Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

is that M83 the music in the 3rd video?

This (better) vid has music is certainly easy with Korg, strings, piano, a few rumble drums, albeit pretty morose considering it's a huge garden party for the locals :hyper:

https://youtu.be/k_257v9lDiE

glokraw wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:15 pm
tapper mike wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:57 pm So far I'm loving it and trying to think of BGM stuff that would work with my drone footage.
Triton and M1 should be great for soundstracks with drone videos.
There's some great nightime drone footage of Bob and Flo, Iceland's
currently lava-pumping volcanos, with offspring vents and lava flows.

https://youtu.be/b9Hq6bTBF2A
I wonder how that drone survived flying through the plume of that first eruption shot.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I like the 3rd video, some stunning footage in the 3rd video.

tapper mike wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:03 pm
tapper mike wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:57 pm So far I'm loving it and trying to think of BGM stuff that would work with my drone footage.

I wonder how that drone survived flying through the plume of that first eruption shot.
pssst...it's all shot on a set in Burbank, where the street locals are recruited to portray
Icelanders, and fed lutefisk sushi in the breaks :love:

tapper mike wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 10:03 pm

I reckon they used a magnifying lens, pal.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:47 pm I really wouldn't be hopeful for anything MOSS related...
So... apparently the day has come and Korg Legacy Prophecy has been released...

Yep, color me completely surprised :)

For anyone curious. The Triton Extreme has a very slightly different set of Factory Banks. There are no separate EXB banks, but now Factory Banks A-N. So CC32 is 0-13 for those. Drums and GM map out to the same spots as the Triton. Same rules apply. You have to send CC0, followed by CC32, then Program Change. First time up, this sets the bank. Then you only have to use Program Change messages, until you want to change banks again. Also - anything other than these combinations, much like the Triton.. result in throwing you back to Factory Bank A

CC0: 0
CC32: 0-14 = Factory Banks A-N 32-35 = User Bank A-D
Program Change 0-127

CCO: 120
CC32: 0 = GM Drums
Program Change 0-127

CC0: 121
CC32: 0-9 = GM - GM(9)
Program Change 0-127

Global MIDI Channel... nerfed..

hth
jdoo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:00 pm To summarize what's already been said -- (and thanks again to EvilDragon for pointing me in the right direction)... If someone is looking to map the Triton VST banks to something like the Novation SL MKIII.. here is what worked for me:
CC0 — once set — only need to change CC32
CC32 — once set — only need to do program change messages for the bank
Program Change MUST follow CC32 for bank to change

CC0: 0
CC32: 0-3 = Factory Banks A-D 8-16 = EXB PCM01-09 32-35 = User A-D
Program Change 0-127

CCO: 120
CC32: 0 = Drums
Program Change 0-127

CC0: 121
CC32: 0-9 = GM - GM(9)
Program Change 0-127

Anything other than these combinations = FACTORY BANK A

jdoo wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:22 pm Triton Standalone — on Mac
Using a Novation SL MK3 Controller

I am having trouble figuring out how to get general MIDI and Drum patches mapped. I’ve been able to get Bank changes working from the MK3.
Rotary Knob 1 - CC#0 : Values: 0 - 3 = Factory A through Factory D
Rotary Knob 2 - CC#0 : Values: 8 - 16 = EXB PCM 01 - 09
Any other Values that are not 0-3 or 8-16 will default to Factory Bank A

I am not seeing a way to map the General MIDI or Drums mentioned? Are these also Standard MIDI messages, or something else? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks -
Joe

I was hoping for an update with pcg import and the Z1 inside so it is a real Triton.

But nothing happens ,Korg ignore the truth about that this emulation is not 100%.

Why you don't work it out Korg soon we have 2022?

The Z1 is your best Synth maybe you have forget it.
Last edited by OrionAlpha101 on Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

they never replied to my 3 mails either. i didnt upgrade and still got my legacy collection, they dont see my money. ignorant company
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Maybe there is a shortage of coders capable of the high quality results that would compete well in the market? Sports stars move from team to team, for better money, better conditions, better location etc, I imagine coders are also upwardly transient, and the best ones don't put up with too much corporate BeeEss.
Cheers

Hello!
My iron Korg Triton Extreme burned down a long time ago and was later stolen from me in this form, but I'm happy that now there is a VST version of it :)
My Question: Can I make the Triton Extreme Standalone listen to my external Tap Tempo taps with an External MIDI Controller without generating my own clock? - Many MIDI controllers do not generate their own clock, but devices can be assigned to a specific MIDI command so that the receiving synthesizer's Tap Tempo button can respond to an external MIDI message.
On my iron Triton Extreme it was the "ENTER" button to set the tempo of my moving Combi sounds and their arpeggiators.
And also I could remap any external pedal for Tap Tempo.
Can the VST version of Triton Extreme listen in Standalone mode, and what MIDI command does it need to do this?

spearet wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:51 pmAnd also I could remap any external pedal for Tap Tempo. Can the VST version of Triton Extreme listen in Standalone mode, and what MIDI command does it need to do this?
So you already have a physical MIDI ctrl device which sends tap tempo via a MIDI CC number (CC = continuous controller) instead of MIDI Clock, yes?

Yes, I have three external MIDI Foot Controllers, as well as two desktop ones that I can try if I get information on what MIDI command I should send to the Triton Extreme VST ( Standalone version, Windows 10 ):
1. Fishman FC1 (+ Fishman Triple Play),
2. Keith McMillen Soft Step 2 (+MIDI Expansion),
3.Yamaha MFC10,
4. Evolution X-Session
5. Roland A-80.
But none of them can generate MIDI Clock. All of them can transmit PC commands, CC, transport, and some other functions, and two of them Yamaha & Roland can do more, such as SysEx - but these two are too heavy for my travels and my back in the general set of necessary equipment.
Knowing the secret code for Tap Tempo will greatly ease my suffering ;)
If there is a way to get the Triton Exteme (Standalone) to listen to the TAP TEMPO from the foot buttons of regular PC/CC controllers, this will be a viable option for many users. ( The Korg Triton Extreme remains the master clock in this case - for example, a reassignable CC footswitch to a modified function map simply sets this clock by hitting the internal virtual TapTempo button of the Standalone Triton Extreme synthesizer. )
Also I'm hoping that Korg Triton may have reserved some CC message in their hidden options for external control of the Tap Tempo function. But that's just hope...

Return to “Instruments”