hardware and with the RC-505 you have already a very good tool!

DUPLICATE DELETED

moss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 am
Rasulio wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:25 pm Hello! I am very grateful for your work.

Adding the options for Play can be done but new features are problematic since the programming model of the device is very limited, e.g. Shift is handled by the device.

Maybe by SSM (Stop Solo Mute) button??? In Session or Drum mode. By the way, in drum mode SSM button only works with the created clip in clip launcher. Is it possible to fix it?

hello Moss , thank you so much for this wonderful project!

Maschine Jam , TouchStrip Touch
is it possible to add the Touchstrip Fader Touch function on the user controls page ?

having the option to touch the fader to turn on fx,
and tweek the parameters with the virtual fader,
and release fader to off fx.
like the original maschine software

i see that now it does send out the touch as CC 20-... but it is also sends it on Parameter mode
and i couldnt filter it out , so its unusable.
simply filter touch cc out to act only on User Controls mode will totally do the trick

the jam is a very capable controller and that option will really boost performance

Thank You again :)

Naaman

Hey Jürgen,

i'm in Bitwig 4, Windows 10 with a NI Kontrol 2 S49.

I tried to change "Knob Speed Normal" and the "Knob Speed Low" values in the settings of Bitwig but it does not have any effect. It stays on the standard values of the script.

I tried to restart everything but with no effect ...

Rasulio wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:25 pm
moss wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 am

Maybe by SSM (Stop Solo Mute) button??? In Session or Drum mode. By the way, in drum mode SSM button only works with the created clip in clip launcher. Is it possible to fix it?
Hmm, adding it to the mode selection is an idea. Will think about it.

Drum sequencer mode in general only works if there is a clip selected.

underhippo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:41 pm hello Moss , thank you so much for this wonderful project!

Maschine Jam , TouchStrip Touch
is it possible to add the Touchstrip Fader Touch function on the user controls page ?

having the option to touch the fader to turn on fx,
and tweek the parameters with the virtual fader,
and release fader to off fx.
like the original maschine software

i see that now it does send out the touch as CC 20-... but it is also sends it on Parameter mode
and i couldnt filter it out , so its unusable.
simply filter touch cc out to act only on User Controls mode will totally do the trick

the jam is a very capable controller and that option will really boost performance

Thank You again :)

Naaman
I disabled the touch since I had some issues with it, e.g. user mapping in Bitwig. Maybe I should have deactivated it completely in the template.

underhippo wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:41 pm Maschine Jam , TouchStrip Touch
FYI this and other Maschine-like things exist in MonsterJam: viewtopic.php?f=268&t=566800 (it is tricky to do that with user controls though, so it's done differently)

https://github.com/unthingable/monster- ... perform-fx
Last edited by minortom on Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Controller Scripting”